Monday, April 4, 2022

Blue Skies

We have had the craziest warm, cold, warm, cold weather for the last month and a half. Today is cool but beautiful and in the mid 50s right now. We just got back from another nice long walk at the cemetery. We are trying to do that every day that the weather cooperates. Zoey just loves it and it’s great exercise up and down the hills. I have a few more photos for you too. I hope that you like them.  Many people said that they like to see photos from cemeteries. Maybe next time we’ll actually make it up to where all of the family mausoleums are. Here is a rather plain one that was in the part of the cemetery we walked in today.

This section also had a lot of large monuments rather than the flat stones that are found in most of the newer sections.

Our trees still don’t have any buds on them yet. I’m looking forward to showing you photos of this beautiful cemetery in the summertime.

Another view of the same mausoleum. I have a lot of other photos I took this afternoon, including the earliest dates I’ve seen yet, but for some reason they would not download. I’ll try again next time.

I have finished six more pair of mittens. I got woefully behind on them as I was working on the baby cross-stitch. That is at Michael’s for framing and should be done by the 13th. I still have four more pair of mittens to go before I am caught up.

We had a quiet weekend. Dennis worked at the church camp all day Saturday putting insulation and drywall up in the dining hall. The camp is near the South Dakota border, about a one hour drive from here. I did some house cleaning and laundry. After he came home, we got diesel in the truck. Gasp! It wasn’t even at half a tank yet and the pump shut off at $120! Isn’t that awful? I would hate to see what it would cost if we were empty. Then we went out to visit with Mandy and Piper for awhile.  Brad was at his parents house helping to rebuild their garage that burned last week. It sounds as if they are making good progress in the rebuilding process.
Yesterday was church in the morning where I sang on the praise team for the service. I don’t normally do that anymore as I’m feeling much too old these days. It was a hymn fest which is always very much enjoyed by everyone, especially us old people. After that we had lunch with Dennis’s Mom and his cousin Cindy, who we haven’t seen in many, many years, but we keep in touch through Facebook. She lives in Texas but comes to Omaha on business once in a while. All in all, it was a very nice weekend.

I hope you are all having a wonderful Monday enjoying the blessings that God has given us.

Blessings and love, 
Betsy

22 comments:

  1. I love the headstone that is a Celtic cross. So pretty.

    Weather here has been crazy too. We had bad storms last Thursday night that produced a tornado about 5 miles north of us. No injuries, thank goodness. Just lots of tree damage and some porches ripped off a couple of houses. The weather since last fall has just been crazy and unpredictable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice, relaxing weekend! I love when I get to see my cousins, they are my best friends. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a very nice weekend and I sure love seeing those blue, blue skies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a very interesting place to walk! It's very windy and chilly here with a bit of rain thrown in. You are so good for knitting all those mittens; I'll bet they are really appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely cemetery...I hope to visit it someday in person. I am sending you an email.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cemeteries are great places to walk and to explore. Thanks for taking photos and sharing them. Bless you for continuing your mitten project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOLA BETSY: QUE HERMOSOS TUS MITONES, SON TAN COLORIDOS, ESTOY TERMINANDO EL PAR DE MITONES SIN DEDOS QUE COMENCE LA SEMANA PASADA, POR ALGUNA RAZON NO EMPECE EL SEGUNDO Y MAÑANA 6 DE ABRIL ES EL CUMPLEAÑOS NUMERO 40 DE MI HIJA SAMANTA Y PARA ELLA SON LOS GUANTES, ESTOY MUY ATRASADA, HEMOS TENIDO 2 CUMPLEAÑOS DESDE QUE COMENZO EL MES DE ABRIL, TU HAS VISTO LAS FOTOS DEL CUMPLEAÑOS DE MI ESPOSO, ASI QUE NO HE TENIDO MUCHO TIEMPO PARA TEJER O HACER OTRA MANUALIDAD, MAÑANA TENDRE QUE TERMINAR SINO NO PODRE REGALARCELO, GRACIAS POR TUS PALABRAS EN MI BLOG. ME ENCANTAN LOS CEMENTERIOS ANTIGUOS, DONDE LAS LAPIDAS ESTAN ENVEJECIDAS Y DESCOLORIDAS, GENTE QUE MURIO HACE MAS DE 100 AÑOS, TIENEN UN ENCANTO MISTERIOSO PARA MI. AQUI TAMBIEN EL TIEMPO ESTA UN PÓCO LOCO, HACE UN POCO DE FRIO, HACE UN POCO DE CALOR, TODAVIA HAY CIERTA INESTABILIDAD EN ASENTARSE EL CLIMA OTOÑAL. BENDICIONES DULCE HERMANA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HELLO BETSY: HOW BEAUTIFUL YOUR MITTENS, THEY ARE SO COLORFUL, I AM FINISHING THE PAIR OF FINGERLESS MITTENS I STARTED LAST WEEK, FOR SOME REASON I DIDN'T START THE SECOND ONE AND TOMORROW APRIL 6TH IS MY DAUGHTER SAMANTA'S 40TH BIRTHDAY AND FOR HER THEY ARE THE MITTENS, I AM VERY LATE, WE HAVE HAD 2 BIRTHDAYS SINCE APRIL STARTED, YOU HAVE SEEN THE PICTURES OF MY HUSBAND'S BIRTHDAY, SO I HAVEN'T HAD MUCH TIME TO KNIT OR DO ANOTHER CRAFT, TOMORROW I WILL HAVE TO FINISH BUT I WON'T BE ABLE TO GIVE THEM TO HER, THANKS FOR YOUR WORDS ON MY BLOG. I LOVE OLD CEMETERIES, WHERE THE GRAVESTONES ARE AGED AND FADED, PEOPLE WHO DIED MORE THAN 100 YEARS AGO, THEY HAVE A MYSTERIOUS CHARM FOR ME. HERE TOO THE WEATHER IS A LITTLE CRAZY, IT'S A LITTLE COLD, IT'S A LITTLE HOT, THERE IS STILL SOME INSTABILITY IN SETTLING THE AUTUMN WEATHER. BLESSINGS SWEET SISTER.

      Delete
  8. That cemetery has such interesting grave markers. They're so much nicer than the flat headstones that so many cemeteries now require.
    How nice that you could have a lovely visit with your cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our local historian offers tours of our large city cemetery every spring in return for a donation to the historical society. There are so many interesting stones and he knows the history behind all of them.
    A library in a neighboring city used to offer themed walks in their cemetery. I remember one was famous industrialists who were buried there. One was cops and robbers, law enforcement and criminals. What I always noticed and remembered were all the wives. Back in the late 1800's and early 1900's, there was no childcare. And when a wife died in childbirth, she had to be replaced quickly so that someone could care for the children. Many of these guys had 3 or 4 wives when it was all said and done. Many of their wives were sisters, who married to help raise their sister's children. It was so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those blue mittens....they are so beautiful! I'm glad you're getting some nice walks in......temps in the fifties sound great to me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The weather has been one weird roller coaster that even caught our weather experts off guard. All the blooming took place with freezing temps in early March. It's going to be a drab, green Easter this year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice to hear that you are enjoying lots of family time. Always lovely to see the mittens you make; I know they are always so much appreciated. Fire is such a scary thing; good that Brad's parents' are able to rebuild. Enjoy your walks. It's 94 degrees here today. :/ Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the mittens. What a true blessing you are indeed! Having a lot of your family around has to be just awesome. True blessings. Hope you get a chance to slow down and just rest for a while. You two are always on the go. :) Wishing you a day full of many blessings sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I use to walk in a cemetery behind our house in Michigan. Lovely mittens...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I use to walk in a cemetery behind our house in Michigan. Lovely mittens. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Taking a walk in the cemeteries has got to be very peaceful, no traffic or loud noise. I'm happy that you are settling in to your new life and having pretty weather for walking. Love the mittens :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love walking in cemeteries, and haven't done that for a few months. One year when visiting my daughter out of state she humored me with taking several days hunting down old cemeteries and looking for the graves of several different families in our family tree. It's a very favorite memory of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How lovely to enjoy such a peaceful walk through the cemetary, those stones are incredible, and it will look so beautiful too once all the trees leaf out. We've been having the same wild weather here. Springter is my term for it. Because you never know which its going to be! Sounds like you had a wonderful time last weekend! So nice to be with your family, and how wonderful that you were able to sing with the praise team! The diesel prices are horrendous! This world is a crazy place right now. So thankful for our hope in Jesus! Blessings to you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mausoleums have always fascinated me, Betsy. The one you photographed is beautiful in its simplicity. Your mittens are so pretty. Love the blues. I hate going to the gas station. I can't imagine what people who drive long distances to their workplaces are feeling right now. Great scripture! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I do enjoy walking around cemeteries...they are really peaceful and relaxing places. Why is it that some people find that morbid I have never thought that ever. I find many of the inscriptions curious and interesting to read. I have also always found it a good place to reflect on life and my life ...just sit and wonder about all. There is also a lot of art to be found in cemeteries. No I don't find it unpleasant at all! Weather here is crazy...it is as if it cannot make up its mind! Keep well. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete