Monday, August 23, 2021

More fun!

Continuing on with our trip in and around London, we had a wonderful time visiting with good friends Lorraine and Gerard. Lorraine has the blog “Mamas Mercantile” that is over on my sidebar. They live on the Isle of Lewis and were gracious enough to come all the way to London to spend the day with Dennis and I! My goodness, it was as if we had known each other all of our lives. We spent hours and hours together and the time just flew by. We had tea in a little shop in Saint Pancras station, then walked over to Kings Cross station to the Harry Potter store to buy some souvenirs for family. After that we had lunch at a wonderful Italian restaurant and just sat and visited for hours until it was time for them to catch the train. They told us of a cottage for sale next-door to them on the island that I think I would love to live in. Lorraine tried to bribe Dennis to move there, with some of her home baked treats. I think it almost worked! It was amazing how much we all had in common with each other. I honestly love all of my blog sisters. What a great time we have when we are finally able to meet.
Here is a photo of Lorraine and I together. I’m sitting down and she’s standing up. She is so tiny and I’m such a giraffe of a person!

We spent a lot of time laughing and sharing our lives.

Here we are just before we had to say goodbye, trying to do a selfie. As you can tell I’m not the best at them. I’m sure you will see more photos on Lorraine‘s blog when they return home. I think our guys became pretty good friends to in those few hours too.

Look at the amazing gifts that Lorraine brought for us. She made me a bag with scenes from London on it, along with a lot of goodies from Scotland. She also gave us a jar of jam that was confiscated by security. I sure hope someone enjoyed it.🀷‍♀️

This is Saint Pancras station where their train into London arrived and departed. We had lunch at a restaurant here in the station.

And, this is the reason we went to London to begin with. Our son Alex and new daughter Tara were finally able to get married! Look at this handsome guy! Aren’t I lucky?

And the equally handsome groom!

In the black cab on the way to the wedding.
And here we are! There were only 9 of us at the wedding itself. But we were able to Zoom with Jamie, Mandy and Piper so the entire immediate families could be there.

Our son Jamie, Mandy and Piper.

They got dressed up to attend the festivities. It was pretty early in the morning for them back here in the US. One of Piper‘s babies even attended!πŸ’œ

I love this photo of my two guys in the back garden.

The kids had to postpone their wedding plans last year because of Covid and this year they could only get married in the registrars office with 10 or less people attending. The registrar made the wedding very personal and they wrote their own vows to each other. Tara‘s mother and I each did a reading during the wedding. It was wonderful! We were so thankful that we were able to be there, even though there  were a lot of hoops to jump through with testing and travel, etc.  We’re still hoping that they will be able to have a big wedding next year, with all of their friends and entire families in attendance. Covid has sure caused a lot of problems hasn’t it? We had a lovely time though, and filled the entire weekend with wedding festivities. 

We couldn’t ask for a sweeter daughter-in-law and family. We truly believe and feel that we have become one family with hers. We adore her parents, her sister and brother-in-law and her little nephew. They made us feel so welcome and like we were part of the family already. It makes life so much easier when the families get along, doesn’t it? We are looking forward to going back in the spring next year if travel allows. 

Well I guess that’s enough for one post isn’t it? I’m sorry there are no photos of Tara. Her position at work doesn’t allow for me to post photos on social media. I hope you all understand. Rest assured, she is absolutely gorgeous, inside and out. We love her dearly already.

I hope you all have a wonderful week. Dennis and I are zooming off again on Wednesday. This time we’re flying to Spokane for several days. He has to be there for work and I am missing our friends something terrible, so I’m tagging along. We are so lucky to have a great housesitters here to allow us to do that. The young man, (13 year old), across the street is thrilled to be able to mow the grass again for us! He likes to make some money and he does a fantastic job too. He trimmed, edged and mowed both Moms and our yards twice while we were on our trip.

Blessings and hugs, 
Betsy

26 comments:

  1. What a joyful post.

    Best wishes to Tara and Alex. Yes, you have very, very handsome men in your life.

    The icing on the cake is meeting a new friend. Glad you had such a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - do you know how far and for how long your lovely friends Lorraine and her Gerard travelled to meet up with you?! My Aunt lived on the Isle of Lewis and it's not exactly a hop, skip and jump down to even England from there let alone right down to London. What a lovely couple to do that and I now need to read the rest of your adventure here in England. So lovely to read about the wedding - happy times ahead!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Tara and Alex! I’m happy that technology allowed Jamie, Mandy and Piper to “attend” the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful that you could meet up with Lorraine and Gerard. Great friends are made through blogging, that's for sure.
    Wonderful too that you could be there for your son's wedding.
    I love the picture of you and Dennis. You make a great looking couple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now this is a perfect post! The 'new' friend you met; the wedding! Absolutely amazing trip, wasn't it?!?!?!? So happy for you. Hope the next trip is a bit easier on you as far as red-tape! lol Be safe! The poster looks great at the end of your blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! Congratulations to Tara and Alex!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy to know that Alex and Tara are finally married. God bless them both as they start their new life together. So happy for you to meet up with Lorraine and Gerard. She's such a fun blog friend. I like what she gave you. Nice bag she made. I'm getting things ready for our trip this week. So excited to go fly to Alaska. Looks like its cool and a bit of rain in Anchorage this week. Have a safe and fun trip back to Spokane. Hugs and blessings my friend. ❤πŸ™πŸŒΉ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Your men look so handsome! Your dress and shawl are just perfect!! So nice that you could be there for the wedding! How wonderful to meet a blog friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to your son Alex and his new bride Tara! May they have many joy filled years together! What a treat also to meet one of your international blog friends. Very neat bag and other gifts. Enjoy your trip to the PNW—weather is a lot more enjoyable now then it was, although we badly need real rain...
    Be safe!
    Blessings, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful and happy post! First connecting with your blog friend. It sounds like a wonderful day for all of you! She seems like a very sweet, kind friend. And then the wedding - so wonderful the registrar made it so personal and wonderful. Such a handsome groom. And his parents look absolutely wonderful! The picture of you two looks like a professional portrait! Such a special trip and wonderful getaway. I am so glad you were all able to make it work out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Halelujah! Finally married! ✨❤️ Congratulations to Alex and Tara! ❤️✨ May they be blessed with many happy years together! (Totally understand about no photos of Tara... I have family members and friends who cannot have or don't want their photos online either.) // How fun to meet a blog friend in person! Love the cute bag she made for you. Mmm, yummy goodies, too! // Have a great trip to Spokane and enjoy your time there, too!! Love and blessings to you, my friend!! ❤️πŸ™

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what a fun blog today...love hearing all about the wedding and don't the guys look dapper! Sad we can't see Tara, but maybe someday! Fun to see your blog friend and her hubby too. You always post awesome pics! You always have great energy for travel....good for you. Wish I did!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations to your son and Tara! You are so lucky Betsy! Thrice over I would say. Lucky to have such handsome men in your life,lucky to be able to travel to the UK for the wedding and lucky to have met Lorraine. I can see you both had a marvellous time there. keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amen dear Betsy LOVE YOUR VERSE TODAY.

    And yes how much He has blessed and given cause to you all for much thanksgiving indeed. Always look fir the silver lining remember Pollyanna did you read her when young?

    I’m soooo happy for Alex to be married and seeing the things I knew well in London my nephew lived in Caledonian Rd right near Kings Cross, I often walked near St Pancreas too as British Library is right along from there.
    … and I loved the manuscript room, they had a Magna Carta and original of things like Jungle Dr and astounding calligraphy illuminations from centuries ago.
    Drrrrooool!

    Must get to bed. Night. Praying you’re over those colds too. Sorry that probably worn out bodies succumbed.
    Thanks for Sharing, God bless and keep you safe, and all those you love, pray hugs hugs Shaz in Oz.x

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}



    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful! I love that the video attendees got dressed up too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Betsy, I love this post! Yes, you do have two handsome men! I also love the wonderful picture of you and Dennis. can't get over the fact that Lorraine and Gerard met you in London. They do seem like the nicest people. Lorraine is amazing at sewing, making gifts, and cooking. Sorry you lost you jar of jam. Wonder if someone will eat it? :) How sweet that Mandy and Piper got all dressed up for the wedding. Aren't they both beautiful! I didn't realize Jamie is your son, another handsome son! I thought Mandy was your daughter. Anyhow, what a special post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That was the trip of a lifetime! Your guys are both very handsome. I was disappointed not to be able to see the bride and her family. That was so nice that Piper and her family were able to attend and dressed up at that! You have a beautiful family! Have fun on your trip to WA!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations!!! I love weddings so much. You all looks so happy and so beautiful and that is so rare these days. Everyone every where seems to be so miserable right now. Your shawl is gorgeous. It so nice to have an occasion where we can get out the fancy knits.

    ReplyDelete
  19. First a visit with Lorraine and Gerald and then a wedding! Wow you can keep a secret my friend. I am so thrilled for all of you. Such wonderful times when your son or daughter finds the perfect person to spend their lives with. You all look beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, how wonderful! I can just see the happiness on your faces and am so thankful you were able to go see your dear son get married. God is SO good, in spite of all the bad in our world. It looks like you had a wonderful time meeting your blogging friend and spending the day together, too! So thankful for all God's blessings upon you, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, my! I had a whole comment typed out, and I think I lost it. If this comes through twice, I am so sorry. I am just so happy for you and Dennis and that you got to be there with your son on his wedding day. God is so good! May He continue to bless you and your family, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello!
    Great post. I really like your blog, it's interesting and inspiring! I will be happy to come to read more entries :)
    I wish you all the best!
    Greetings from Poland!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh The wedding! I just adored seeing these photos Betsy! How terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Betsy so wonderful to catch up with you again, it was a joy to meet up with you and Dennis. It as as if we had known each other all our lives, we have so much in common. The photo of you and Dennis dressed for the wedding is a delight and the shawl a real inspiration it was beautiful. So sorry about the jam I didn't think about customs. I will catch up with you soon.
    PS the house next door is still up for sale...lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful celebrations with Lorraine and Gerard and then the long anticipated wedding...so great that those far away were able to attend as well via the internet! Lorraine joins the line of us who want you to live next door!πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ™

    ReplyDelete