Friday, April 3, 2020

Good Morning!

Well, we’ve all made it through another week. How are you all holding up.? I saw this online the other day and I thought it might help some of us, myself included.


Connie from “Far side of Fifty” over on my side bar, sent me this lovely card she made. Thank you so much Connie.  It was so sweet of you to think of me and purple is my favorite color.

Terra from the “Terra Gardens” blog sent me this beautiful card with the colorful bird houses on it. Thank you so much Terra.
A friend from church also makes cards and she sent Dennis and I this one. All three ladies wrote the most lovely notes inside. It made my day to find these in the mailbox this week.

I finished another pair of socks last night. These were made with Dee’s “Dublin Bay Socks” pattern.

I love the lattice pattern at both sides of the socks.  I usedKnit Picks Stroll Tweed in the “Flagstone Heather” colorway.  I’m not sure who the recipient and the socks will be. They fit me perfectly!
I know that the socks I make for my family get worn and worn a lot! Alex left these in London last week for Tara. She sent me this picture and said she wears them all the time since she’s been in quarantine. That makes this Mama‘s heart very happy!

A reminder for myself and all of you.

Last night the governor here in the state of Washington just announced an additional 30 day lock down to extend through May 4. This continues to allow only travel to essential jobs, for medical appointments, and to buy groceries. I know that many are flouting the rules, but they tell us that our curve is being flattened here in Washington state because the majority of people are following this new way of life. 

This definitely was not something we wanted to hear. There will be no going to the lake for a while now.  Normally by mid April we are opening up the trailer and getting ready for our season at the lake. Although we would be isolated in the trailer, it still takes travel to get to and from there. I don’t think it would be looked upon as essential.  I know in light of what a lot of people are going through it sounds very frivolous to even think of it, but you have to have something to look forward to in these days don’t you? 

I’m thinking of you all and praying for each of you every day. I hope you have a peaceful weekend, doing some of the things that you love best, with the people that you care about, while staying home and safe. 

Blessings, 
Betsy

20 comments:

  1. I am glad you like my card, I think the birdhouses look very cheerful. You are blessed to even get hand made cards in the mail, always a treat to be thought of. The mindset shift words are brilliant, and so are the socks you make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cards are lovely! It does make you feel good to know people are wearing our socks. The Mister has a pair on right now which is not usual for him. It has been so cold here. It's bright and sunny but that wind is terrible. The house is so drafty that it feels worse than it did in January. And with all that wind we can't even make a fire to warm things up.
    I love that chart. I need to hang it on the fridge. I have to admit I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by it all today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful post! Wouldn’t it be great to see the birds flying to and from the bird houses? Governor Gordon has a news conference today at 3 PM, so I wonder what is ahead. Personally, I’m planning to stay put until June.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice wowrds of wisdom you have posted Betsy. Love the socks you made (both the new ones and the ones on Tara's feet!).

    Sorry you won't be opening up your trailer as usual. Fletch and I had planned a camping trip for the end of April/beginning of May and that is now cancelled. Our Stay at Home order is until the end of April (for now). I imagine when we do go back to work it will be CRAZY!! Mid-May is the time we do budgets for the upcoming fiscl year. Yikes! hope you can have a pleasant weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. FYI checked Ravelry for the sock pattern and it is not available:( I liked the colorway you used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I don't think it is on Ravelry. I got the pattern from my friend Dee.
      Blessings,
      Betsy

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the sock finish. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The socks you knit are so cozy-looking. The perfect sicks to wear when the floor is cold!
    Too bad you won't be able to go camping as early as usual. I hope there will be time after the stringent measures to go out and enjoy camping.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you enjoyed the card! I think lots of people opened their lake homes early this year as I saw lots of out of state license plates in town last Thursday. Your socks are lovely...I would surely mess up a pattern like that!
    Stay safe! We are worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Socks are perfect for a pandemic. We are managing infection control by leaving shows at the door so it is nice to have cosy socks to wear around the house. If one is unlucky enough to fall ill then socks are an essential comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bravo on the lovely sock finish. Since they fit you, enjoy wearing them, dear Betsy! Lately I have been daily reciting the verse that says to think about whatever is true, and just and lovely and of any virtue or praise or good report. And I have pondered what it means to bring every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ 2Cor. 10:5....Wow...a challenge! Happy weekend, Betsy and Dennis 🤗🤗

    ReplyDelete
  11. The socks look amazing, so comfortable and warm made with love. Lovely cards and so nice to be thought of in these difficult times. It must be hard for you not to be able to make plans for the lake but better to be safe than sorry. Take care dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great mindset change, dearest Betsy, love that very much!
    It’s all in our attitude isn’t it, whether we have an inward look and only think of ourselves or whether we think of others and be caring?!??
    ... and kind you’ve certainly that sort of heart and so do your friends, lovely cars, and great socks too, methinks your tootsies need them! Loved seeing Tara wearing Alex’s too. We are very blessed in our families.
    Thank you so very much for popping over to Wonderful Words of lIfe blog and leaving such a pogoing comment, I will definitely pray for your nursing home near you, that the LORD would keep all residents safe and well.
    Thanks for being a blessing, and may God bless you too, especially in these troubled times, may we look up in faith! Praying you’re all kept well too!
    Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x 😊#23

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this pair of socks is gorgeous and you should keep them for yourself! It's great that your family appreciates and wears them a lot. We're experimenting with ordering a pizza today from our local pub and they deliver! Hand-tossed crust. I hope it's good. We actually ordered a pizza oven/outdoor fireplace unit that we're looking forward to trying. I can see having a pizza party when we can finally have people over. I'll make homemade crusts and each person can put their own toppings on. It gives me something to look forward to. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cozy sox for sure! Nice cards friends sent you. I need to get Easter cards sent out on Monday. I ordered a pizza from Papa Murphys and Phil went to pick it up. Busy day and I just did not feel like cooking. Watched Young Living Spring Launch this a.m. I need to watch a couple more things again as I didn't get to see all of it as it was glitchy on my lap top so I watched it on my phone. Good ideas and new products came out today. We are doing well. Busy, happy and blessed! Take care by friend! X-----X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Betsy,, stay safe and healthy..
    Yep, we do the same, order on line,, and stage everything out in the garage,. I actually leave the bags except the cold/frozen stuff out in the garage for an hour or 2,, But the refridgerated/freezer stuff goes in the Fridge/freezer..
    I was fortunate to buy a bottle of Lysol concentrate, so I can dilute a batch with water and keep in a spray bottle for use. and it's cheaper then buying a can of Lysol,
    Have fun keeping busy... and I luv the lil peeps you made.. so sweet.
    God Bless...this Palm Sunday and every day...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, it is looking like it may be another money, even two before things start to lighten up a bit. It will last as long as God wants it to last. I LOVE the photo you shared of that verse. I think that may be the one you emailed to me that blessed me so much, and I meant to tell you that. Stay strong, dear friend. Surely God is with us, and He will not allow more than we can bear. So thankful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those cards are so sweet! I love happy mail, and how lovely of the ladies in your church to think of you and send you handwritten messages! I loved the picture of your DIL enjoying Alex's socks, just precious and very touching! It looks like we are going to enjoy some sunshine here this week! Very grateful for it! Many blessings to you sweet Betsy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm amazed at the socks you make! My Mom used to knit a new pair of "booties" for us every winter. I used to love wearing them. So warm and cozy!

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your stroll socks are lovely, too. Do you find that they pill like Felici?

    ReplyDelete