Wednesday, January 23, 2019

I have photos!

So I thought I would share pictures that I tried to post last week. Since there are several I will try to keep the actual words to a minimum. Here goes!

The Crosstitch that I was working on. I haven’t touched it since I took these photos. The center angel is finished I’m working on an angel on the left and there will be another on the right.

I’m always amazed at how much the outlining makes the stitching pop. You think it is finished and looks okay, and then you do the outlining and it’s like “wow!” I obviously still have to iron the fabric when it’s all done. The hoop makes a lot of creases.

Blanket number two.

Number three.
Number four.

And all four of them together.

I’ve made all four of these blankets in the last 9 or 10 days. You can’t even tell that I used any of my scraps when you look in my yarn closet! I think it is like the manna from heaven that just keeps multiplying. I still have to wash and block all four blankets and then they will be going to the “Babies of Homelessness” charity in Seattle.

Dennis and I drove up to the lake on Saturday and hiked in to check on the trailer. It’s a good thing we did because the little dishes that collect water inside during the winter were almost full and needed emptied. It uses silica to drawl the moisture out of the air inside the trailer so you don’t get mold growing. They have worked very well for us.

We’ve had such a mild winter that the lake isn’t even frozen over yet. There wasn’t much snow here on Saturday, but the news tells me this morning that they got 18 to 20 inches of snow yesterday and last night.  I’m glad we hiked in last week! We got 7 or 8 inches here at our house. Dennis got up and snow blowed before he went to work this morning. Bless his heart. I always did that until my back issues. I feel like I’ve just placed one more burden on him. I actually enjoy snowblowing, but he won’t let me touch the shovel anymore.

This was the basket I kept the yarn scraps in while I was working on the blankets. Frannie climbed in and made herself at home. For the past week or so she has been in this basket most of the time. I felt bad because it just had a hard cardboard bottom in it, so I knitted a pad for the bottom out of homespun yarn yesterday. It’s very soft and squishy and she has barely left the basket. It’s sitting on top of the dining room table which has always been a no-no for me. No cats on the table. But I just don’t have the heart to make her stop. I tried putting the basket on the floor and she didn’t like that. She likes it up high where she can look out the patio door whenever she wants. Isn’t she pretty?
The table under the TV is back to normal with all the Christmas decorations gone. I do like to leave some snowman out for a while though. I have Kyleigh and Caleb’s pictures covered up as they don’t like those online. Neal and Jenny gave us the scripture sign as part of our Christmas present and I really like it. And yes, that’s the television cable hanging down. I know we’re supposed to try to hide it, but it really doesn’t bother us that much.

The pain is gone from the injections themselves that I got in my back yesterday, all eight of them!  Now I guess we wait to see how they work on the actual muscles. I appreciate all of the prayers that you have all prayed for me. I have another appointment at the spine clinic this afternoon. And physical therapy tomorrow. They keep me busy that’s for sure. I hope you all stay warm and dry wherever you may be.

I will close by sharing my Mom’s favorite scripture with you today. For some reason it popped into my head this morning when I woke up. I miss my Mom. She’s been gone 29 1/2 years now and sometimes I still find myself reaching for the phone to call her. Actually, as I wrote this I just realized I have lived half of my life since she died. I was 29 when she passed and I’m 58 now. I still miss her desperately.

“I lift up my eyes to the mountains, where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of Heaven and earth.” Psalm 121: 1,2

 Blessings, Betsy

16 comments:

  1. Wow, Betsy, I'm so impressed with how many blankets you've finished for charity! Those will bring love and warmth to little people who need it. You're so good. I'm sorry your other grandkids can't be shared.. I'm glad my kids are okay with me sharing my grands. My kids are pretty used to their mom being a blogger I guess.. LOL! I sure do hope the injections work for you and I'm glad you're getting the best care possible for your back. Well.. of to pack my swim bag.. sending you love and..
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for the back pain relief . It is time! I love the scripture your family gave you! I love snowblowing but my back is hurting now! i got in the hottub an hour ago and it helped I will have a prayerful day tomorrow. A dear friends mom passed and it will be here funeral Mass. It is going to get so very cold here. Glad no cemetery service!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frannie looks so sweet in her basket. I just want to snuggle that sweet face.

    Giroux likes to lay on my sweater dryer and it doesn't seem to matter if the sweater on there is WET!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your verse Betsy the Christmas pressie one and mumma’s verse, my mum went it. 2001, and I still miss her lots, I was blessed as I cared for her for 16 years. It was funny I thought I would never be able to live here with out her but when it was needed the grace to do so was given and not before.
    Praying for continued grace in healing... all the way to freer movement, God willing,
    Prayer hugs,
    Shaz in Oz. X

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}
    {Wonderful Words Of Life - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dearly love your cross stitch! Frannie looks like Miss Peeps except Miss Peeps has some white too. Also, I noticed with Annie....it's much colder on the floor so they do enjoy being up higher where the warm air is. You're like a factory the way you churn out those blankets! Do you never sleep? LOL! Amazing how you get so much done on the crafting front. Take care and stay cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a joy to see all your projects, you certainly have been busy. Your crochet blankets are beautiful, such a wonderful array of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those blankets! And a very fun cross stitch! I've been going through stashes and found quite a bit of unfinished cross stitch, not to mention tons of yarn and a fair bit of fabric. Time to stay away from shops, right? Hope you feel better by the day! Hugs.!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blankets - they will be appreciated and loved. Have you ever tried a product called Damp Rid? I used to purchase the ones that hang. They worked wonderfully, pulling moisture out of the air. I found them on Amazon but also saw them at Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cross stitch is wonderful! That is a great Bible verse! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the stitching! And all those blankets...what a riot of color. Kitty is a beauty. She looks so comfy in her basket.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, I surely understand missing your Mom. I miss mine every, single day, too. I don't suppose we will ever stop missing them until we are reunited with them in Glory one day. What a day that will be! Your afghans are just amazing and so beautiful. I am glad your pain is less today and trust Jesus to let them work and do what they need to do to improve your quality of life, sweet friend. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous blankets Betsy! You are like a machine cranking them out. Frannie looks so sweet in the basket. Tyg likes being up also. Even though no one was around at the lake, I bet it was beautiful and peaceful. Glad you got up there when you did.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH my heavens Betsy, you made those the last 9 days! You are amazing! I'm a slow knitter and I try everything to get faster! Oh that lake is beautiful, even in the winter. Aww, your kitty looks so sweet.

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely photos of all your projects. :) Wishing you a day filled with much joy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your kitty kat is pretty and just a wee bit spoiled maybe! LOL How nice of you to make a pad for her basket and all those blankets you made for those babies are so special. Love the cross stitch. What size cross stitch material is that? Hope you continue to get better. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so lovely making all of those wonderful blankets Betsy. Hope your back is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete