Sunday, December 24, 2023

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!

A Christmas Prayer

By Robert Louis Stevenson

Loving Father,
help us remember the birth of Jesus,
that we may share in the song of the angels,
the gladness of the shepherds,
and worship of the wise men.

Close the door of hate
and open the door of love all over the world.
Let kindness come with every gift
and good desires with every greeting.
Deliver us from evil by the blessing
which Christ brings,
and teach us to be merry with clear hearts.

May the Christmas morning
make us happy to be thy children,
and Christmas evening bring us to our beds
with grateful thoughts,
forgiving and forgiven,
for Jesus’ sake.

Amen.

This is the life size Nativity at the back of our church.


The angel said to them,“Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David, a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.”  Luke 2:10-11

Dennis and I wish all of you the most blessed and happy Christmas!

Blessings and love,
Betsy

16 comments:

  1. Happy and Blessed Christmas to you and Dennis πŸŽ„
    GM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you and your family a blessed and very happy Christmas Day

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard that prayer but it is beautiful! Thank you for sharing it. I wish the same blessings to you and Dennis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your day was filled with the love of Christ to share !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending Christmas Blessings to you and Dennis too. God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have a blessed new year

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice prayer poem. πŸ™ I hope you, Dennis and family had a good Christmas πŸŽ„. I need to finish my post soon. Hugs and blessings, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a beautiful ( and very timely) prayer poem by RLS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry and Blessed Christmas, my friend. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful poem, I love his expression about the Christmas season. The nativity is absolutely beautiful!! Merry Christmas to you dear friend, and have a blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Betsy ~ I just added you to my side bar, as I sometimes forget to to visit you!! Thanks for your visits and comments. I truly enjoy them.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete