Saturday, May 13, 2023

Moved…well almost

Happy Saturday morning to you all. Well, we have almost everything moved to the new condo. Dennis is on his way right now to the storage unit to get the last load from there and then everything will be done. We cleaned the apartment on Thursday and are hoping against hope that they can get it re-rented. We’re pretty sure that won’t happen though and we will be paying rent for another five months until our lease is up. There are so many empty units because they raised the rent so much this year, that I can’t imagine they would try to rent ours with guaranteed rent before the empty ones.

It has been an exhausting week, and although I have been reading your blogs, I haven’t even had the energy to comment. We work from early morning until about 7:00 at night when we both collapse into our chairs. It doesn’t help that it’s been very warm and humid this whole week. Last night there were tornado warnings all around us, but we didn’t have anything serious here. Just a nice rain during the night.

This was how the kitchen and dining area looked earlier in the week. The boxes, tubs and books that you see are all gone now. Every single box has been unpacked. There are only two garbage bags of bedding in the guest room that are waiting to be put on the bed. Right now we have pictures laid out on the bed while we’re trying to decide where to hang them. The kitchen counters are all cleaned off and I’ve actually cooked a few meals here! It’s amazing the difference a couple of days makes.

We did have to buy a new rug for the living room. I really like it. We have it laid out, trying to get the ripples to flatten out. it isn’t quite as dark as it looks on the right part of this photo. It’s more of the color of the left side.

Don’t let this relatively serene side of the room fool you…

The other side still has photos on the couch and a bag of the couch pillows. But you can see that the kitchen is looking much, much better.

I did find time to finish another shawl for the hospital. In the evenings, when we finally collapsed into our chairs, I would crochet a few rows. It took me almost a week and a half to make this shawl when I can usually finish one in a day or two! The energy just wasn’t there.

We are both ecstatic that this is hopefully our last move ever. We wanted to get the apartment cleaned quickly on the off chance that it would rent and we also wanted to get our storage unit cleaned out so we wouldn’t have to pay rent there anymore. It went from $111 per month when we rented it last October, to $151 now. Everything costs so much more.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and have good things planned. We will be working around here, hanging pictures, and moving where we have put things. Dennis has been a workhorse. He has loaded our truck so many times I have lost count. Up and down the stairs at the apartment and then up and down the stairs here at the condo. We’ve had help from other people on one or two days, but he has done the majority of the moving himself. I packed the boxes and then unpacked them once they’ve arrived here, but he has done the heavy lifting. My back has been protesting the last several days with spasms so bad that I’ve had to stop and rest for a while. 

So far the people we have met here have been wonderful. The complex seems to be mainly people right around our age with a few younger families. After last nights tornado warnings all around us, one of our first priorities will be finding out where the tornado shelter is. I was a little concerned about that last night.

The Lord has certainly been very good to us over the past few years with all of these moves. I sincerely hope this is where we are to stay. Take care everyone and I’ll be back soon.

Blessings and hugs,
Betsy 

22 comments:

  1. I thought of you when I saw the tornado warnings on The Weather Channel. The Mister in his boredom watches it pretty much all day. Just reading about your move is making me tired. I can't even imagine. Just keeping this place clean is doing me in everyday anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you many years of happiness in your new place.

    You beat us for number of moves in a short period of time. LOL I hope never to have to move again. But, we shall see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new home is lovely! You both really went above and beyond to get there! Your Forever Home! I bet you can't wait to sit back and enjoy it. I wish you lived around here. Apartments rents have doubled, but there are still lines of applicants for every opening. People would have spotted boxes being carried to a truck and hurried to sign a lease. I can't believe what houses are selling for, too. It is crazy and I just see the market dropping and all these young people losing their homes.
    It will be so wonderful to have everything in one place and make it just the way you want it. And we can read more blogs! I can't believe you had the energy to crochet at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to hear that you and Dennis are getting settled. I hope the vacant apartment will be rented soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soon you will be able to settle in and let go of the moving around trend lately! lol
    your home is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you made it safely while moving again, my friends. Nice condo you have. I'm praying someone will be able to re-rent your apartment 🙏 so you don't have to keep paying for 5 months. Most rents have gone up. Our car insurance has gone up $40 due to inflation (it covers both our cars. ) It's hot here now 90 degrees today and hot next week. I hope to get strawberries in the ground soon even though they might stay in a rectangular pot. I just planted them last Saturday. Take care and relax to have your back feel better 🙏. Hugs and blessings, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new place! Enjoy every minute there. I like that shawl, too. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love seeing your new place! Enjoy every minute in it. Nice work on the shawl, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are settling in. Sure hope you can rent out your apartment. Looks like you found a spot for the china hutch! Nice Kitchen, you will enjoy cooking there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all that shawl is gorgeous.
    I'm delighted that you can finally move into your condo, but my, my, my the two of you have had so many moves in the last few years. You could put out a shingle and advertise yourselves as professional movers. A little sideline business, LOL.
    Wishing you a wonderful Mother's Day 💐

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopefully life will soon be less hectic for the both of you. Have a Happy Mother's Day tomorrow. Maybe get some much-needed rest. Granny Marigold

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do I see your china cabinet in the dining room after all? I thought you said it wouldn't fit in the new place, but that sure looks like it, and it looks very nice! I know you will appreciate being able to keep it. I can imagine how tired you must be with all of the moving and steps, etc., I totally understand, and pray we never have to move again, but if we do, I may just be tempted to leave all the "stuff" behind and start over fresh! LOL. (Everyone who knows me knows that would never happen, but I can talk a good leave it all behind dream). I love your new rug, and the shawl...how did you have time to do any of the above? Amazing. I am glad you are meeting nice new people there and that you will be very happy in your new home. I hope you take some time for yourself tomorrow to just relax and enjoy Mother's Day! God bless you both, and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, my friend! Your new place is beautiful! I love your kitchen! You are a hard worker, my friend. I am like you. I like to get things done, and then relax. I love the rug you chose! I hope you are settled in and have a cozy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome Home! I'm glad things went well.
    I love the new rug - that's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on the move, hope life settles down a bit for you now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Earthly moves are a drain on body and pennies, but Jehovah Jireh, the LORD will provide. "He faileth not." Zeph 3:5 every shortfall is met with His suply praise His name for His provision. Praying re five months... maybe there is s visiting family or somewhere a missionary on furlough or such who needs a place for respite... not sure what restrictions are there.
    God would know.. 🙏 some need maybe filled.
    Things happen for God's reasons when we pray for His will.

    Praying though not commenting or blogging. Health as usual but allowed of God. Commented re move in Becky's post as saw your comment just sfter you offered before settlement so saw there.. and replied
    Lord's blessing sis, praise God for Dennis. Praying His keeping on you both, backs and all.
    Thanks for sharing, and may God bless you and keep you and all whom you love safe and well.
    Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz.X

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad all is going smoothly and best wishes for a FINAL home!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can load/unload a box in nothing flat, but I hate the actual moving. Ugh. I hope you'll be done figuring out what/where soon and then be resting for a while to make up for it all. We've had a little light rain today, but it sure doesn't make up for the drought. We have on and off chances through the week, so we'll see what happens. We haven't done anything all weekend... well, except for me going to church Saturday. That's the day I choose to go... it's the extra worship day because our church has so many people, and isn't crowded, so that suits me with my anxieties. I looked back at your photos because I thought I saw something and... hey, wait, is that your china hutch back there?? Did you get to bring it? I hope so! Sending you lots of love and prayers as you settle in. Hugs, my friend! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  19. Shoot! Forgot something! P. S. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!! 💐 🩷

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so glad to hear that your moving is going so well. I'm sure you're both so very tired but getting a lot accomplished. Can't wait to see it when you are all moved in. Praying that this will indeed be your last move. It looks like it's going to be the perfect home for you.

    ReplyDelete