Monday, July 18, 2022

Whew! Busy days!

Busy days at the Queen house! There are are lots of photos in this post.  I won’t write a lot, just enough to explain the photos. 💜 Here we go!

First and foremost we finally got the theater seating, or recliners, for the trailer. We are thrilled with them and they are very, very comfortable to sit in.

The oven at mom‘s house is finally installed. She has been without an oven for at least five years. We finally tracked one down and Dennis finished installing it last week. It is an unusual size oven. Very small, so it was hard to find one to fit in the hole that was already there from the original oven from the 1960s.

The first harvest from my teeny, tiny garden last week. Four zucchini and one bell pepper! I was so excited.

The zucchini quickly became this. I shredded them into 2 cup Ziploc bags for baking. Into the freezer they went for winter time baking.

The blanket for our bed was finally completed. Please don’t look at the messy bed. I had stripped everything off to wash when I decided to take a photo.

It is so large that it does hang down a decent amount on each side. Dennis says it’s almost like an optical illusion and if you stare at it too long you’ll be dizzy.

I made two more nine-patch mitered squares. This has been a neglected project for many months. It was fun to make these two blocks and start another. Someday when I have enough, they will be put together into a blanket.

Some dish cloths were made as we drove around town or sat and chatted.

And two more.

Here are some of the family that were at our house Saturday for brunch. Piper took the picture so she’s not in this one.
Here’s one with Piper in it, minus Mandy. We all had a great time. Everyone wants to make this an annual event.
 
A bit of concerning news. Our son and his family in Montana are dealing with Covid right now. Our son is still pretty sick, but the others are on the mend. We are supposed to be there on Sunday for a few days visit. Please pray that they will all be healthy by the time we arrive.

That’s it! If you’re still around, I sure appreciate it. This is going to be a busy week too. I have to take Mom to several doctors appointments. Papa is taking Piper to her tennis camp every day and she and Lizzie will be spending the nights with us. Then Friday we leave on our adventure westward. Busy times ahead.

Hope all is well with you and you’ve had a good and restful weekend. Take care!

Blessings,
Betsy

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like in spite of a very busy week, you got a LOT done. Those chairs are gorgeous. I would sit and knit in that seat FOREVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice projects! The only blankets I ever made were for babies. How long did it take you to make this pretty and big one? Piper's growing up, isn't she? Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Family gatherings are a wonderful way to keep connections strong. Safe travels west.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand why you put your foot down about that seating, it is even better than I imagined!!! Love all the projects. Those family pictures are a treasure. How wonderful you all got to visit and I do hope it is an annual event. Prayers for your son and his family.

    Glad you found an oven. I had a friend who purchased a very fancy house built by a wealthy person in our town in the 60's. They lived their whole lives and she bought it from the estate. The kitchen needed updated but was in good shape so they thought they could wait. Until the first time she tried to put a 9 x 13 casserole dish in the oven! They hadn't realized how tiny those ovens were! Forget cookie sheets, too. So funny! But perfect for Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun to see your projects!! You have been busy! I hope your son feels better soon, my baby brother was very ill with Covid also but an antiviral from the Dr really helped and my sister in law never got it. Have fun on your vacation!!! It will be so much fun for you to see everyone in Spokane1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa....you have been busy! Love the new seats and that blanket...wow!!! I hope your Covid drama resolves itself. I'm afraid to ask my kids how they are anymore they've had it so many times. Someone is always sick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the recliners that you finally got for the RV. They look well worth the wait.
    I hope your son and family will soon feel much better. Covid sure can be nasty. Both of us had very mild cases (My DH was fully vaxxed, me not at all. Didn't seem to make any difference).
    Family pictures are such treasures!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post . . . loved the family photos and the quote at the end. Oh, those dishcloths are way too pretty for doing dishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Betsy, I so love your little sign at the end of your blog....so cute! Got to keep on praying!!! Your big group for brunch sure looked nice...glad it went so well. Your new recliners look great too. Hope you have a terrific trip. Hubby and I just got over covid a couple weeks ago...but the effects linger...especially the tiredness. Hope you don't pick up the bug while visiting your son in Montana. Take good care you two.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the photos of the family! That's wonderful.
    Your blanket looks great, and congrats on the fabulous first harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to hear from you! The family gatherings was a great time! The needles kept busy which is good for you. The bed afghan is superb--what a great fit! So glad your chairs are finally installed-they look just right!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like fun together with family! Nice afghan on your bed....cozy!! The chairs in your trailer look cozy. I hope all goes well on your trip to Spokane and hopefully you can be with your son and family. Praying that they will heal from the virus they have. I wrote a comment last evening but it obviously didn't publish. I had a fun time with a friend at lunch today. We've not been together for awhile and she lives in another state after summer is over. Take care and let me know if you are actually going to Oregon coast or somewhere else close enough we can meet. Hugs and blessings, my dear friend! Becky

    ReplyDelete