Tuesday, September 26, 2023

πŸπŸ‚πŸFall Y’all! πŸπŸ‚It’s here!πŸ‚πŸ

This is one of my favorite seasons of the year, if only it didn’t mean winter was close behind. Oh, the coolness of fall I adore you. 
Not too many leaves are changing here yet, but we’ve had some very cool nights and so I think it will start soon. We’re supposed to be back into the 90s by the weekend though, so we will have some good old fashioned “Indian summer” in the days ahead. 

I didn’t put out nearly as many decorations this year as I usually do, but I thought I would share a little bit of what I have done. This is on top of the fireplace mantle. I do like those buffalo plaid little pumpkins. 

This is the little table in our entryway. I love to turn the light on at night. It has a very low wattage bulb in it and so it just shines a nice light in that corner of the hall.

And here’s our grandparent gallery under the TV. These are all photos of our precious grandchildren. The lights of our lives. I do enjoy this condo for the bright rooms it has for growing plants. They all seem to be thriving here. Sorry again for having to block out Baby J’s face. 🌻 The photo of Dennis and I in the middle was taken last year in Cambridge. We are sitting in front of the hall where the wedding took place last week.

I have started working on the cross-stitch ornaments for this year. Most of you will remember that I make ornaments every year for our children and grandchildren. I put their names and the year on them. When the grandchildren grow up and move out, they will have a tree full of ornaments to start out with, and the parents tree won’t be so empty! As you can see, this one has a lot of white. It’s very difficult for me to see well, unless I work on it in the bright sunlight of daytime. So, I try to Crosstitch for a couple of hours during the bright sunlight of daytime, and then in the evening while we watch TV, I switch over to knitting or crochet.

I’m also working on the last Christmas gift and then I will be done shopping and making for Christmas! This is a pair of socks for Mom. I only work on them when I’m in meetings or Sunday school, so they move along slowly. I’m halfway through turning the heel on the second sock and after that they’ll be done before I know it.

I’m also making another baby blanket in the same diamond pattern and the same yarn as my previous post. I am making it about 5 inches wider. This is such an easy pattern to do and I can crochet away without thinking about it. I bought 12 skeins of this sparkly cream colored baby yarn at a garage sale for five dollars!  Such a bargain!

I’m finally getting over whatever bug I caught while we were in London, although I still have a lingering cough. That will probably be around for a while. Mandy and Piper are still pretty sick, but also seem to have turned a corner and are slowly getting better.

I saw this funny on Facebook and thought about how much it applied to me. Can you relate? I’m always tripping over my own feet. A few times I’ve even landed flat on my face. I remember once about 15 years ago at our house in Spokane. I had walked down the street to get mail, and somehow I ended up flat on my face with gravel embedded in my cheeks and in my knees. I was so embarrassed! I remember jumping up and practically running back to the house and hoping against hope that no one had seen me go splat! I healed with no lasting effects, except to my pride.

I hope those of you in the northern hemisphere are enjoying the cooler days of fall if they have arrived for you. Although our color has not begun to reach what this picture depicts, I’m looking forward to the bright oranges, reds and golds of autumn.

I hope you are all having a wonderful week and I pray that the Lord will keep you all safe and bless you.
Betsy

14 comments:

  1. Those are cute pumpkins. Glad you seem to be turning the corner and feeling better - sure hope that continues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to know you're better. I'm on the hunt for fun and easy fall projects. I'm thinking some bookmarks perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm another one who is forever running into things and getting bruises that are quite impressive. I've also managed to trip on my own feet. Even broken my wrist on one occasion and my collar bone on another.
    I like your Autumn decor. I wonder if you made all the fabric pumpkins. You are so good at various crafts.
    Granny M

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't gotten a fall thing out yet as it still feels pretty tropical here. It's cooled down but that humidity is killing me. All your projects are lovely. My eyes hurt from looking at all that white you are stitching. I can't wait to see what it becomes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have often been asked "Was that trip necessary?" I tend to catch the soles of my rubber bottom shoes on carpet or even on slick floors and almost go sailing. I am very cautious about this as I have had major back surgery with screws in my back and I don't want to cause things to come undone. I've also often responded that "I graduated charm school with high honors". LOL. I am glad you are feeling better finally. Your fall decor is lovely. The buffalo plaid is all the rage this year I've noticed. I have some too. I love that fall picture at the end. We are traveling north this weekend and hope to see some color in the mountains, but it might still be too early. It should at least be cooler than it is here in Florida, so I will be happy with that. Have a blessed and glorious week, no matter what the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh, this respiratory thing has lasted way too long. First it did terrible things to your lovely trip and still a cough after all this time. I know you will be so relieved when it finally exits completely! Let's not talk about people who trip and fall over nothing (me, that's me!). Love all the projects, those socks look so cozy and what a great blanket pattern. Your grands will appreciate the ornament keepsakes forever! I have been gradually adding the black and white check to my fall decorations, too. I will admit 90% of my fall decorations are still on the bed of the guest room. I am guessing the fall decorating fairy is not showing up and I am going to have to do it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I may put out some decorations...or not. I am so glad you are turning the corner with your respiratory infection...some people are saying it takes 4 to 6 weeks to get over....rugged stuff. Have you tried the tan cross stitch material...there used to be one that was beige with flecks of brown and grey in that I really liked to work with. I can see why you need really good light! WE are almost peak color here a couple more days and we will be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your posts, Betsy. I can sure relate to that "Stunt" thing that you posted. I tripped over a curb about a week ago and fell hard on the sidewalk on my left side, where I've had both a knee and hip replaced. Luckily no damage done, at least that I can see or feel. Thank you God. Colors are ramping up here in our trees...won't be long before we're at peak. we have some 70 degree weather coming by next week, but that's all the warmer it will get here. Glad you're feeling better. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are feeling a bit better! Rough to still have the cough! The pretty pops of elegant Fall decorations are beautiful! Such a sweet baby blanket-glad you enjoy the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very few trees or shrubs turn orange or red here. The common “color” is gold/yellow. It’s great that you’re getting a head start on Christmas gifts and ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Betsy !! I'm glad it's a bit cooler where you live. We've had less rain today than last few days. No rain on Saturday. I'm glad you're feeling better and pray that it continues to heal including the rest of your family. I like the ornaments you put out and nice pictures below the TV. I'm almost done going thru pictures I took at friend's wedding. 8 inches more to finish the back of my sweater. Blessings and hugs, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Betsy! I like your little hall table and the post about the lamp you like to turn on in the evening. Little areas like that make a home a home. Your ornaments are a fun idea. My goodness having most of the Christmas shopping and making finished is very efficient. As our kids grew up, each child got an ornament every year. Sometimes they were gifts and other times we picked them out together. I kept a list with dates and then sent them with them when they established their own homes. I knew they were really and truly grown up when those ornaments went out the door.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm late to the party. πŸ˜‚ We're still having our usual upper-80s into 90s. Sometimes we don't cool off until November. Which is fine by me (and Jerry), but everyone else in our family says noooooo! Ah, well.// Your decor is very Autumn all over! And guess what I like ... that little llama on the table! He's cuuuuute! πŸ’• // Stuff still going on here medically. Me, Jerry, son John ... it's a never-ending battle. // How is Dennis' hand/fingers now? Has all movement returned? Pain gone? Keeping that in our prayers! // I do all my own stunts, too ... I need to sell tickets. πŸ€ͺ πŸ™ƒ Love and blessings to you, my friend! πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your decorations for Fall..so pretty. I can't believe you are all still feeling the affects of that illness. Do you think it was RSV? It sounds terrible and lasting so long. I hope you all get rid of it soon! Those socks are so pretty and the baby blanket is precious. It is very difficult to stitch white on white.
    I have yet to start the Christmas ornaments but I do have all but 2 Advent gifts ready for Amy. I'll have to ask her about the boys and Tracy.
    That was cute about doing your own stunts....I do mine too! LOL!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete