Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Tour Time

Good morning! I’m going to try this again. I had written this entire post last night and when I hit publish, blogger must have glitched, and it deleted the entire thing! Are you ready for a very photo laden post? I think there are over 20 photos here and I’m sorry in advance for that, but I couldn’t figure out which ones to leave out. For those of you eagle eyed people in my last post, yes!!  We were able to figure out a way to bring the china cabinet! Guess who measured wrong? Well, it was me of course. I left off a whole 12 inches of the wall when I measured the first time. Duh! I’m so happy we were able to bring it along. Sit down, grab your beverage of choice, and here we go!

The door on the right in this photo is the front door. To the right of it is the laundry room that I forgot to take a photo of. I really like the dining room light fixture.

The kitchen with its granite countertops, and island. I have missed the island in our house in Spokane, so it’s nice to have this again. We’ve moved a few of the pictures around and they are now hanging on the wall instead of leaning as they are in this photo. 😍 The jury is still out on those glass fronted cabinets. I don’t like how you can see inside of them. It’s really the only cabinet I have for our every day dishes, so I’m a bit stumped as to what to do there.

This is the wall that you see to your left as you walk in the front door, and the guest bathroom is to the right of the wall.

The guest bathroom.  Not a lot to see here. It’s a bathroom.

As you can see Piper’s toothbrush is waiting for her first overnight at Papa and Grandmas’s new house.

The guest bedroom. All of the bedrooms are very large here. We had just given away the headboard and nightstands a few weeks ago, thinking that we would be in the apartment for the duration. We are watching Facebook marketplace for replacements.

Another view of the guest room with its big closet. That’s my teddy bear you see there on the dresser that’s missing his eye.

And yet another view.

The living room with the balcony. You can see that Zoey enjoys laying in the beams of sunlight. She has made herself right at home here.

We love the fireplace. It will be great for chilly winter evenings.

The buildings have the balconies staggered so you’re not directly overlooking another persons balcony. Plus we have this tree right outside ours. I like to listen to the birds singing in the morning. Mandy bought me the basket of pansies for Mother’s Day in my favorite color, lavender.

Looking across from the living room into the kitchen and dining area and you can just barely see the front door on the far right. All three rooms are open which will make it nice for having people over. We did need to buy a new rug for the living room and we found this one at Lowe’s. We both really like it.

The office/yarn room. This is the only room that still has a few things left to unpack. That’s OK. We’ll get to them eventually. Dennis has his big desk set up again which is really nice. He can have his double monitors to work with again. Since there really wasn’t room for my little desk, I’m going to use the end of his where you see my small chair.

My sewing machine has its own spot and the magnet board that Dennis made for me gets to hang up again. We didn’t have a place for it in the apartment. Most of you know that we collect magnets when we travel because they don’t take up much suitcase space and we can have them out where we can see them and be reminded of our travels. The refrigerator ran out of room for them, so he made me this board. It’s perfect!

The yarn wall. I actually unpacked this before anything else because the bags were in the way of people carrying boxes and furniture. In the space between the cubbies are some of my treasures. The picture on the far right with the deer is the very first thing I ever hand stitched. I made this for my mom when I was 15. To the left is a picture of a window and above it to the right is a picture of an embroidery scene. I made both of those for Dennis’s Mom when I was about 17. The beautiful round crochet artwork was made by my blog friend Amanda in Alicante, Spain.

The door straight ahead in this picture leads to the attached garage. From the garage is a man door with a wheelchair ramp into the main building hallway. There is an elevator in the building. This is truly a place we can grow old in. With the wheelchair ramp and the elevator, we wouldn’t have to use the stairs that go directly to the condo from the garage. 
The door on the left is a huge closet. All of the closets in this condo are very big. We don’t lack storage space at all.

Standing in the same spot, but turning to the left is our bedroom. We have a shelving unit with family pictures on this wall.

Just inside the bedroom door is this huge closet. The shelves are about 6 foot long and hold bathroom supplies, extra towels and linens, and on the bottom there’s even some freeze dried food.

This is the master bathroom. Both bathrooms were done by re-bath last November. The paintings that you see on the wall were done by another blog friend Cindy in Florida. She had hurt her right hand and was trying to see if she could paint with her left. I think these are beautiful paintings and the bubbles are perfect for a bathroom.

The shower is amazing, almost like being in a spa.

Looking from the bathroom into our bedroom.

Someday, I’ll tell you the story about the painting above our bed. It was painted in France by our friend Fabrice Pucheu. It’s too long to go into on this already long post. 
I’m watching Facebook marketplace for a little table to go between the two chairs. Just something big enough to set a coffee or tea cup on would be perfect.

We brought the fan up from the garage because we were having trouble figuring out the ceiling fan when we first moved in. Each of the bedrooms and the living room has a ceiling fan that is run by remote. We ended up having to reprogram the remotes. Thank goodness for Google and YouTube!

The master bedroom closet is huge. About 6 x 12’. Those are all of Dennis’s shirts on the left a few T-shirts of mine on the very end. On the top shelf is a pillow I used after one of my surgeries and on the bottom is a shoe rack with our winter boots, rain boots, hiking boots, and ice grippers for winter time. Two of Dennis’s three hats, and my sun hat are on the shelving unit.

Those are all of my dresses hanging up and Dennis’s dress slacks, and suit. On the shelves, we have a backpack, a bin with my three purses and a bag with our swimsuits and towels. The top shelf holds a box of clothes that I would love to be able to fit into again someday. 🀣 Other than a couple of pairs of jeans in a drawer that Dennis has and our underthings, this is the full extent of our clothes! We have truly learned over the past couple of years and lots of moves that you don’t need lots and lots of clothing. Now yarn? Of course you need lots and lots of yarn!🀣

Dennis made this necklace holder for me shortly after we were married. It works great and it’s hung in everyone of our homes since then.

I hope you enjoyed this little tour of our new home. I think we are going to be very happy here. Everyone seems very, very nice. I have been going back to our apartment both weeks we’ve been gone and joining in on crocheting mats for the homeless, and for the church service on Thursday afternoons. I can continue doing that as long as I want. We’re hoping against hope that the apartment will rent soon, but of course, there isn’t much incentive for them to rent ours when we’re paying rent anyway for the next five months and they have several empty units already. We’ve offered to pay the first month rent if anybody there has a friend that’s interested in moving in.

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday. Dennis is down puttering in his garage which he has missed doing very much. We’re planning to walk over to Lowe’s in a little while. He wants to look at some things for the garage and I would like to look at some standing planters to put on the balcony that I could plant some flowers in. I’ll be back soon. Take care!

Blessings and love,
Betsy 


28 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! So much room. I'd kill for those closets. Your stash room makes me happy. I'd love to put it all out there in the open like that. Just walking in there would be an instant mood lifter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your apartment looks very comfy and the balcony is just perfect. Giroux and I would be out there all day long.

    For the glass front cabinet, you could get lace panels or fabric and make pockets to hang them with either tension rods (if you could find small enough). Or tack them in with tiny finishing nails. Lowes and Home Depot also have lacy clings that stick magnetically. They are meant for bathroom windows, but would be easy to trim to fit. I don't think they would be as pretty as real lace or some country fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What Dee said πŸ‘† ... I did this once with a glass-front cabinet door, except that I put the lace on the INSIDE of the door and just tacked it. Looked excellent on the outside! Just an idea. :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you ladies. I was thinking along the lines of fabric gathered on the inside but didn't know if I was being ridiculous. It's good to know that you both think the same way.
      Blessings,
      Betsy

      Delete
  3. Now THAT is a thing of beauty to have your china hutch right where it is! Everything looks so wonderful. Looking at the sun shining on your balcony, does your livingroom face somewhat westerly? I wish ours did. Being on the north side of our apartment building has its plus side during the heat of the summer, but with only two windows on the north side (one each in the bedroom and livingroom), it doesn't provide a lot of sunshine for our liking. When I moved us into this apartment for the handicap accessibility of a wide open floor plan and bathroom for Jerry, we lost nearly all our storage and closet space, so I would looooove huge closets like yours. When you referred to having less clothing (we don't have much ourselves), I laughed... because I would replace the word yarn in your sentence with "craft and art supplies." Haha! Sending you lotsa hugs and blessings, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The windows and balcony are all on the east side of the building. We have the morning sun but not the hot afternoon sun beating down on us.
      Blessings,
      Betsy

      Delete
  4. I'm so excited for you!!!! What a beautiful home and you have a good touch with organizing it! Welcome Home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is veru nice! Congratulation on a good move!

    ReplyDelete
  6. πŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’œ a llama!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful place! I agree with Dee - try covering some or all of the glass panes on your cabinet doors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My friend, I absolutely love your new home! Congratulations to you! I love the openness, the balcony, the kitchen...I love it all. What a wonderful feeling to be all settled in! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the new place. Looks like this could be your last move and that is comforting to know. How great to have garage access from the inside of the home. As for your glass cabinet doors...you could replace the clear glass with textured privacy glass OR they sell frosted spray-on in a can at Lowe's. I used the frosted for front door side light windows, once I saw the mailman staring in at me!!! It is best to take the glass out and spray out side with several light coats. OR if you ever repaint the kitchen, Dennis could put a wood panel in and once all painted...all good to go!!! Addie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your new home is so spacious and lovely πŸ’– You have so much room and already it's all organized. GM

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like a wonderful home! And of course, I admired all the lovely quilts you have!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I certainly did enjoy this tour of your lovely new home! Yes, it is very spacious and you do have wonderful closet space! I love your little balcony too. A perfect place for a morning cup of tea! I am SO glad you were able to keep your china cabinet! It looks perfect there! Regarding your glass front cabinets, the other ladies above have given you some good ideas if you really want to cover them. Or you could rearrange some other cabinets and put your things like coffee/tea mugs in that cabinet and make that area a coffee/tea station, along with your every day dishes. All of my upper cabinets in this kitchen are glass, but they have some painted design on the bottom and top sections of each glass panel so it screens some stuff, and I can also display something in the clear section that I don't mind showing off. At first I didn't like the idea, but it has grown on me, and really we are the only ones who have to live with it. How often do we have company that really care what they can see in your cabinets? Just a thought. I am sure you will figure out a solution that works for you. Meanwhile, just relax and enjoy your lovely home. It really sounds like a wonderful place, even with a garage and an elevator/chair ramp! Wow! That's perfect! I am sure Piper will be excited to come and visit and explore! What fun for all of you! Did you say you could walk to Lowes? Now, that's going to be very handy!! God bless you in your new home. I am very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Betsy, that's quite the wonderful condo you've got there. I love it....it looks like you have plenty of space for everything. I especially love the balcony....I would enjoy sitting out there with a book and my coffee! I'm so glad you guys got this condo....it looks perfect. You sure are fast movers....to get everything moved in and pretty much put away so quickly. Good for you. Enjoy your beautiful new home. God bless you both with many joys here in this place!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Besty, I am glad you got your condo set up with furniture and things on the wall and lots of yarn that you still have. I am glad you took your china cabinet to the condo. I liked looking outdoors on the balcony when we were in Lincoln City in April. I should have taken a photo of the Vivian restaurant and BBQ that was light up in golden lights. It's across from D River. I liked the one we had in apartment we lived in for a year when we moved from NM to OR years ago. Kids like it too. I'm glad Zoey likes the light and living there!! Weather has gotten warm and I finally went on a walk with Phil this evening near 8 PM. It was still quite warm and air quality was better this evening than Tuesday. I am still dealing with seasonal allergies this week that have gotten a bit worse. I was able to find Ricola cough drops at Bimart today as other cough suppressant ones aren't the best. I have had to sleep on recliner 2 nights to sleep better and not wake Phil up. Have a good week to you and Dennis. I am glad he likes the garage. God bless and take care, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved the tour, Betsy! Thanks so much for sharing your new home with us. It's cozy, really does sound perfect, and I'm sure you're thankful to finally be settled! (Oh, and I loved the llama print in the bathroom. So adorable and can't help but make anyone smile!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Betsy, You and Dennis are real pros at moving now:) Your new home looks just lovely and I know you and Dennis will love it more and more every day. Thank you for taking us on your new home tour!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It was so nice to stop by and visit with you tonight. I was so surprised to see that you had moved. Your new place is just beautiful! It sounds like you are enjoying it very much. God bless you and Dennis.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are settling in quickly! What a lovely place. Wishing you and Dennis years of happiness there.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a nice place! That was a fast move, so happy that you are settled again. Hope the wildfire smoke is missing you. Ok here today but they say it will be back soon. I am safely up north with far Guy again for a few days, hope they get done with the smelly stuff soon at our house. Enjoy your new place! Good to hear that your cabinet fit. I believe that you could buy some frosted contact paper and put it up on the inside of the windows…or just buy some pretty paper and put it on the inside of the glass, you could change paper with the seasons!! Connie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Betsy, I don't know how you do it! You've got to be the most patient person ever! Another move and you're already settled in and have things looking so neat and pretty. Your new home is beautiful. Thank you for stopping by. I've got to read your back post and catch up. Love, Henny

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice! :-) Love the closet space--and glad your china cabinet fit!

    Regarding the glass doors on the kitchen cabinets, they make (or still did a few years ago) a product called Gallery Glass. It comes in colours and clear. The clear can be used to create a frosted glass look. Completely reversible. Check craft stores and online. It was made by Plaid--have not used it for about a decade, and have not paid much attention to it. So many companies and product lines have nerged or been sold. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    Another option is a plastic/paper that adheres to glass--the ones I have seen use water, so it's completely reversible. Sold by the roll in a lot of different designs. I've only seen it online but might be available at craft or big box home stores.

    Just some ideas to begin your exploration. :-)

    ...Taja 🏜️

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am in awe of your yarn wall. It is beautiful. You have such a lovely space. Kitchen islands are so important, glad you got one.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's lovely, Betsy. I think my favorite spots are the balcony and the wall of yarn. :) Wishing you many joyful years here.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thoroughly enjoyed the tour Betsy. There is so much to see I will have to go back in again to appreciate it all. As it is thank you for the mention and I am thrilled that you put my mandala gift back up on your Yarn wall. You and Dennis must have worked so hard these last few days to be able to get everything in place. It looks to be quite a spacious condo and very cosy. By the way I love the bubbles pictures! Keep well. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Betsy, what a beautiful home you have! I have to go back and read your past posts as I didn't know you were moving. I have been terrible keeping up with everyone's posts. It look like you will be very happy there. I'm so glad for you!

    ReplyDelete