Friday, September 1, 2023

It’s time!

It’s a beautiful day here today, although it is supposed to be in the 90's again.  This will be a short post because I still have to pack for our trip and we leave Sunday morning. I've done virtually nothing because my back has been dealing me fits all week. I dread sitting on that plane for hours and hours. 

I have gotten a bit of crafting done and have read three books this week while playing invalid! Another baby blanket for charity is finished. I really like this soft lilac color. The blanket is made from Bernat Softee Baby, but hasn't been washed or blocked yet.

I also crocheted three dishcloths using the Suzette stitch and Hobby Lobby's "I Love This Yarn."

And I knit one yesterday in the Moss Stitch using the same yarn in Apple Green.

I also started another baby blanket using a beautiful cream sparkle yarn in filet crochet diamonds. I forgot to take a photo in progress, so I'll show it to you when it's finished. 

I have socks on the needles to take on the plane and work on when time allows throughout the week. Of course I have an extra skein in the suitcase just in case I finish the first pair. I do have my yarn taken care of even if I forget to pack underwear! :-) Brad, Mandy and Piper are on the same flights as we are both to London and home again. We have bnb's in London and Cambridge with them too. It promises to be a great time all around with lots of family fun.

Today is our 45th anniversary. I cannot believe that this man has put up with and tolerated me for all of these years. I am truly blessed. We are so happy together and more in love today than the day we were married. God has been so good to us and we're grateful to all He has done for us! Hopefully He will give us many more years together.

And now I need to get busy. We're going to Texas Roadhouse for dinner since neither of us have been there before and we've heard it's very good. 

I won't be blogging while we're gone because the entire week will be packed with wedding fun and preparation. I'm not even taking my laptop with me. However, I will have my phone with me so even though I won't be able to comment, I will be reading your blogs.

Please pray that my back holds up and I'm able to take part in all of the festivities. That's my one big concern. I don't know what has caused this latest flare-up but it hasn't been pleasant.

Take care everyone and I'll be back soon!

Blessings and love,
Betsy

20 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you and Dennis. Safe travels and have fun!! I'm sorry your back is acting up again - hopefully you can tolerate the flight without too many issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for that back! I'm sorry you have been suffering, but glad you got some rest. Good luck packing. The trip sounds just wonderful with the whole family and what a week you will have! I can't wait to hear all the details when you come back. I can just picture those little girls in their sweaters. What a joyous occasion it will be! And how wonderful you will all be together. Happy Anniversary! I love your picture. Forty five years but it seems like a minute, doesn't it? Enjoy your dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that you back is bothering you, Betsy. You're added to my prayers 🙏 ❤️. I hope have enough room for your underwear 😃 in your luggage 🧳. 😀 😁
    I like using Deep Relief roller ball (YL) that gives me some relief . Enjoy your trip to England 🇬🇧. Happy 45 Anniversary. 💐 God bless you both for the rest of your life together ❤️ ~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary!!! 45 years...wow!
    I am so sorry to hear of your back issues and hope you are on the mend soon. Your trip sounds so exciting. I can't wait for you to get back and share all your adventures!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! Sending prayers for your back sweet friend. Blessings always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! Sending prayers for your back sweet friend. Blessings always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. FELIZ ANIVERSARIO BETSY ¡¡¡¡¡ SI Y PO9R MUCHOS MUCHOS AÑOS MAS, ME ENCANTA TU FOTO DE RECIEN CASADOS, REALMENTE TU Y YO HEMOS SIDO BENDECIDAS CON ESPOSOS TAN BUENOS, AMABLES, CARIÑOSOS, TRABAJADORES, AMIGO FIEL ¿QUE MAS SE PUEDE PEDIR? TE DESEO UN DIA LLENO DE EMOCION Y FELICIDAD. ESTARE ORANDO POR TU ESPALDA, YO TAMBIEN TUVE UN ATAQUE EN EL NERVIO CIATICO HACE 20 DIAS, APENAS SI ME PODIA LEVANTAR, LOS AÑOS NO VIENEN SOLOS JAJAJAJA. FELIZ VIAJE Y FELIZ BODA DE TU HIJO. NOS VEMOS A LA VUELTA Y BENDICIONES QUE DIOS LOS ACOMPAÑE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BETSY ¡¡¡¡¡ YES AND FOR MANY MANY YEARS TO COME, I LOVE YOUR NEWLYWED PICTURE, TRULY YOU AND I HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH SUCH A GOOD, KIND, LOVING, HARD WORKING, FAITHFUL FRIEND, WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR? I WISH YOU A DAY FULL OF EXCITEMENT AND HAPPINESS. I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOUR BACK, I TOO HAD A SCIATIC NERVE ATTACK 20 DAYS AGO, I COULD BARELY STAND UP, THE YEARS DON'T COME ALONE HAHAHAHA. HAPPY TRIP AND HAPPY WEDDING OF YOUR SON. SEE YOU ON YOUR RETURN AND BLESSINGS AND MAY GOD BE WITH YOU.

      Delete
  8. Happy Anniversary to you & Dennis. I hope your anniversary supper will be good. Trying a new place can be tricky.
    I hope you have a safe and wonderful trip to the UK and that your back holds out.
    Blessings, GM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 45th Anniversary!! So happy for you. Love your wedding picture. So sweet and happy! I will be praying for your back to hold up for this upcoming trip. may God give you comfort and strength to see you through. I love the beautiful baby blanket and dishcloths. You are so talented! have a wonderful time with your family!! We'll look forward to hearing all about it when you return home! May God be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations. You are a very blessed wife and Dennis is a very blessed man. Wishing you many more happy years together.

    Safe travels. I look forward to hearing all about the trip when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying for your back. Betsy. Hope all goes well and you can participate in all the fun activities. Wow....that old wedding Pic is delightful! Congrats on 45 years! Travel safely.....all of you. God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary!!!! I adore your wedding photo! And I love that your love is even stronger than it was all those years ago. Have a wonderful trip!!! I will be thinking of you. Prayers for your back, and a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope your back behaves itself and you are able to enjoy yourself with your family. London has been chilly for the last couple of weeks but I think next week we are promised some warm, sunny days, just in time for your arrival. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your trip sounds exciting. I hope you have a wonderful time! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy anniversary!
    Have a wonderful, safe trip!
    I hope your back gives you a break so you can fly in comfort!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are going to have a wonderful time! I will be praying for all of you until you are home again! I always pack the yarn first, too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have a safe trip!! Relax and enjoy yourself! I pray that your back will stop hurting and behave so you can have a really good time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wishing you and your family a safe trip to the UK Betsy. Have a wonderful time and I hope the wedding goes well and the rain stays away. My sister has been telling me today that it is really nice weather there at present. keep well. Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete