Friday, January 3, 2020

Friday, Friday

Hello again.  I’m back quicker than usual.  I keep forgetting to show you all of the beautiful Christmas cards we received this year. I still have them hanging up. I like to enjoy them until sometime around the middle of January and then I’ll take them down and re-read them all again. Thank you to each of you who sent me a card. 

You can also see a few of my angels from my angel collection up on top. Dennis built this shelf above our patio doors for me to display them.

Christmas decorations are gone, I even took down the outside lights yesterday, but my snowmen stay out until around Valentine’s Day.  The card on the right was handmade by Shaz in Australia. Teresa made me the sweet nativity that is next to it in the jar.  It stays on display all year.
The candle was a gift from Alicia for Christmas and smells heavenly. It is lavender and vanilla.  I have only been been lighting it for an hour or so each evening in order to make it last longer.
Another of my snowmen and the cute purple sheep that was also a gift from Teresa. Please excuse the hot pad on the counter. I’m in the process of making my lunch and I didn’t see it there when I took the photo.

More snowman! I adore Olaf from the Frozen movies.

The sweater that Dennis took back with him is a hit! Here is Aria wearing her new sweater and it fits. I believe a lot of you thought it was a baby sweater, but it was actually a toddler size 6X. A lot bigger than a baby sweater!

I have now started working on Maddie’s sweater. This one is a size 5.

Mandy, Papa and Piper went to the zoo yesterday before they went to Grandma’s house. Karen had several doctors appointments in the morning, so they decided to take that opportunity to go to the zoo.  Omaha has an amazing zoo, the Henry Dorley Zoo. If you’re ever there you should check it out. I remember going as a kindergartner in school. We had a zoo pass when our children were small and we used to go several times a week.  It’s so big you can’t see it all in one trip.

Piper received this Lego set for a Frozen II jewelry box from Amazon last week. They have no idea who sent it, it’s a total mystery, but she and Papa had a wonderful time putting it together yesterday. I think this little girl is going to be lost when her Papa comes home tomorrow night.

Sunset last night off of our back deck looking towards Mt. Spokane. Isn’t it gorgeous?

I wasn’t feeling very well when Dennis left Tuesday morning and I sent a download of my pacemaker in to the cardiologist. Imagine my surprise when they called me back very quickly. It usually takes several days to hear back! Apparently my heart rhythm has been a bit wonky and so he adjusted my medications yesterday.  No wonder I was feeling so icky.  I am exhausted today, but I guess that’s part of adjusting to the new dosages. It’s always something isn’t it?

I am so ready for Dennis to come home but I’m  very glad he’s had this time to spend with our family.  This house gets very lonely and quiet with just me and Chloe here. I can’t imagine what it would be like without her here.  I’m wishing you all a wonderful and relaxing weekend.  Do you all have big plans?

“Sing to the Lord a new song, for He has done marvelous things.”  Psalm 98:1

Blessings,
Betsy



19 comments:

  1. Omaha is a nice place to visit. Glad Dennis got to go visit family and Piper...adorable girl. Nice little sweater you made. Weekend plans are to stay home and Phil put new gasket on deep freezer. We've had it for awhile but he'd been sick with a virus and work on Sat. Hope it fits!! Work on photo calendars. Need to make a few more now!! Glad you're feeling better my friend. Always something. Hugs. Blessings. Prayers!🌷💜

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sweater is even more adorable on Aria - it fits her perfectly. No big plans for the weekend. I took my Christmas decorations down today and have them safely packed away in the garage. The house seems so empty now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Betsy. Glad Dennis will be home soon. I have a memorial service for a (former) co-worker tomorrow. Other than that no plans which suits me fine. Thout of you as I had fried chicken tonight😹

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no plans for the weekend and that suits me just fine.

    Steve and I had a lovely day out today, but tomorrow is not supposed to be nice weather-wise. Best to just stay inside. I could always knit, I guess. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you and your family are techies so you can stay in touch even over many miles. So glad you checked with your doctor!!! The sweater is beautiful and beautifully modeled! I like snowmen, too. I am still adjusting to living on my own. I'm glad that Dennis will soon be home to keep you and Chloe company. Planning to go to church on Sunday. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sweater looks perfect for her and even some growing room. I'm glad Dennis was able to carve out time to take Piper to that zoo! What a neat Lego set.. did I see some leftover pieces? :-) It was neat to see a few of my gifts displayed in your home.. I have several from you, too.. here. :-) I tried to see my card to you on the display but never found it.. I'm sure it's there. Enjoy having Dennis home tomorrow! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure you are counting the hours until Dennis returns! You've been very busy with that beautiful white sweater, it is gorgeous! I loved the shelf Dennis made for you, what a great idea and I too love to hang up my Christmas cards. I just got them taken down, and like you, re-read them. I need to get your address. We should exchange cards :) I hope the changing of your heart medicine helps you to feel better! Much love to you sweet friend, praying the time passes quickly until Dennis returns :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sweet sweater looks much bigger on Aria than it appeared to be.
    Your angel collection look so pretty lined up on the shelf Dennis made. As for the cards? I still have mine all up, in fact I haven't put anything at all away yet. No plans for the weekend. DH is hobbling around on crutches and not feeling great ( he dropped a heavy piece of wood on his foot).

    ReplyDelete
  9. No reason to apologize for the placement of the hot pad ... it's colorful and handmade. The sweater fits Aria perfectly. So sweet. Lovely collection of angels and you have quite a few cards there. I sure do miss being able to send and receive mail. Today is my husband's birthday. He's gone to work as usual, but it's a cloudy, rainy day so no plans for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your snowmen and your lovely displays. The sweater is precious! Who is Aria..I don't think I've heard you mention her before or I missed it. She must be a relative as she seems to look a bit like Piper or some family resemblance. She's a real cutie and that is just the prettiest sweater!
    I had no idea you had a pacemaker...glad you called! I hope things have settled down now and you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have replaced snowmen with crocheted gnomes which I have found to be cuter. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. When we drove out after Christmas you could see all the Frozen boxes lined up by the trash cans for blocks. We had a laugh because The Mister still talks about his miserable Christmas Ever trying to put together Cinderella's castle for the girls when they are young. His fingers were sore for weeks for pushing in all the sharp tabs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. No real plans just taking some of the decor down and getting back to some normality around the cottage which is in need of a good clean. The sweater looks gorgeous such a beautiful make. Safe travels for Dennis's return. So sorry to read about your heart problems hope the new medication helps, it is such a trial with all these medications but so necessary. Blessings my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, what a beautiful look on Piper's face as she puts on her new sweater from Grandma!
    Precious! Maybe the quiet is good for you right now as you adjust to the new meds.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like Pap and Piper are going to really miss each other. Glad you have some answers to why you were not feeling well Betsy. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the light in Piper's and you guys when you are in a picture together. I hope you are doing well. We took our decorations down also. Although Randy took my snowmen and all. Genevieve would love all of the Olaf's you have. I hope you have a wonderful week, my friend and I hope the adjustment to your medication is a quick one. It is no fun when the medicine makes you sleepy. At least, that is the way that I feel.
    HUGS and blessings to you

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are correct it is always something sure hope you feel better soon, sometimes it takes a long time to feel like your old self! Praying for you and Karen and her family. Look at that smile on Aria's face...that sweater made her day!:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. How lovely that you have enjoyed your decorations so much. That little girls sweateer is adorable and the crocheted doily is so pretty. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved seeing all your beautiful Christmas cards! And, that is something how Piper got that box in the mail without knowing who sent it to her! I know you missed your dear husband so much and hope all is well with him and he is maybe back home with you now. God bless you both!

    ReplyDelete