Monday, August 17, 2020

Moving Day!

It’s moving day! We’re moving today from the lake to the RV park. Dennis has today and tomorrow off for vacation. He has been busy taking the extra stabilizers out from under the trailer and I’ve been doing laundry. We have a friend who is going to move the trailer for us this afternoon. Our truck is not quite big enough to pull this big trailer. If we decide to hit the road someday, we’ll have to get another truck.  Since Dennis loves his truck and it’s been paid for for years that will be a hard step to take. We do not like owing people money.

I thought I would share a few photos that I took just a few minutes ago. The outside is a true mess. Since Dennis is taking all of the stabilizer jacks down, now the trailer moves me back-and-forth whenever we walk. It’s normally so steady it’s almost like walking around in a house.

The inside is a mess too! We can’t leave anything on counters or heavy things hanging on walls as we go down the road, so I have lots of things packed in a couple of bins. Plus, our bed is covered with things too.

The geraniums are looking beautiful. I’m going to take all the flowers in the back of my car and hopefully they won’t be damaged too much in transit.

Isn’t this gorgeous? I’m sorry about the shadow but it is so sunny today I had to stand in front of the pot just to be able to get the blooms to show up.

Geraniums by the side of the bank are also doing very well. Everything else is so dry and we’re having fires everywhere around us. We water this every day and just look at the bank anyway. It would go up in flames with just a small spark.

The blocks are ones Dennis had extra jacks on under the trailer to stabilize it. We will take those with us to the new park. The small rocks are chunks of granite that I collected the first year we were here. I had those arranged around the front of the hitch with river rock inside the circle and flower pots around the hitch itself. It made the front look much nicer.  Our spot is already spoken for and we are leaving two piles of rock like this for the new lady to put around her hitch. She said she wants to do the same thing.  Her trailer will be in our place tonight!  With the view that we have it is a very in demand spot!
Our view. One last look.  The new place will be absolutely nothing like this. The trailers are in a row right next to each other with no view at all. But, it’s much closer to town for Dennis to drive in the winter and the amenities are nice. There is an indoor pool and a dog park and the people we’ve met seem very nice.

Chloe has no clue what’s happening. She has been following us around on our heels all morning as we get things ready. This was her a few minutes ago. She’s exhausted.

I know people move trailers all of the time and it’s not a big deal. However, we’ve been in this spot for nine years! This trailer has only been here for one year, but we have a lot of things that we have to put away. And when you are permanently in a spot, you leave a lot more things sitting out on your counters and more decorative objects around too. Once we get into the new place we will probably be there at least until the beginning of 2022.

 Oh, did I mention that it is supposed to be 104°F here today? Of course we are moving on the hottest day of the year. It’s already 86° in the trailer and it’s 10:45 AM. Fun times ahead!

This is a bit short but I have to get moving. Jeremy will be here in two hours and I still have one more load of laundry to finish and some more things to pack up. Take care everyone and be safe.

Blessings,
Betsy



25 comments:

  1. Good luck with your move, I hope it all goes well. It sounds like a nice place and I'm sure you will settle in nicely. Moving is hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting!! I feel like I'm moving by proxy with you lol! We're praying that you guys will love your new area just as much as you did this one. Moving is time-consuming and can be tiring, but I know you will get through it knowing a whole new adventure awaits! Just wait til Chloe has new smells to sniff! Blessings and prayers for a safe move to your new home area! P. S. I'm going to hold off mailing what I have to mail to you for a bit (haha!) because of you-know-what's going on here with us and want to be sure all is safe. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Chloe and soon it will be time to move her bed! Another upheaval but you'll be in your new spot very soon. Your trailer is really something so I am sure you will have all the amenities you need. Just think about all the new friends you will have and a very cosy Christmas. I am pretty sure you are going to miss those wonderful views of the lake though. . 2022 isn't so very far away either!! Take care Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you all the best for the move. I know you’ve been very happy at the lake but at least you can get yourselves sorted in your new place and then have time to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exciting but also stressful I think. I hope it won't be long and you'll be settled in. I really enjoyed a peek into your lovely trailer. Especially like that kitchen island.

    Here's hoping all goes well.... well, with the time difference it will all be done by now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a good move, despite the heat. At least it's not raining!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending good vibes for an easy set up. Just think how much less housework you will have now that you are not in a big house. And, we'll be there to cheer you through the winter.

    Hugs from way over here on the east coast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the move!! I know when my parents had to move their trailer it was always a big deal. There is a lot involved. They had to move it every year off of the water for the winter and then move it back in the spring. I don't know how they did it all by themselves but they did.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope the move went smoothly today and that by now you’re set up in your new RV space. You’ve made a lot of changes in the last three months. It will be nice when you’re settled again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope the move happened safely and Chloe got a nice walk and some treats...it will be a change for her too. I hope you meet some really nice people:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Betsy, we were gone this afternoon and I was not able to post a blog nor comment on anything. It's nine-12 pm and I'm just getting to read about your day. Dang, sorry the move happened on such a hot day. But I am sure that you're now all settled in and resting up. I hope you settle in quickly and make new friends. I am sending you and Dennis our best wishes for this new chapter in your lives. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's tuesday morning now Betsy, so I am hoping that your move went smoothly and that you and Dennis are settling in to your new spot. I know you will miss the lake, but your new RV park seems better suited to year-round living and nice that it is closer to Dennis' work place. Can't wait to see pictures of your new set up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Betsy, thank you for sharing your moving adventure. I am so glad you are able to take your pretty flowers with you...along with many good memories of your years at the lake! May the Lord guide and bless you as you get settled in your new location. I look forward to hearing how you settle. Love, hugs and prayers :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's going to be messy for a while but it will be so nice to spread out the familiar things in the new spot and make it seem like home. Love on Chloe-you could both benefit from the hug! Can't wait for the settled in pics! God be with you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your life as a Queen hasn't been as Simple as it is most of the time, has it? ha ha.... BUT --after TWO moves, maybe you can relax and enjoy the next several months... I do have a question.. When you move back to the lake, will you get the same wonderful site with the lake view?

    I know you are moving to a more convenient place (especially in winter) --so that is good... AND--in a few years, you'll hit the road again to be near the family... Blessings to you both.

    Glad your health has held up good during all of this moving... Sounds like you have done really good!!!!!!

    Poor Chloe... She's got to be confused for sure!!!!!

    May God Bless You!!!
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Betsy,
    I am so glad that you have some of your old surrounding to go to the new place. God's blessings in settling in to you new surrounding. Enjoy tge adventure.
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you are all settled now and have a chance to rest. So glad you took your lovely flowers with you. Even though your new place might not have a lovely view, sometimes it is better to have nice people around you instead of a great view with not so nice people around you. :) Wishing you a day filled with many blessings sweet friend. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! That view would be hard to leave. Hope the move went smoothly and you can get settled into the new place quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is a beautiful day here and I am sending you strength as this is a big change. I know your faith will help you, but it is a anxiety driven time and that's understanding!!!!!!! Stay healthy .

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dearest Betsy. You amaze me, blogging and uploading as you move.. same day.. lots to do. Yes will miss that view with you, but less km or miles for Dennis matters.. plus you're closer to moving to family too! Trust God watches over you each step of the way.
    Thanks for sharing, and may God bless and keep you and all whom you love safe and well.
    Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz. X

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear sweet Betsy, you have so much on your plate! I pray that the move has gone well for you, and that you are settled in now! The heat is just crazy right now, but some relief coming this weekend! Many blessings to you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, Betsy! It just breaks my heart to know you had to leave that beautiful spot. So many changes you are having to walk through, and that is never easy. I trust you are adusting to your new environment. One good thing is that at least indoors on the inside of your beautiful home, everything will be the same. That is one of the best parts of living in an RV, I suppose. No matter where you go, everything is right there with you and stays the same. May the Lord bless you in your new park and bring many meaningful relationships into your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Betsy. Hope your move went well and you are getting settled in. Bet you both are tired. You've said goodby to your house and now that beautiful spot. You have sure been through a lot lately. Wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hope all went well with your move. I like where you lived and I'm sure they are good memories. We've been in one house 30 years. Your plants are pretty. A couple of mine bloomed lately. Take care. Prayers and hugs!!..Becky

    ReplyDelete
  25. You have been in my thoughts and prayers dear friend as you start your new adventures though life. Hope the move went well and you have settled into your new spot. Take care and speak soon.

    ReplyDelete