Thursday, July 7, 2022

Wildlife and Regular Life

Hello everyone! It's been a busy week. Jenny arrived from Spokane on Sunday afternoon. On Monday, the 4th it was well over 100F so we didn't want to do anything outside. We opted to take her to the Drive Thru Wildlife Safari Park. The wolves and bears were hiding somewhere cool, but other animals were happy to show themselves to us.

A male elk posed for us. Another is laying down as you can see by the rack on lower left in the photo.

A female and a few more male elk.  All were taking advantage of the shade.

Here is a young guy resting in the shade too.

The pelicans were enjoying swimming around in the presumably cool pond.

These guys were all fishing together just before I snapped the picture. 

This heron definitely looked as if he was posing for us.

These two were taking advantage of the lunch buffett. A few more were hiking at top speed down the road to get there share but I accidentally deleted their photo.

The buffalo, or bison, were taken turns wading in the pond and then...

they would roll in the dirt to keep the insects away.

It was a lot of fun driving through with Jenny. We also drove through the State Park that we like to camp at. We had lunch with Brad, Mandy, Piper and Brad's Dad, Dennis, at their house. Brad is in the process of replacing their decking with the permanent decking, trex deck. It makes it where there is no upkeep whatsoever.  That evening we went out to dinner at an Italian restaurant. The food was a bit disappointing but we had a great time visiting. The next morning Jenny left before 5:30 a.m. and was almost in Pennsylvania by nightfall. Today she picked up a friend in New York and they're driving to Maine for a lobster dinner. She does love to drive.

I'm still crocheting on the "Modern Granny Rectangle Blanket". It's coming along but each round is taking a long time now. Its big enough for our queen size bed so I'm just going to do one more series of the different colors and then a border of some sort. I do like the way it's turning out.

Here's my Piper with a self portrait. She said the emojis are supposed to tell you something about you.

Here is the picture she took of me. :-) You can see just how short my hair is here and I love it like that.

Jenny was riding in the front seat with Dennis so she could see the animals better. She put Zoey to sleep while petting her. She is such a sweet puppy. I can't imagine not having her now.

We finally started pushing the RV dealership about our reclining chairs for our camper. We bought it in January and it was supposed to have the "theater seating" which are two recliners. Instead it had a sofa sleeper.  We've been very patient while the dealers service dept. promised them in February, then April and then June. We were called yesterday and they said another 8 weeks. They also were very rude about it and said they couldn't do anything else for us and wouldn't take one out of a camper on the lot. That was it. We drove straight to the dealership and the actual salesman who we bought it from met us at the door. He didn't remember us at all until Dennis reminded him. Long story short, we paid cash for the brand new camper in January. They would like us to buy from them again. They had a recliner available for us today and will install it next Wednesday. I think that is crazy. Sales apparently cares. Service doesn't.  We really needed the recliners for my back as we're leaving for a 3 week trip to the Black Hills, Montana and Spokane in a couple of weeks. I have to have a recliner for my back issues.
All is well that ends well. I'm looking forward to seeing it in the camper and getting it all packed up for the trip. We have someone taking care of the house and plants. The teenage boy across the street will mow for us. And we get to see our friends soon.

Take care and I'll be back again soon. Sorry about all of the photos, but I thought you would like to see the animals at the park.

Blessings and love,
Betsy

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing all your photos of the animals at the wildlife park. Always fun to see them all. Your friend sure must love to drive....she's making good headway on her trip. I can't wait to hear all about your RV trip coming up....hope your gas costs won't be too terribly expensive. Love that pic of Piper and of you. Hope you get those recliners put in. Stay cool in this hot summer weather! You have a lot of cool looking dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to have a nice visit with your friend! I'm sorry the temperatures did not cooperate, but it sounds like you made the best of it. The animals seem like they are not fans of the heat either. But you did get some wonderful pictures!

    I would have been livid with the camper dealership. How dare they treat you like that? We all know that we have to be patient these days, but this is ridiculous. Especially when another model had the recliners. I just can't believe they would think it would be okay to treat you like this. I guess businesses have forgotten that people share instances like this and they could lose future business.

    That Piper! She always adds fun to your posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got the recliner issue resolved and I hope it all pans out so you can be comfortable!! Sounds like a nice time with your friend:) I bet Piper likes Music:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new haircut.

    Glad you'll be able to get your recliner before you go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes, persistence and assertiveness is necessary. I’m glad the dealership was able to solve the issue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Photos from wildlife park looks very good. The birds are so.pretty. I'm glad you had a good time with Jenny. Hopefully your recliner will be in your trailer soon. I'm glad someone was able to help you get what you needed. Have a safe trip to Spokane. Wish I was closer so I could visit you. Maybe if you go to Oregon coast 🤔? Hugs and blessings...Becky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are some crazy looking birds! Your blanket is looking great. The patience it must take to make something so big!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair looks so nice Betsy and I'm glad you went back to the dealer and were able to work out the recliner nonsense! The wildlife park looks like a fun place to go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun place to visit. There's a drive through "safari" where I used to live - but I dont recommend doing it with a vehicle you love. The monkeys jump all over your car and pull things off (like wipers and antenna)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you were able to finally get results from the dealership. You certainly were patient long enough.
    I don't like to bother with hair so I wear mine long and never have to do much with it. With all the rain we get here 9 months of the year any curling etc would be difficult to maintain. And I'm not much for fussing with my looks.
    What great pictures you got when you drove through the park!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That wildlife park looks fun and exciting. Those are such good pictures of you and Piper. Betsy I was just looking back at the pictures of Zoey and Lizzie. They are so adorable! I love those little sweetie pies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The park looks like a lot of fun! We have those red headed sandhill cranes in our yard every day! Glad you worked out the camper issues! You just have to find the right guy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you'd such a lovely Jenny visit Betsy.
    Re your recliners sounds like my house repairs. Ist March submitted claim over four months later half repaired house roof, mouldy room cupboard can't use and littliest room needing repainting.
    Mould made me sick till had a sheet hammered over that doorway to stop any coming in house. So not fun year but others are worse off.. so counting my blessings. Especially as on Friday a new claim co-ordinator appointment and think she's a doer so am hopeful sis my corner is turning too but told prob months still not weeks!
    We pray on.
    Making Christmas cards today.. Thanks for sharing, and may God bless you and keep you and all whom you love safe and well.
    Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz. X

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  14. QUE HERMOSAS FOTOS BETSY, ME ENCANTA LA VIDA NATURAL, ESTAR EN CONTACTO CON LA NATURALEZA, LA CREACION DE DIOS ES GRANDE E INCOMPARABLE. ME ENCANTA LA MANTA PARA TU CAMA, AMO LAS MANTAS TEJIDAS, DE HECHO TENGO UNA QUE HICE HACE VARIOS AÑOS CON CUADRADOS AL CROCHET PERO LA POBRE YA ESTA GASTADA JAJAJA, TENGO QUE HACER UNA NUEVA, PERO LLEVA TIEMPO. GRACIAS POR PASAR POR MI BLOG Y DEJAR TUS LINDOS COMENTARIOS, ERES UNA FIEL AMIGA YA QUE ERES LA UNICA QUE LO VISITA, NO SE QUE PASA CON LAS OTRAS HERMANAS QUE NO LEEN MI BLOG, ME ENTRISTECE UN POCO, BENDICIONES.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS BETSY, I LOVE NATURAL LIFE, BEING IN CONTACT WITH NATURE, GOD'S CREATION IS GREAT AND INCOMPARABLE. I LOVE THE BLANKET FOR YOUR BED, I LOVE KNITTED BLANKETS, IN FACT I HAVE ONE THAT I MADE SEVERAL YEARS AGO WITH CROCHET SQUARES BUT THE POOR THING IS ALREADY WORN OUT HAHAHA, I HAVE TO MAKE A NEW ONE, BUT IT TAKES TIME. THANKS FOR STOPPING BY MY BLOG AND LEAVING YOUR NICE COMMENTS, YOU ARE A FAITHFUL FRIEND SINCE YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO VISITS IT, I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WITH THE OTHER SISTERS WHO DON'T READ MY BLOG, IT MAKES ME A LITTLE SAD, BLESSINGS.

      Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

      Delete
  15. The drive thru wildlife park was a good option on a hot day. Piper is so pretty, and I love the photo she took of you. Your hair looks great. I'm sorry you had all the trouble with your recliners, and glad it is finally going to be resolved to your satisfaction. Sounds like you are going to have a fun trip in your new camper. xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay, I am just now getting caught up with your posts. For some reason I'm not seeing them, or else I didn't make the connection with where they were coming from! LOL. So now I see your short haircut that you spoke about in my post this morning. It is very cute! I would still love to see one with you in braids! Oh, I love the elk and all the other animals you are seeing. I will tell you, however, that the "heron" you saw is actually a Sand Hill Crane. We have lots of them down here in Florida, and had a family living in our pond this winter. They still come back to visit us frequently and are such fun to watch with their young one, who is now as big as the parents. Also, I read ahead to your current post and love the new theater recliner seats you finally got! They do look very comfy!! I hope you are able to make your trip to see your family in Montana who has been dealing with covid. Praying they will be well in time for you to come. Sounds like a wonderful trip. Oh, your crocheting is lovely. I don't know how to crochet. I am a lefty and never learned how to knit or crochet because no one would teach me, but then again, I never sat still long enough to even try. But I admire those who can do it and appreciate the beautiful things they make. Your afghan is gorgeous! I saw the finished product in the newer post. That's a lot of work! Okay, I hope this about catches me up with you. I enjoyed reading your posts...I am still new to your blog so have a lot to learn! have a blessed and wonderful week and a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete