Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Tiny Needle Tuesday

Good morning everyone! It’s Tiny Needle Tuesday again and I have more progress to show you on the baby sampler. And more good news is that the baby has arrived and everyone is healthy, happy and home. I can’t give you any details to protect their privacy, except that she is a beautiful little girl with lots of dark hair and we are in love already. Grandma can’t wait to get her in my arms soon. I just FaceTimed with them and was able to see our little one sound asleep in her daddy’s arms. Aren’t grandbabies the best?💜

The cross-stitch sampler is almost finished. Just the border and a few details to add in the middle before I frame it. I especially like the monkey, but I think all of the animals are cute. As always, the outlining seems to have taken forever.

We found out last week that our oldest granddaughter who will be 17 in just a few weeks, was Prom Princess. She is a junior this year and that is the highest grade in their high school. The school was just built and her class was the first freshman class for the school. So they are always the oldest kids in the school! So it sort of made her prom queen didn’t it? 😂 She was absolutely gorgeous.

Her little brother chose to take part in a freestyle snowboarding event that weekend instead of going to prom. He took fourth place! We are very proud of him too. He’s just one year younger. They prefer to keep their privacy, so I rarely post photos of them online. They are our Montana grandkids and it’s hard to believe that she will graduate next year and that they are both driving already! I’m very grateful for the fact that they both have cell phones and are able to text grandpa and I often. thank goodness for technology when most of your children and grandchildren live so far away.

These socks have been my take a long project to Bible study and church for the past month or so. I was holding my breath to make sure I didn’t run out of yarn. It was so close I couldn’t even make them matchey-matchey. I think they’re close enough though, that the recipient won’t care. I do believe that Paton’s is definitely cutting their skeins a little short. I should have weighed the yarn first. I didn’t make the legs quite as long as normal and I barely had enough yarn left to kitchener the toes. One skein had about 3 inches of yarn left over and the other one had about six. That’s too close for comfort! I do like the pattern that the yarn made though, don’t you? These will go into the gift box for Christmas.

I hung up my spring garland in hopes that spring will arrive someday! You can see Zoey‘s playpen there in front. Both she and Lizzie love that thing. We never close the door, but they run in and out of it and it’s like a hamster wheel for them. They tumble over and over and around the room. I’ve been trying to catch a video of it for you but they’re just too fast. It’s like having a toddler in the house. There are always toys strewn around the floor in the family room. I love it! She makes us smile multiple times a day.

Dennis is officially retired as of yesterday. We spent the day busy picking up lawn fertilizer for mom, us and Mandy and Brad. Then Dennis had to get his phone switched over, but before anything, we went out to breakfast. That was the one thing he wanted to do to celebrate.

Mandy and Brad had us over on Saturday night for dinner to celebrate!. We had raclette. I have no idea if that is spelled right. It’s an electric contraption with granite on the top and eight trays, about 3“ x 4”, with handles that slide underneath the granite onto a heated grill surface. You can have whatever toppings you like. We had polish sausage cubes, summer sausage, corn, pineapple, bacon, onions, potato cubes, and three different cheeses. You put whatever you want in your little tray and then slide it in to heat up. When the cheese melts, you know it’s done. It is so delicious. I think it’s originally from Switzerland but it could be Germany. I’m not sure. I should have taken a photo for you. Next time we have it I will try to remember.

As always I’m remembering the people of the Ukraine in my prayers. Also my sweet blog friend Vicki and her husband have been very, very sick for a while. Please keep them in your prayers too. She has the blog “Stitchy McFloss” over on my side bar. There have also been several of you having surgery in the past few weeks. Please know that I’m praying for each of you too. Some are grieving losses of people who meant the world to them. Life throws a lot at us sometimes doesn’t it? I’m so glad to know that the Lord is always there, willing to listen to our hearts and the concern we have for others.

I’m wishing you all a wonderful Tuesday and I’ll see you all again soon.

Blessings and hugs,
Betsy 

24 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new granddaughter! The sampler is sweet and will be treasured. I know Dennis will enjoy his retirement as will you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear the baby arrived safely and that everyone is doing well. Can't wait for you and Dennis to fly across the pond and wrap your arms around her! The socks look great. I almost always weigh yarn prior to starting a project. And different yarns knit up differently. But, that pair seems to have turned out nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new grandchild! I see lots of girly projects in your future. That sampler will be a treasured keeper! Love your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I can't believe how fast you got that stitching done. I suppose you were racing the stork. I had no idea the baby was due so soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. FELICIDADES ABUELITA, QUE HERMOSA BENDICION¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ ME ENCANTAN TUS MEDIAS, SE VEN MUY CALENTITAS, GRACIAS POR PASAR POR MI BLOG. BENDICIONES¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful that your grand girl is here happy and healthy!! Congratulations to all! What a blessing! Congrats to Dennis on his retirement! Let the fun begin! Please add Bob to your prayers, he is Andy's Dad and just went on hospice. So sad. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on being a grandma again. I know you can't wait to hold your new little one. The birth sampler you made is adorable. I think the lion is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

  8. CONGRATULATIONS GRANNY, WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BLESSING¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ I LOVE YOUR SOCKS, THEY LOOK VERY WARM, THANKS FOR STOPPING BY MY BLOG. BLESSINGS¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the safe arrival of that little one that we've all been waiting for along with you. And congrats also to Dennis on his retirement. Life will be even busier for you now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Betsy, that sampler just could not be any cuter. I love it. Love your Spring garland too....looks like the trucks are driving right on it! :) I will have to look up raclette and see what that's all about! Congrats on the new grandbaby...she sounds so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to all of your family on the new baby granddaughter! Congrats also to your oldest granddaughter and MT grandson :) The baby sampler keeps getting cuter and cuter!
    Peace,
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Gramma! A sweet baby girl!!! So happy for all of you. I know you can't wait to old this little one in your arms. The sampler is just adorable. What a special gift for her! Sounds like you have some more special grandchildren to be proud of! A junior in high school. I bet her birth seems like yesterday, too. Aren't grandchildren the best? That was a tight squeeze on the socks.

    Congratulations to Dennis on retirement! Now that we are both retired, we wonder how we ever had time to work! We are more busy now than before. It will be so wonderful that you can spend more time together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on the prom princess 👸 ... the snowboarder 🏂🏼 ... and the newest grandbaby 👶
    .
    I like the giraffe the best - my favorite animal! It will sure look wonderful once it's framed! Anxious to see it then!
    .
    I don't see any difference between the socks, but then I'm not a knitter either lol. I like them!
    .
    Hugs and blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A new baby granddaughter. Bet you can't wait to hold her. Congratulations! Your grandchildren all sound special. Hope miss Piper is well and happy, as always. The baby sampler is so pretty. You do such beautiful work. Like my Mother did embroidering. She just had that touch. My embroidered pieces never turned out as pretty as her's. Congratulations to Dennis on his retirement. That is so neat.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad the new arrival landed safely! Your stitching looks wonderful!!!! That's a lot of work!
    Fantastic socks. I just finished up one sock in Kroy and have to cast on for the
    second. Luckily the recipient has size 6 feet, so there's no worries of running out.
    I love your garland. I want to start making little things like that for our house. My first plan is a wreath for each month of the year for the front door. The side door will get a quilted hanging. When we get the dining room done, I want to make a table runner or place mats for each month of the year! Lol. I got a lot of plans and not enough time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very exciting to hear about your new granddaughter! I know you look forward to holding her very soon. The sampler is coming along great--good job. Congratulations to Dennis for his retirement; the two of you are going to thoroughly enjoy this next chapter of your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on your new granddaughter! The sampler is so cute. I always hated doing the outlining but it really does make a difference and when it was all said and done I was glad that I did it. Congratulations to Dennis on his retirement. I can't wait to see what adventures you will have now! Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on a new granddaughter, grandma 👵 Betsy!! I enjoyed story of your older ones too. I need to get out bed and get ready for work including a few things done at home. 🏡 have a good week my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on the sweet new granddaughter! Babies are always blessings from the Lord. Yay on Mr. Dennis being totally retired now. That is so wonderful. Now you two can spend your time visiting all the sweet grandchildren. Wishing you a day full of many blessings sweet friend. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  20. Grandma Betsy

    Im in awe of that dar1ing baby gir1 . HOPE THE Happy new baby fee1ing 1asts a 11ong time!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Betsy, Congratulations on the new grandbaby and on Dennis retirement! I don't know how you manage to get so much done and continue to post often. I am back blogging but once a week keeps me busy. Our dogs are sure a lot of comfort. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  22. How wonderful Betsy! What a blessing! Congratulations to you and Dennis. I am sure you just can't wait to meet and hold her. The baby sampler is looking really good and so very neatly done. I love the giraffe :-). It is wonderful to hear your other grandchildren are doing so well. I am sure you will be off and away soon, now that Dennis is retired, visiting all your grandchildren. Enjoy! Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  23. The sampler is adorable and a lot of work. I sure don't have the patience for long term projects anymore. The socks look great, too. Congrats on the newest addition to the family and on Dennis' retirement.

    ReplyDelete