Thursday, March 14, 2024

Raindrops are fallin’ on my head….

Hello  and happy Friday. I'm writing this at 11:00 Thursday night thinking you probably won't see it until Friday! As always, we've had a very hectic week with Mom and all things related to her care. The assisted living is now trying two new medications to hopefully help her anxiety, and based on the past two days, they do seem to be helping. Praise the Lord! It has been SO stressful and anxiety ridden for all of us, especially Dennis. Maybe we should all be taking those drugs too! :-)

We had rain all night and most of the day today. It just stopped an hour or so ago. There are no complaints here about the rain. We haven't had much snow this year and the farmers really need the moisture for the fields. Until today, (Thursday) we've had unseasonably warm temps all week, but today was only in the 50's. We're hoping for a warm-up again for next week because Piper is on spring break and we want to take her to the zoo.

I had a sort of fun morning. I got a new phone and iPad! They even transferred everything for me from phone to phone. The iPad will be delivered in two days and I can take the old one in and they'll do the same thing. The Verizon store is only two blocks from us, so it's not much of a problem to take it in. The phone is only $5.00/month on our bill for three years, ($180 total), and the iPad is free! Apparently we haven't been using any of our benefits from our loyalty program. We've been with Verizon for 23 years! Not a bad price for brand new devices! Especially a free iPad. :-) I'm really excited because my iPad hasn't held a charge in a couple of years. I have to keep it plugged in all of the time.

The wheelchair blanket is finished, but not washed and blocked yet. I just used scraps from my stash and I'm really happy with it. The tan and burgandy match the varigated yarn perfectly. That's always nice when it happens so nicely.

I started a sweater for our Baby "J" in London yesterday. Small sweaters go so much faster than bigger sweaters. I remember when cardigans for Piper went this fast. Now she's in a womans small size and they take much longer! This will be just a simple plain cardi for Baby "J" to play in at the park. Can you believe she'll be two in a couple of weeks?

I'm also copying my friend Cindy at the "Delighted Hands" blog and making some new dishcloths using the moss stitch in crochet. It goes really fast. This is about 20 minutes of crochet. I could use a few new dishcloths and they make nice gifts, so I always like to have some on hand. That "blob" under the yarn is Zoey taking a nap on my lap this afternoon while it was raining.

I thought I would share the table by our entry way. I have our little "Welcome" bunnies on here along with some birds to welcome spring. I crocheted the filet crochet table runner years and years ago.

Mandy sent me this photo of Piper reading in bed the other night. She reads every night before going to sleep and of course her shadow, Lizzie is right there with her. You can see two of the blankets I've crocheted for her folded up at the foot of her bed. The pink and white one covers her full size bed.  The teal one is her watching TV blanket and pretty big too, but not as big as the pink one. How I love this girl. She's going to middle school next year! Can you believe it? I can't.

I have a couple of new readers that I want to welcome. 

Janice visited the blog and she lives right here in Omaha too! She told me about a place where I can possibly donate my baby blankets to called Bethlehem House, and it's also right here in Omaha. Thank you Janice. I haven't had a chance to call this week with everything happening with Mom, but I will definitely contact them.

Mary is from Oklahoma and is also involved in BSF like I am. I think I told you all before that women all over the world are studying the same thing every week. Here I am in Nebraska and Mary is in Oklahoma and we're reading the same scriptures every week. Very unifying and a great experience.

Welcome to you both! I hope you come back and visit again. :-) I love making new friends.

I hope you are all doing well. I'll be back as soon as I can. Life is a bit wonky right now, but hopefully getting better. Love to you all.

Blessings and love,
Betsy

14 comments:

  1. I do pray the new meds will help "Mom" settle down and not be so filled with anxiety. I know how difficult that is, and I pray soon she will adapt and be more content where she is. Praying for you and Dennis also as you navigate these waters. How wonderful that you are getting a new phone and iPad! what a great deal! I have just gone through this new computer situation, and yes, new technology and changes are never easy, but in time everything gets better. I am very thankful for my "new" desktop computer and to be back among the "living" here in blogland! Oh, that little sweater is just darling! I know that precious "baby J" will feel so warm and cozy inside of it! What a blessing to be able to do that for your dear sweet grandchildren and also for so many others. Love the lap blanket, and that crochet' table runner is beautiful!!! Love the bunnies! And Piper looks so sweet in her bed reading, etc. What a lovely bedroom setting she has! Such a sweet dear girl! And yes, it is wonderful to make new friends here in blogland and to share similar joys and feelings and beliefs! What privilege we have to be able to do this freely! Praise God! I hope you have a lovely weekend, and happy you all got some much needed rain! God is good! All the time! God is good! Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear about your Mom doing better. I love to see your crochet and knit projects. I just learned that I can bind off my knitting with a crochet hook for an easier bind off. I am what you call a beginner knitter, but have crocheted for years. I too am working my way through my yarn stash. I quit doing craft shows, so I am donating a lot of my items to the town Easter egg hunt (items to fill winner baskets), and other items get donated to the senior center.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great deal on your new devices!! Cute little sweater for the Baby across the Pond. Soon she will no longer be a baby!! Hope you can have a relaxing weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are waiting for that rain you had to come our way today. I sure hope it gets here because it will save me from going out and watering all our new plantings today.
    Your projects are lovely! That baby sweater is so cute. I guess I should day toddler sweater since she's going to be two-already (?).
    Piper's little corner looks so cozy! I'd like to climb back into bed myself this morning. I stayed up late watching the Eras Tour concert on Disney last night and Pup insisted on getting up before the sun-again. I'm not sure what's up with that but I need it to STOP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work coming from our hands!!! I'm sorry our mil has been struggling and you, too, as you try to care for her! The new baby sweater is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure do have a lot on your plate! Nice work on that dishcloth; as you know, I've been doing them, too. You are so right that baby sweaters go quickly, and then the kids get bigger and outgrow them before they are even finished! So glad that Piper likes to read! She sure is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The new projects are looking great!

    Piper's room is so clean! My room certainly wasn't clean like that! Lol. But I was a bedtime reader. In fact, I was up until I moved in with Dave. Dave has this thing about going to bed at the same time, but he can't fall asleep while I'm still reading. I tried the - "I'm going up to bed to read" early and told him to come up when he was ready for bed. But he's always come up 5 minutes after I started reading, so I just gave up - lol. Now most of my reading is done in the bath tub. Because of my back issues, I have a good long soak in a hot bath tub almost every night - so I usually get a decent amount read!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I glad your mom-in-love gets to feeling better, mental wise soon. I like the wheel chair blanket!! You are creative with crocheting a lot of items to help people. That is so kind of you to do that. My right front of my sasquatch sweater is 3/4 done. I am doing some sewing as well. It was warm enough today that I wore a short sleeve shirt and a sweatshirt that's has a zipper on it. Took it off when we left Baumans' farm and garden this afternoon after we had lunch and a bit of shopping. We could see two mountains. 61 degrees today and a bit warmer through Monday. No rain for a few days. Phil's going to mow the lawn on Saturday. Hope you have a good weekend and I'm praying for you and Dennis as you go through a uncertain time with his mom. Piper looks adorable and I like her bedroom!! Take care, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonky I understand, I can hardly wait for an even keel...if there ever is one:) Lovely sweater for miss J:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do hope the medications make mom less anxious. Prayers and hugs. How can Baby J be turning 2??? She was just born yesterday! What a sweet sweater for her! Glad you have possibly found a place for baby blankets. I know they will be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Piper in middle school next year and baby "J" turning two!!! What is happening to time. It has speeded up so dreadfully.
    I hope the new meds will calm your Mom and life can settle down a bit. It must be exhausting.
    I love the display of bunnies and birds on your hall table. The filet crochet table doily is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you got some good rain Betsy, gosh we need it too. We had a dry summer last year and now a dry winter. I love that pic of Piper reading in bed...she looks so cozy. Love that little sweater you're knitting for the baby too....I guess not a baby any more but almost 2! and all your little bunnies look so sweet. I will put out my Easter decorations soon. Right now the house is decked out in St. Patrick's Day things. Sorry to hear about "Mom".....hope the new meds help her a lot! Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We've had our share of rain too. Loved all your handiwork. Great colors and styles. Your display of the bunnies is so sweet. I do love my Easter bunnies. We just founnd out that our 4th great grandbaby is going to be another "boy".

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're a talented lady and busy, too! We're supposed to have 70 tomorrow with rain late. Got to enjoy it. Be blessed, Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete