Friday, December 7, 2018

Brrrrrrrr

It’s Friday everyone! Do you all have big plans for the weekend? It was 7° F. this morning when I woke up. It’s warmed tona balmy 21°F now. I just got home from a post office run and getting gas in my car. Tonight we’re having pizza with our (lake) friends and tomorrow morning we will have breakfast out and we’re thinking about going up to the trailer to check on it. We want to make sure the covers are still on the three trailers and the high winds that we’ve had in the past few weeks haven’t blown them askew.

There is a sleeve finished on Dennis the sweater and the second sleeve has been started. Progress! He tried it on Wednesday night and it fits! That is even better news.  Amelia is inspecting my work.

I received a surprise gift in the mail on Wednesday. My friend Teresa, “Teresa Kasner” over on my side bar, who lives near Portland, Oregon, sent me this beautiful lithophane candle.  I absolutely love it Teresa. Thank you so much.





I had to take three pictures so you could see the view all around it. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again bloggy friends are some of the most thoughtful people I know.

I went to close the curtains on Wednesday night and this was the view I had of Mount Spokane. The mountain is actually north east of us but this was the reflection of the setting sun. Isn’t it gorgeous? That pinky/peach is amazing.

Not too much else exciting is happening here today.  I’m doing laundry and a bit of cleaning and then I will knit on the newest block for the KAL. It wasn’t released yesterday as scheduled, but was on the website this morning when I checked. The designer said it was supposed to be released automatically yesterday but something went wrong. No big problem for me as I had Dennis’s sweater to work on. 

Today is Alex’s 30th birthday. I don’t remember the last birthday we were actually able to celebrate with him because he’s always in Japan. Isn’t it ironic that his birthday is Pearl Harbor day? His girlfriend is arriving in Tokyo today from London for a weeklong visit. He FaceTimed with us last night as he was getting ready to leave for the airport to pick her up. It was already today there!  Gosh I miss that boy. If I could just get my back fixed I could fly there to visit him in the spring for the cherry blossoms. That is probably my biggest goal right now.

I’ll leave you with this last picture. I had a candle lit the other night and I just thought this looked so pretty from where I was sitting in my chair.  This is my view while I knit.

Nativities and snowmen. My favorite part of Christmas decorations.  I’m hoping you all have a lovely week, not too busy that you can enjoy the season.

“If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and I have all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. First Corinthians 13:2

Blessings always,
Betsy

14 comments:

  1. Pretty pictures Betsy. I love those Lithophanes and had never heard of them before reading Teresa's blog the other day. One thing about these cold winter days: sunsets are almost always amazingly beautiful. Stay warm and I hope the covers are all in place on the campers!! Oh, and congratulations on one sleeve finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy, I know some of your pain with your dear son in Japan. I agree about Nativities and snowmen. I love Santas too. Beautiful lamp from Teresa. Hope your back is behaving this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful candle! Stay war,! 20 something for a high here today:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful gift from Teresa! Your mountains are beautiful and so are your cozy decorations. Dennis's sweater is almost done! Lucky man! He will need it this winter. I'm having pizza tonight too and we are supposed to get snow tonight and tomorrow...we'll see...they're never right!LOL! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing your knitting still life reminds me that I used to have a collection of Christmas snow globes and I have no idea what I did with them.
    Love that mountain view. It's just gorgeous. I could look at that all day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you love the gift, Betsy. When I saw one with the nativity I knew it was meant for you. Bravo on e progress on Dennis' sweater. I look forward to a photo of him modeling it for all of us when it's done. Have a good weekend and don't overdo on your back!
    *********************************************
    *H*A*P*P*Y* * *H*O*L*I*D*A*Y*S*!*!*!*
    *********************************************
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. O hBetsy that jumper is going so well and it’s answered prayer isn’t it that it fits the wonderful man in your life. Our God is so Good to us... look at Hus artwork in the skies they often hold me breathless with delight!
    Oh the nativity light sent by Teresa is simply amazing I’ve never seen one so very pretty I’m so glad for you.
    I was surprised to see my card from last year there too, I’ve ones I save and put out each year, I love nativity scenes on cards, curiously some this year are a little like that one but with a different nativity die.
    Praying for your health. The Lord has you in the hollow of His hand.
    Hugs Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great progress on the jumper. You certainly have a beautiful view whilst you sit with your knitting, the nativities and snowmen are a delight. You were blessed with a beautiful gift from Teresa. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lithograph from Teresa is so lovely! Thank you for showing us so we can enjoy it, too. Like Teresa I am looking forward to seeing Dennis model his sweater when you finish it :) Happy Weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dennis will be wearing that sweater in no time. :) That view from your window was gorgeous! Happy birthday to Alex! Praying really hard that your back will be healed for that Spring trip. I hope one day to get to Japan to eat real Japanese food! Thanks to Teresa, I now know a new word. LITHOPHANE! The candle is gorgeous! Blog friends are the best. No matter how long I'm away, you're always right here when I post. Thanks for all your visits and comments. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brrr, indeed! The lithophane candle is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what a lovely candle. That was a very sweet heart gift. Bloggy friends are truly awesome. I love your knitting spot. It's very cozy. Wow, what an awesome view out your window. Perfect picture. It looks like a post card. I still can't figure out how to get rid of the curl in the knitted scarf yet. :( Oh well, there are always lots of other cool things to work on in the mean time. Wishing you a day filled with much joy sweet friend. Blessings always. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice gift from Teresa! It snowed a wee bit last nite but then warmed up and rained. Have a good weekend and hope all is well at the campground. I have many things to do today. Hugs and blessings my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed looking at your pictures. I understand you missing your boy! My daughter lives in Bishop, CA and she turned 24 the day after your son's birthday. She hopes to be here at Christmas. I'm sending Christmas cards out tomorrow and with today being National Christmas Card day, it is perfect day to address them and you are guaranteed to get one.

    ReplyDelete