Sunday, August 25, 2019

Busy!

My goodness it has been a busy week in our lives. First of all I have an MRI scheduled for Wednesday to find out about the headaches. Second of all, the back spasms came back with a vengeance on Friday. Not fun. I have to go to the neurologist tomorrow because he’s concerned that the shot only worked about three weeks this time. I believe he is thinking the steroids they put me on for my non-existent sinus infection negated the affects of the Botox injection. Ugh!

But we also have exciting news! We got a new camping trailer. We have been watching for almost 3 years to find a good deal on this floor plan that we both liked. Last weekend I was on craigslist and found one for an amazing bargain price. We went and looked at it on Monday and bought it. It has only been used one time before the people decided they wanted a fifth wheel trailer instead. He did not like towing this big trailer.  They had put virtually every upgrade possible on this trailer. We got it for about half of what a new one would have cost with none of the upgrades. When they say there is major depreciation on new camping trailers, they aren’t kidding! Even when they’re only used once! It’s a 2019 Grand Design Reflection travel trailer. An unbelievable bargain.  We were thrilled to find it.  Here, let me show you some photos. Please excuse the mess as were still moving in and my back is not letting me do much.

A verynice gentleman from the dealership delivered this trailer and picked up our old one. My goodness he was a pro. Even in the tight quarters of the campground he put it in place on the first try.

I love my kitchen. After eight years of having literally one foot of counterspace, I have lots now. Since we’re planning to live in this after retirement, we wanted to have it be comfortable. The kitchen has both a regular oven and a microwave/convection oven combo.

Four chairs came with the trailer but two fold up and we have them stored under the bed. They look just like the regular chairs but can be stashed away when not in use.  The tablecloth is one that my mother embroidered over 70 years ago. It’s one of the few things I have that belonged to her and I always keep it on the table in the camper. (But we never eat on it!)

There is a theater seating reclining loveseat on the left that has massage, heat and lights built into it! Just so fancy! The sofa in the back makes into a queen size bed in case we have guests.  Out that back window is a panoramic view of the lake. You can just make out the boat dock in the brightness of the window.
The bedroom has a huge closet with sliding barn doors. Behind the doors are a separate washer and dryer, along with loads of hanging clothes space and shelving.

There is another closet on the other side of the bed with some drawers.

This is the washing machine. On the other side of the closet is the dryer. We didn’t want either one and would have preferred the storage space for when we’re living in it, but they wouldn’t give us any credit by taking them out. Neither one has ever been used and we might try to sell them.

A nice TV in here and there is another in the bedroom. We have been told the fireplace will keep the entire trailer warm.  That is a big pantry to the right of the fireplace. I think that’s one of the things that excited me the most!

I tried to put some little things out to make it feel more like home. Do you see my pretty Piper there in her ballerina outfit?


I didn’t take any pictures of the bathroom because it was so small it was hard to get a picture. It has a nice size shower with sliding glass doors and quite a bit of counter space for a trailer.

Now for the downside. They had the trailer parked at the end of the lot by grassy field at the dealership.  Our first night staying here was Friday night. I was just getting ready to go to bed and out from under the kitchen island popped a mouse! Dennis was already in bed and believe you me, he heard me calling for him! Off he went yesterday to buy some mouse traps. Last night we caught three mice! I think there’s more. That’s what happens when campers are kept in grassy areas. I have never, ever had a mouse in the house or trailer before. I must admit, it is quite unsettling. Is there any advice out there? We definitely have to get it taken care of in the next couple of weeks before we close up for the winter. It doesn’t give us much time to get them out of here.

I hope you’re all having a wonderful weekend and are enjoying the “dog days” of summer. 

“You will be in enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.” II Corinthians 9:11

Much love and many blessings to you all. 

Betsy

24 comments:

  1. I love your new camper. We've had ours for about 6 years now and I am wanting to totally remodel the inside. I have discovered every little thing I don't like about it. :)
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S*!* on the new trailer! What a deal and how nice it was only used once before you got it! It's gorgeous! We've had a few mice in our trailer too.. but Dayle catches them with traps. Hopefully you can find how they are getting in and seal it there. Dayle thinks they come in at the slideouts. How long is this one? Ours 28.3. Have a nice Sunday! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy your trailer is beautiful and it's the same inside. It's so nice to make it feel like home. I love the crocheted blanket and yes I saw the sweet picture of Piper. What a doll!
    Enjoy your new trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new camper is gorgeous and what a deal . . . 1/2 the price . . . it could not have happened to a sweeter person. I am sorry to hear about your continuing health issues and just know that you are in my prayers.
    Thank you for the sweet comment concerning my Steve. It is amazing seeing him outside mowing the lawn. He hasn't felt good enough to do that all summer. He has tried a couple of times, only to make it for about 5 minutes. His doctors are thrilled with his progress and a bit in awe . . . but we know the reason. We have an awesome God and He is watching over us and listening to all the many prayers going up in Steve's behalf. He tells us to love one another and what better way than through prayer.
    God bless you sweet friend. Like I said, you are in my prayers and I'm believing the Lord for good news:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about your headaches and the back problems. I sure understand about back pain and steroid shots. But, oh your new camping trailer is beautiful! I would be tickled to death. It is so pretty inside. I love your kitchen and your mother's old tablecloth is beautiful too. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Betsy! It is beautiful. I hope you have much, MUCH enjoyment there.

    We use mouse baits outside our basement and it has kept the mice out (so far). You might try stashing some up under your trailer and see if it draws them out and then they will die OUTSIDE. Good luck. Hope you get rid of the little critters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice new to you trailer, Betsy and Dennis!! I am glad you find one within a price range you were looking for. Would stackable washer/dryer work for you instead of one in each closet? I'd prefer to have my own if I had a trailer instead of using the laudromat. Hope the mice go away. Yes, keeping some type of bait in there during off season is a good idea. Spraying stuff isn't good as it gets into carpet and furniture. Make some thieves spray and spray the room and maybe where the mice are coming in as well? As is Thieves essential oil from Young Living.
    Hope and pray you get better soon. Hugs and blessings my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go It looks like a beautiful trailer. Mice yuk...traps...and poison, you should find out where they got in? Enjoy you new home away from home and I hope your back is better soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there dear Betsy.
    On my new mobile so can comment yay! Thank you Lord. Its a bit bigger than old one but doesn't shut down etc. 😁
    Oh dear. Sad to hear of ongoing headaches and return of back pain as result of steroids for non existent sinus infection is excessively frustrated.
    Did you have headaches before steroids given? I wondered if they could be related to that's all... am praying and will keep it up!
    Huge praise re the camoer! God is worthy of praise.. His mercies are so very great.
    Poor little mice in wrong spot... should be out in fields in natural abode.
    Only ones I've had were caught in mouse trap.
    We can buy here the throw baits which I like best as more controlled.. and have them thrown around in roof cavity as thats where they get in here.. and keep all vegetation away from house so they cant leap across to get in.
    We have slab so no under cavity. Hunt out obvious entry points and bait them. Check regularly to see if nibbled at.. all I can help with.. but prayer too works best I found. I freak out when they're inside too.
    Love magnificent cloth of your dear mumma's, thd beautiful rug and little Piper.. all precious!
    Thanks for being a blessing, and may God bless you too.
    Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the beautiful new trailer/mobile home. It is gorgeous and big and efficient! So sorry about the mice! I hope they don't/didn't damage anything. Good luck with your appointments and I pray your back feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful new camper trailer for you to enjoy! I'm so happy for you!
    You will soon have it settled and arranged as your 'second' home!
    Sorry about the mice--traps, traps and more traps! You will take care of them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have serious trailer envy!!! I've tried and tried to talk The Mister into getting a small one but no......
    I feel your mouse pain. When I brought my brand new Mini Cooper home a mouse ate through all the wires and the lining under the hood. I was not happy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun Betsy! Congratulations. Sounds like you and Dennis got quite the deal. Good luck with the mice (no advice from me, sorry). Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so sorry about your pain, my friend. I will continue to pray.
    Your new "home" is beautiful. I know you will enjoy it over the years.
    God bless you, Betsy!
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  15. When we used to go camping, we had our camper set up on a camp ground sight, for 6 years, and never had a mouse. We used Irish Spring soap,cut it up into small pieces, and placed it in the closet with our towels, and other drawers. A camper next to us, did not use anything, had a mouse, then tried the Irish Spring, and no more mice. It's worth a try, good luck. Camping is fun, but you don't need the extra uninvited guest,(grin)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well Betsy I have to say a novena for you!!!!! I'm not happy you are not doing better after the shot!

    THE new camper !!! Voila!!!! Oh how fun fun fun!!! I can't wait to see you add your own touches to it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great camper, and a deal to boot! I miss the days when I'd spend week days at our camper on the river. Still have it, but lifestyle changes make spending long periods of time there. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the tour of your beautiful new bargain home on wheels! I am so happy for you two...in spite of the mice trying to enjoy your new home...and I pray they relocate to the natural habitat they were created to enjoy. Maybe the Lord wants you to reconsider keeping and using the washer and dryer. I am prejudiced. When we married Louis asked me what I wanted for a wedding gift from him. I asked for a washer and dryer and was never sorry he purchased them for me. Prayers for blessing and healing for you from my heart to the Lord, dear Betsy. xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Betsy, Your health problems sound as bad as mine. Hope they can find relief for you soon. What a lovely new camper! except for the mice. Eeek. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am praying for you and your upcoming MRI and trusting God for a smooth test and great results, sweet friend. Congratulations on your new, beautiful camper!! Oh, it is just so pretty and nice! SO sorry to hear about the mice problem. Oh, my goodness, we had never had mice until we lived in the country and there was a field next door. Each time they would cut it, it seemed like the mice population would head over our way, and oh, my, it was just awful. I HATE mice with a passion, and they just terrify me. Not to mention, they carry horrible diseases and can make people very sick. One natural thing that does seem to repel them (but WON'T eliminate the ones that are already there) is peppermint oil. I put some in a spray bottle and spray around the outside of doors and windows. Some people suggest you put the pure peppermint oil on cotton balls. They have to be replaced pretty often, though. I hope you can get them all out of your place very soon, as I know how distressing and unnerving it can be. God help you and dispel them quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooooh! Congratulations on your new trailer! It is gorgeous!

    Zero experience with mice, I'm afraid. Hope you are able to eradicate them quickly and block potential entrance points before closing it for the season.

    Regarding the laundry washer and dryer, you might want to think about it until next spring. I can testify that hauling laundry does not become easier as we age! lol But if you are not retiring for several years and do not need them, selling them makes sense. You always can look into stacking units when the time comes. And who knows? Laundry may be a completely different process at that time!

    Hope you discover the source of your headaches soon--and what to do to eliminate them!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The trailer is fantastic Betsy! Wow, so beautiful. Hope the mice situation gets fixed.

    ReplyDelete