Monday, December 9, 2019

Quiet

My goodness our house is quiet.  We have spent most of the weekend just laying low at home. Dennis came down with the cold everyone seems to have on Thursday night so he’s been trying to get over it before starting the work week again.  Although he does sound a bit better, you can still tell he’s sick when he talks. It’s definitely a head cold at this point.

I did make 6 more pair of mittens this weekend.  They have been put into the bag for next fall. So far I’m staying on track with my two pair a week and I’m even a couple of weeks ahead!

This blanket was finished while the kids were all here, but I never took a picture to show you.  I used a Caron Big Cake of yarn plus a little extra out of a second ball. The blanket is about 37 inches square and I used the Every Which Way Filet pattern.

I also finished one hat for the ladies at the retirement homes hat project and started another.

This afternoon I started another square for my cozy memories nine patch quilt.

I apologize for these dark photos but it’s been cloudy here for days.

I received some happy mail this past week. Teresa (Teresa Kasner on my side bar), sent me this sweet little lamb. It’s from a little shop in Vermont. Isn’t it just the cutest?  I love the floppy ears. He is happily hanging on our tree. Thank you so much Teresa. It was so sweet of you to think of me.

I also won one of Connie (Far Side of Fifty on my side bar), and her husband’s coveted yearly Christmas tree ornaments. They are hand carved and hand painted. I am so lucky to have been chosen to receive one of these ornaments this year. Just look at the detailing on this sweet little ornament. She also sent me a handmade scrubby. I love it!

She hand painted my name and the year on the back of the ornament and initialed it.

Look at this sweet little bear and candy cane they made to put inside the stocking. Behind the bear is a little red bead. Thank you so much Connie. It’s  hanging on my tree along with Teresa‘s sheep where I can admire them both every time I look up at the tree.

I am incredibly blessed to have blog friends like all of you. I don’t take your friendships for granted and I’m so grateful that you come and visit me whenever I post.

I’ll leave you with one more photo from our family get together. My favorite ones were pictures where everyone was goofing around and didn’t realize Jenny was actually snapping photos.

I hope you all have a wonderful start to your week.

“Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.”  First Chronicles 16:11

Blessings,
Betsy

15 comments:

  1. Great projects! That little sheep is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a nice picture of your kids Betsy - so happy and fun. You've been busy with your charity knitting. Everything looks great. I still need to get some decorating done. Fletch did go out and get our tree yesterday...but it's on our patio, not inside yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute picture of your kids. :-)

    Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely stitching and sweet gifts, too. You are indeed blessed. :) Love the pictures. Wishing you a day filled with many blessings my dear sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that is the best photo ever . . . I would frame it and put it in a place where I see it often . . . how could you not smile every time you looked at those delightful children funning around :)
    You may think that your home is quiet, but I'll just bet if you listen there is a clicking rhythm going on all the time from your busy needles.
    Wishing you a lovely day.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gadzooks.. sorry Dennis caught the dreaded illness. I live in fear of getting one as they usually go into severe bronchitis and even pneumonia. I love the photo of your three wonderful adult children. I hope you frame some of them. I'm glad my little sheep got to you, actually it's made in Maine, hand crocheted by a crafter there in her home, not a shop. I sure wish you were close enough to visit for the holidays! ((hugs)), Teresa :-

    ****************************************
    *M*E*R*R*Y* * *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ****************************************

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great family photos. SuCH FUN BETSY. I hope your husband is better very very soon. Your gift to me was so sweet and much appreciated. I put it on my notions bag because I can see it all the time then when I go for my tape measure or my needle size checker etc.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could knit as fast as you do! You are amazing. I follow Teresa and Connie as well and I love their blogs. You ladies inspire me! Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so welcome I am so happy you like the ornament! I hope your husband feels better soon You have been busy! I am a slow knitter...that blanket is ever so pretty! Interesting how those cakes of yarn work up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You continue to inspire me as you stitch away so rapidly, Betsy...I admire your work! Jenny did get a great photo of your kids and I am glad you received sweet gifts from some of your blogging friends. I agree with Teresa that I wish you and Dennis were close enough to visit for the holidays! May the Lord bless you and yours. πŸ’œπŸ™πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post Betsy.. thank you.
    I've done a new post on my Christian blog, I hope you have time to read it. May or may not do craft blog tomorrow, am still not well in day, leg is coming good, I'm just so whacked and so not well. Praying very very VERY hard every day and night without ceasing pleading for rain!!!
    May God have mercy soon the fires are so dreadful and then drought all over my heart is weeping. 😒😭😒😭
    Oh, that Oz wpuld call upon the Lord, seek His face and turn from their wicked ways, for then our God will hear from heaven, forgive our sin and heal our land. 2 Chron 7:12
    Oh dear Lord mercy soon, please!
    I love your woork, the mittens, the blanket, wee lambkin, and Christmas stocking so beautifully made! Oh wonderful fun family.... yay!
    Blessed memories. Pray Dennis is daily improving, and praying for you.
    Thanks for sharing, and may God bless you.
    Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  12. The blanket and mittens turned out nicely, as does all the work you do. The picture of you family is so good.
    Blessings and HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet picture of your children! It looks like they were having an amazing time! You can just see the love they have for each other. I can't imagine how quiet it must seem in your house. You are so sweet to make so many things for so many others and pour your life into reaching out. It definitely takes our minds off our own sadness when we stay busy doing for others. May the Lord richly bless you this Christmas season, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That little sheep someone sent you is so darling. My dad use to raise sheep when I lived at home and I have a soft spot for them. You are so disciplined doing your knitting and getting so much done! Nancy

    ReplyDelete