Thursday, January 17, 2019

Foggy Thursday.

I have been trying to publish this blog post since early yesterday morning. I had several photos to share with you as you’ll be able to tell by reading, but blogger will no longer let me publish photos. When I followed the link it provided, it says  blogger no longer supports picasa as of January 12. I have no idea how to not use picasa because I didn’t know I was using picasa! I simply go to my photo gallery, choose a photo, and it publishes it. Once again, blogger has stumped me. If anybody has any idea what I can do would you please help!?  I spent hours upon hours yesterday trying to fix this problem and I couldn’t figure it out. After reading the post you will see how frustrating it is and how I feel without photos there’s no point in me even blogging anymore. So much of my blog is showing you the projects that I’m working on.

Now, onto yesterday’s post. :-)

It’s another rainy, soggy day here in Spokane but I’ll take it! It’s not that white stuff, so I’m not complaining. It’s nice and cozy inside the house and I believe I will stay here all day. It was below freezing this morning and the rain was actually ice on the roadways. Dennis said it was a pretty slippery commute, but he made it to work safely.

Of course snow is predicted next Tuesday morning for the first time in several weeks. That is the morning I have to drive up to the top of the hill to get the injection in my back. Of course. I would appreciate prayers that morning for any of you that think about it. Since I quit working I’ve become a huge wimp when it comes to driving in the snow and ice, and I prefer to just stay home when I can.

I have a few projects to show you this morning. The first one is the corner to corner crochet blanket that I showed you last Friday. I finished it a couple of days ago.  It hasn’t been washed and black yet so it’s a little crooked, but that will all even out afterward.

Photo deleted by Blogger.

This will be donated to either the Crisis Nursery or Babies of Homelessness in Seattle, as willl the next one that I started last night.

Photo deleted by Blogger

It’s just a simple ripple.  I’m still trying to use up some of my scraps.  I think they are multiplying in the basket at night like manna in the desert, after I go to bed. I seriously think I have just as much as I did when I started the first blanket! I haven’t crocheted a ripple in a long time and I’m enjoying this. It’s about 36 inches wide and I’m just using the colors randomly as I reach into the basket.  I forgot how quickly the double crochet ripples work up.  This is about three hours of crocheting yesterday evening while I waited for Dennis to get home from a meeting.

Photo deleted by Blogger.

I haven’t worked on this since Sunday afternoon because the lighting has been so bad and these old eyes need good lighting to do Crosstitch anymore. I forgot how much of a difference the outline detail makes. That is another angel on the left and there will be another one on the right. Look at the difference in the detailing from the one on the left with no outlining and the one on the right. I really am enjoying this again.

Photo deleted by Blogger.

A closer look at the completed angel. Sorry about all of the wrinkles, that’s what happens when you have the project in a hoop.

Photo deleted by blogger.

The table under the TV is back to normal after the Christmas decorations went away. I have Kyleigh and Caleb‘s face’s covered because they prefer for them not to be online. But there is Miss Piper and Kale and Hayden. Also our sweet Chloe front and center. We received the beautiful sign from Neal and Jenny as part of our Christmas gift from them and I like to leave some snowman out throughout the winter. Dennis bought me the one on the left for two dollars at an after Christmas sale. He is about 9 inches tall and I think he is very handsome.  I know that you’re supposed to try to cover up that cord from the television, but honestly, it really doesn’t bother us that much. A fancy decorator, I am not.

Photo deleted by blogger.

The kitchen island has a welcome sign from the dollar store, along with some of my crocheted snowflakes. Sorry about the angle and the crookedness of this picture, but I was trying to get a picture without too much of a glare. I’m not sure I succeeded. Ha!

I still have the same pair of socks in my carry-along bag that I’ve been working on for about two months now. I need to get cracking on them, but I’m really enjoying these crochet blankets! I’m also putting a square on my nine patch block every few days. How are things with you? I know some parts of the country are getting slammed with snow this weekend. I hope you are all safe and warm. 

“For every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the Heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.”  James 1:17

Many blessings, Betsy

16 comments:

  1. How frustrating that you can not post photos. That doesn't make any sense that they are denying Picasa when you don't use Picasa. One idea I have is that as a test you could put one of your photos on your desktop and then try to add it to a post. That way blogger would search your desktop and not Picasa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out Google photos as your photos could be in there as well. I think you can pull them from there. I'm getting my root canal done early afternoon. Weather's ok here...rain and some breeze Thursday and same thing today. Hugs my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are enjoying crochet!! The socks can wait. I too am a nervous nellie driving in the snow. I hope to escape the snow. I have a haircut at 2;30. I have to drive a half an hour to get there. I need to be more confident. I hope to beat the first flakes. Later we have to drive to get zach from the train in the snow...ugh. Prayers please Betsy!! Im praying for you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you're having issues with Blogger. Have you tried signing out (logging off) of your blog, wait a few minutes and the sign in (log in) again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you still using The BlogTouch Pro app? If so, contact their support your team.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How frustrating for you. I will speak to my daughter over the weekend, she may have some suggestions for you. Take care, you remain in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betsy, I have a folder on my desktop called "Blog" and I drag all my images in there to use on my blog. When I'm done, I delete them and put the next images in for the next post. Please try that, then you can choose your photos from there. I'm glad you can stay home most of the time through the icky old winter. I wish I could but I need to swim to keep my heart strong. Try my photo suggestions and I hope for the best. You can even open that last post and hit "Edit" and add them. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use Google Photos and they did that to me when they changed formats a while back. I had to move all my photos to their new website. I used to use Flickr when I first started blogging but it too got finicky. It seems as soon as you get comfortable, everything has to change. I hate when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, the Blog Touch pro support should help, Betsy as it’s a bought app.
    There is also a blogger support team and I’ve gone through them once a very long time ago.
    I’m pryaing for a solution. Again for you..

    Picasa is Google program, and your photos as I understand it are on your iPad so you’re not using Picasa.. so I think it’s miscommunication between blogger and your app. perhaps.

    I’d seen your blanket on Instagram so knew that photo and yes I think snippets do hatch overnight.

    There is a verse in Proverbs about safety or one of a few actually “the horse is prepared against the day of battle, but safety is of the LORD”.
    So you and your car are prepared for the day of battle against the elements but your safety will be of the LORD. 🙏🏻❤️
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}
    {Wonderful Words Of Life - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice visiting with you, friend. I am so sorry about the frustration of posting pictures.
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my, I know how frustrating blog problems can be! I have never used Piscasa, so I have no idea how to help you with that. I just download photos straight from our computer. I hope you can get it figured out soon. I surely missed seeing your beautiful projects! God bless you and give you wisdom and direction, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Google changed a setting this past week. Blog Touch pro doesn't work with photos and neither does OLW or Open Live Writer, they work with out photos but not with them. OLW geeks are working on a fix , but I havent heard about Blog Touch Pro having anyone working on the Google problem. :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do use Picasa so I a not sure what is happening. I do save the photos I am using to a file especially for my blog and then upload from that file. I posted yesterday and I think my photos are still on. Let us know what you find out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am no help with Blogger Im sorry!! I use wordpress now for free. Very easy. I am not a very fancy decorator either!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry you are having problems with Blogger Betsy! That has got to be frustrating. I can't offer any suggestions. I do keep my pictures in blog files on my laptop and then just go there when I want to add a picture. hopefully you will find a solution!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Darn!!!! Blogger keeps making changes. Makes it so hard to 'enjoy' blogging sometimes... When they make changes, they don't bother to warn people ahead of time... So sorry....

    Good Luck with your injection. Hope it helps your back problem.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete