Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Settling In

We’ve been busy settling in over the last couple of weeks. We really love our condo and all of the neighbors we have met have been great. I still need to find out about activities. Dennis was out walking Zoey last night, and one of the neighbors told him that he thought there were knitting and crochet groups, but he didn’t know when. I need to investigate how I find out more information about that. The aerobics classes in the pool should be starting soon too. That sounds pretty interesting.

I’m going through my worsted weight scraps and trying to find colors that will go together for shawls. I have two different scrap bins and I’m trying to use up as many as possible. Here is the blue stripe shawl

And here is a green stripe.

Right now I’m working on a multicolored shawl. It has every color you could imagine in it and I’m using up all of my little tiny scrap balls. It’s not exactly to my taste, but I know someone will love it. It’s almost done so I’ll have it next time to show you.

Last weekend Brad needed to take his plane down to Beatrice, NE to have some work done on it. What is normally a 2 1/2 hour drive only took them about a half an hour in the plane. Piper went with him and was able to fly part of the way. He said she did very well at keeping the plane level. She’s a natural! This past weekend, they flew down with another friend to pick the plane up after the repair. Then Piper and Brad flew back home to Omaha, again, with her flying part of the way. She’ll probably have her pilots license before she has her drivers license! Look how pleased she is with herself. When she was first born, Brad  bought her her first pink pilot headset and a pink pilot logbook. 💜 Brad is a certified flight instructor so why not get free flying lessons from your Daddy?

Have any of you seen a pattern like this? I would love to make one of these for Piper, but I haven’t been able to find a pattern anywhere. It has slits up the side and I think the back is very similar to the front. If I could find a small enough pattern, I would also like to make one for Baby J.

We’ve had gorgeous weather this week. No air conditioning at all. We sit on the balcony most afternoons and evenings. Zoey loves it and so do we. I particularly love to listen to our little fountain but it has developed a leak. We’ve had it since Brad gave it to us when they lived in Portland. It’s survived several moves and I would like to be able to repair it, but we can’t find the actual leak. We don’t want to have the water dripping onto the patio of the people below us, so I think it’s time to say goodbye to it.

Here are the flowers Mandy, Brad and Piper gave me for Mother’s Day. My favorite color!

This is the view from our Balcony. The roof on the bottom is our garage. We’re on the second floor. You can see the garden patch that is pretty popular. There are limited spots. So many people want a spot that you have to put your name in a lottery to get a space. The sidewalk winds around to the community building and pool.

Take care and enjoy the lovely weather that it seems most are experiencing right now.

Blessings and love,
Betsy

18 comments:

  1. AMO TUS CHALES BETSY, SON TAN LINDOS Y COLORIDOS, SI QUE ERES RAPIDA PARA TEJER, ERES MUY CREATIVA, ESE TEJIDO CON BUSCAS DEBE SER FACIL DE TEJER, SEGURAMENTE QUE TU SACARAS EL MODELO, INTENTALO. BENDICIONES¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE YOUR SHAWLS BETSY, THEY ARE SO CUTE AND COLORFUL, YOU ARE SO FAST TO KNIT, YOU ARE VERY CREATIVE, THAT FABRIC YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MUST BE EASY TO KNIT, SURELY YOU WILL GET THE PATTERN, TRY IT. BLESSINGS¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

      Delete
  2. I love your shawls, just what you need for cool days. Goodness, she's so young to be flying a plane, that is awesome. She's a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work on the shawls! Someone will certainly be cheered up when gifted one! Always refreshing to see Piper! (my dil sent me that pic a few years ago and wanted me to knit it for her girls....I will look through my patterns and see if I ever found one!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That shawl would be adorable! I love the simplicity of it. Could you possibly adapt something from this pattern? https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/e-motion-poncho

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those shawl colors really POP! I love them both, but especially the green. // There have been so many kids Piper's age who've learned to fly that I have no doubt she'll be doing it herself very soon. // Those petunias are gorgeous! I don't know how big your balcony is, but you can use buckets or planters and have your own tiny veggie garden right there at your balcony doors. Lots of folks do that when they don't have access to a garden area. Hugs and blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice shawls you made. Piper is an adorable granddaughter for you and Dennis. Why not learn to fly a plane when your dad is a pilot instructor. I wish Phil was still flying planes. He decided to quit flying due to us being married. I told him it would be good him. I like to fly in airplanes as well. I need to figure out the yarns to match in the sweater in put up on my blog I have the yarns that I need. Hope you find good things to do in your condo area. I do.have a Dr appointment for tomorrow and I do have rx to.use when Phil gets home tomorrow. It will help.my cough to go away due to mucus in my left lung. God bless and be safe 🙏 ❤️ Becky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi - the pattern is called Ramble Poncho Light and is available via Ravelry for US$6.00
    Happy knitting! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your shawls. I just started one for a wedding gift for someone getting married in October. I like the fact that your pattern can use up scrap yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's not all the same, but found this crochet pattern for free. https://yourcrochet.com/childrens-poncho-free-crochet-patterns/

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely place that you have landed in once again! The shawls are so pretty. I am always in awe of how much you get done. If I get a few Audun block done a month I feel lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here's the pattern: I did a reverse image search in google
    https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ramble-poncho-light
    It's also available for sale on Etsy, if you prefer that:
    https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/1184851938/knitting-pattern-ramble-poncho-light-all?gpla=1&gao=1&

    ReplyDelete
  12. Also, Piper is so lucky! Learning to fly? How cool is that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Piper will be flying solo before you know it. Pretty shawls. The hooded cape is darling. I hope you can find a pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have you searched on Ravelry for a child's poncho maybe? It is really cute! I love your shawls. You put some beautiful color combos together! Your condo sounds so nice with gardens and your patio and swimming pool and groups to join! What fun!
    I can't believe Piper is flying! How wonderful is that?!?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the shawls you made....so colorful! Also love the view from your patio. too bad about the fountain....would be nice if you could fix it! Wow...Piper is flying! Good for her. Love your posts....so glad you're loving your new condo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is on etsy! https://www.etsy.com/listing/1184851938/knitting-pattern-ramble-poncho-light-all
    That is a real pretty pot of petunias! Piper will be a great pilot her Dad will see to that!

    ReplyDelete
  17. check out offthehookforyou.co.uk for a similar poncho pattern that you may be able to adapt

    ReplyDelete