Saturday, January 14, 2023

I’m leaving on a jet plane …

It’s almost time to fly away to London.  Tomorrow this time I’ll be somewhere over the North Atlantic. It’s hard to think of leaving Dennis, but sheer happiness at spending four weeks with Baby “J”. It’s not looking as if the weather in London will cooperate with many outdoor adventures, but we can have fun inside! Alex asked me to bring some of his favorite childhood books for Baby J. Yes, I’ve kept them through all of our moves. I’m looking forward to reading them to her.

Last week we had craft day here and we were able to make coasters or trivets with our Christmas cards and purchased wall/floor tiles. I ended up making 14 of them and will give Mandy and Mom some next December to use in their homes. I really like how they turned out and they were so easy.

My orchid has shot up a new stalk and it has 6 buds getting ready to open.  I sure hope they’re still in bloom when I get home and Dennis has promised to take pictures for me.

I’ve been frantically knitting on my “Portage” sweater, hoping to take it with me. I finished the second sleeve this afternoon but still have the shawl collar and pockets to knit. It’s not going with me. It’s too big to work on on the plane and my suitcase is full. I’m taking sock yarn with me for my projects there. Since I took this photo about an hour ago, I picked up well over 350 stitches around the fronts and the back and started the 6 inches of garter knitting, but that’s about all I’ll get done until I get back home. The yarn is “I Love This Yarn” and the colorway is “Fireworks Show”. I think it would look great with jeans don’t you? Now if only I could fit into my jeans!🤷‍♀️

Just a photo of the wall right inside our front door. I really like the two signs together. Lots of keys hanging up since I’m not taking any with me, so there are none in my purse.

I snapped this of Dennis a little while ago, unbeknownst to him!😂🤣😂 Zoey is under that pile of blankets on his lap. A chilly, foggy afternoon is a good time for a nap for man and dog. 💜 Mandy made him the plaid fleece blanket several years ago and he uses it year round.
This was on FaceBook and I thought it was so pretty and homey. I’ll be drinking a LOT of tea during the next month.

Take care everyone. I’ll try to post as I find time. I’m sorry I won’t be able to comment, but I will be reading your blogs faithfully. Please pray for me as I travel and for Dennis as he’s alone and caring for Mom without me. That is a big job for one person. Stay safe and well.

Blessings and love,
Betsy

22 comments:

  1. The coasters turned out so well, and I like the colors in the sweater you are knitting. Have a fun trip visiting family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking 🤔 of when you were flying to London. Nice sweater you're making. I bought some fabric to be the slip for skirt I'm making soon. I found a nice thread to make the 3 tiers look a bit nice as I couldn't find any lace that was good color or too expensive at Joann store. Possibly lace in town at a different store. One I shopped at Thursday didn't have one I wanted either. Cheaper prices though. Nice photo of Dennis sleeping with doggie under blankets. Our weather is a bit warmer and a bit of rain. Have a trip to/from England 🇬🇧 and enjoy time with your little granddaughter and her parents. Hugs and prayers 🙏 ❤️, Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice card tiles you made. Very creative my friend with new friends you live nearby. 😀

      Delete
  3. Have a safe and WONDERFUL trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cardigan looks amazing so far! Love the yarn. Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Safe trip and enjoy every moment with the Grand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I listen to BBC Radio 4 all day and I'll be thinking of you when I do. I love the shipping forecasts and the weather reports. They do the whole of the UK-Ireland, Scotland, Wales and even Iceland which sounds so exotic and foreign to this armchair traveler.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers for your trip and visit! Your orchid will still be in bloom when you get home-the flowers last for months! Fill your grandma-tanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wondered when you were flying, Betsy. I would guess you're up in the air right now. Praying for safe travels for you and a wonderful four weeks with beloved family in England. Can't wait to see and hear all about your fun trip. Love the coasters/trivets that you made! Looks like your sweater is going to be wonderful when it's all done. That heart blanket that Dennis is sleeping under is so pretty...reminds me to decorate for Valentines day soon! Take care and God Bless you and keep you safe, Betsy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers for a safe and enjoyable trip and time with Baby J. Sending you much love and many hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have fun, fun, fun in London!! Love your coasters.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a safe trip and a wonderful visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Know that you and Denis will both be in my prayers. Have a nice trip and a wonderful time with that grandbaby.

    ReplyDelete
  13. By now you should be in London! Have a fabulous time and enjoy every moment with your granddaughter (and her parents!!).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness! Have a wonderful time!!!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will definitely pray that you have a safe trip and lots of fun! Your sweater is so pretty! It will look great with jeans and if the jeans don't fit go get a pair that does! LOL! Cute picture of Dennis with the blanket and invisible dog. Your trivets turned out cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you have a wonderful time in London! Safe travels! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip. Enjoy all the sweet baby sunggles!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you are having a wonderful time! Enjoy all that tea and baby time. That sweater looks great in that yarn, and those coasters are a wonderful way to recycle Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Prayers for safe travel. Have a glorious time with that beautiful baby girl!! I'm sorry you couldn't take your sweater, but at least you fit the books in your suitcase! You know I am dreaming of being with you in England. I will be pretending as usual. Great picture of Dennis. I snap those of my husband, too. It just makes me happy to see him relaxing and enjoying being. I hope things go smoothly with mom, too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Travel safely! I am sure Dennis will miss you, but what fun for you to have baby J time:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE the Christmas card coasters! Great idea. I hope you’re enjoying the days with your son, his wife and your baby granddaughter:)
    Blessings for this New Year,
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  21. Enjoy your trip. Now I wonder how many people starting singing the words to I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane😀🎶🎵

    ReplyDelete