Saturday, December 29, 2018

A Sad Goodbye

We had to say goodbye to sweet Amelia kitty yesterday afternoon.  She was sixteen years old and came to live with us in June, along with her sister Frannie.  They were my knitting buddies, especially Amelia, and she is going to be sorely missed.  She had lost almost 4 lbs. since August and was just a little over 6 lbs. yesterday.  She was loving and affectionate right to the end.

You could tell that these girls had a lot of love in their home with Brad and Mandy before moving to the “retirement home” with Papa and Grandma last summer.  She is missed already.

Please keep Mandy especially in your prayers.  Amelia was her baby from when she first moved to Portland years ago for her first nursing job.

Mandy’s favorite picture of Piper and Amelia.

Amelia is on the right in this picture taken a couple of months ago.  

Amelia was ALWAYS my knitting buddy and could be found on my lap or inspecting my work.  She slept with me nightly, curled up under the covers next to me.  Last night was difficult.  Frannie has been searching for her since I came home from the veterinarians office alone.  It’s HARD losing our fur babies.  They are family.

She helped me count stitches....

And inspected my work.  She was very conscientious about her job.

She is missed already.

“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort.
 2 Corinthians 1:3

Blessings,
Betsy

21 comments:

  1. Oh Betsy. Many prayers for all of you. Allison just went through this. It hurts so much. Im so so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your loss of such a sweet and well-loved kitty. Sending you a warm and heartfelt hug.
    ((hugs)), Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Betsy! I am SO sorry! Our furry knit pals certainly have a very special place in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's difficult to lose a family pet to sickness. My thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry, Betsy... I know the pain. Sending prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Betsy, I'm so sorry. Losing a loved pet is very hard. And poor Frannie! Sending you and Mandy hugs of comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I'm so very sorry, Betsy. Amelia was such a beautiful cat and she sounded like a wonderful friend, as well. Thinking of you all at this sad time and may God and your special memories give you much comfort! Blessings, Debra

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry about Amelia. Pets take our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Betsy! I am SO sorry! YES, they surely are our family. My heart still aches when I think of our precious dog, Paige, and I will never stop missing her. May God bless and comfort you in your time of loss, and each time you feel sad about missing her, may He send something special your way to let you know that He sees and understands your pain. Mandy, too. May God do the same for her in her times of grief. SO, so sorry, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ((Hugs)) to you and prayers for your loss. Keeping Mandy in my prayers, too. Blessings always sweet friend. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry Betsy. I know Amelia loved her retirement home. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute photo of Piper and Amelia! Pets are part of the family and sorry for your loss but good memories over the years and in your heart always! Hugs and prayers my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sorry for the loss of your beautiful sweet kitty. Our furbabies have a special place in our hearts and I know you are missing her. Hugs. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very sad. Praying the God of all Comfort will be with you all in this.
    God gets it. He cares loves understands.
    Prayer hugs Shaz in Ozx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Betsy, I'm sorry you lost your precious kitty cat. It's so hard to lose a precious pet. Sending you hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Betsy,
    So sorry to hear about the loss of Amelia Kitty! May God give you comfort and may His grace fill yours and Mandy's heart with peace. Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sorry for your loss Betsy, not a great way to end the year. I am thinking of you and sending you love.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sorry to hear about your sweet Amelia, Betsy. That's a tough way to end the year! If you can, find a copy of Cat Heaven by Cynthia Rylant as it might help you as it did me when Mocha crossed the rainbow bridge. Thanks for visiting my blog: I always enjoy hearing from you. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear sweet Betsy.
    How sad you still must be, but I know the God of all comfort is with you.
    Dear precious sis.
    How I thank you for your precious comment on my new blog. It’s somehutng that has been on my heart for a while but I’m not sure where exactly the Lord is taking me on this,
    After my momentous year last year I’m impressed how short time is and we must focus on important things. Eternal things, your comment uplifted my heart so much. Satan torments one with doubts so encouragement is precious.
    Praying for you and your dear ones,
    Hugs Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}
    {Wonderful Words Of Life - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amelia, was blessed to have your family to love her so well. Sending you and yours hugs as you miss her. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am so sorry and sad for you, our furry friends always make our days brighter. Nothing I can say will make you feel better, but I can send you a hug.

    ReplyDelete