Friday, May 28, 2021

Last Day of School

Happy Saturday to you all! I tried to do this post yesterday, but Blogger would not let me upload any photos and as you will find out, this is a very photo heavy post. Guess who had their last day of school? If you guessed Piper, you would be right! Thursday was her last day of second grade. This is the poster that her teacher made for her.

And here she is heading out the door for her last day of school.

I was there to pick her up right after school got out and she came home to stay with me Thursday night and Friday night since Mandy had to work.  Mandy came over to mow our yards this morning and stole my little girl back! Oh, we had a grand time. As you’ll see by the photo below, she painted my fingernails. I think it was only her second time ever painting nails and she did a great job. After some shopping Friday morning, Great-grandma came over Friday afternoon and we played several games of Rummikub. For dinner I made spaghetti and meatballs and the three of us enjoyed laughing our way through dinner together.

On Friday afternoon our pod was delivered to Larry and Nita‘s driveway in Spokane. Look at this contraption that the driver used a remote control with, to maneuver it into place. Pretty nifty.
Here’s Larry inside to give you an idea of how big it is. You would never guess that he just had brain surgery on Monday would you? He’s doing very well.

The moving crew showed up this morning at our storage unit and within an hour had everything moved over to the pod and packed! An hour!! You can sure tell that this crew has worked together before!

Here’s the entire crew from left to right. Hayden, Jeremy, Alicia. The back row from the left is Kale, Paul, Dennis and Neal.  Paul, Dennis and Neal used to be on the moving crew for church. I can’t even begin to tell you how many people we have moved. These guys are almost professional packers. They literally cleaned out our 12 x 20‘ storage unit and packed it into this pod in one hour with room to spare. The pod will arrive here on June 8. Guess who gets to unpack it? I’m sure I can get my sister Melanie and Mandy to help me.

While these guys were working their fingers to the bone, guess what Miss Piper and I were doing this morning? We went with Melanie and Chaela to get our toes done! Silly me did not get pictures of Piper‘s completed toes. She had watermelon’s painted on them! Every other toe was green and red. Her big toe had a slice of watermelon complete with seeds and the rind. They were so cute. She was thrilled to be able to sit in the big girl chair.

I was surprised this week with a package in the mail from Amanda, who has the CraftyInTheMed blog over on my side bar. Amanda lives in Alicante, Spain and she sent me this beautiful, beautiful medallion as a housewarming gift.  It is a reminder of the ocean that she sees from her home. It has many of my favorite colors on it and the cutest little fish and beads at the bottom.

I wish I could get a clearer picture of the fish with my camera, but he has the cutest little face. I have this beautiful gift hanging in my craft area. As soon as I have the area cleaned up a little bit once I get the rest of my things, I will take you on a tour. Amanda, I can’t thank you enough for your thoughtful generosity. This fits perfectly in our new home. Thank you so much.

I did get the furniture for the living room this week so my next post I will have pictures of that to show you. It is so comfortable and I’m so happy we got it.

I hope you are all doing well. Although I am missing all of our friends in Spokane so much that my heart literally hurts sometimes, I also am absolutely loving being close to Piper and her mommy and the rest of our family. Have you ever felt like your heart was being pulled in two directions at once? That would be me.

I saw this picture on Facebook late one night when I couldn’t sleep and I wanted to share it with you. These are some of my favorite all-time hymns and I sure miss the fact that most churches don’t sing them anymore. Have a wonderful week everyone.

Blessings and love, 
Betsy

21 comments:

  1. High Five to Miss Piper! I bet her watermelon pedicure is adorable. I think I recognize the sweater you knit for her. ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Betsy such a beautiful post! Yes, I am always feeling that pull; I left my parents and sister behind in NY plus my church family of 30 years. I know what you are feeling but you will grow roots where you are, I know you will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting things happening for you! Congratulations to Piper on graduating from second grade. My granddaughter will finish up the second grade in June! That pod is huge! Sounds like you had some great packers. A watermelon pedicure sounds delightful and fun. The gift from Amanda is beautiful, such a thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice photos of Miss Piper. Glad the pod is packed and ready to come your way. Nice ocean fishy gift your friend sent you. I was able to get strawberries and plants from Baumans. Warm day and into next week. Take care my friend. I miss your comments. Hugs and blessings. ๐ŸŒน๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธhave a good weekend!!!...Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you've been having a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your time with Piper and Mandy will be treasured! I hope you get to visit your old friends this summer! I think you are homesick! It will get better when Dennis gets to Omaha for good! :) Nice work on packing that pod!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to Miss Piper on completing second grade. Now it really will feel like summer. The 2 of you sure have some good times.
    The Medallion house warming gift is so beautiful.
    She did a great job painting your nails. You have lovely hands.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Old Rugged Cross reminds me of my great grandmother. She loved that one.
    School isn't out here until the 18th of June. I can't imagine. Those teachers must be going crazy.
    That gift is just gorgeous. It reminds me of a happy dream catcher.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tthank you for the mention Betsy :-) So very glad that the Mandala "Midday sun in the Med! reached you safely. I am amazed that none of the sparkly bits or the glass fish got broke en route. I am looking forward to the tour of your Craft room:-) Wonderful that Piper has completed 2nd Grade and now you will have lots of time to have fun together and also with your family. keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah love Amanda and her blog and her work is great too, well done, Betsy! How kind she is! Isn’t Piper growing up so quickly next is third class. Here that’s primary school 3,4,5,6. Then high school for years 7 -12. And Kindergarten to 2nd class is Infants school. I taught Infants in state system but from K to 6 in Christian schools. I am sure her teacher had fun doing those name sheets for all her students. It’s tricky.

    Lovely pod crew moving work, maybe they need to come along for the pod unloading too. Is Dennis bringing it across. I guess so. Pray Harry keeps recovering well.
    Thanks for Sharing, God bless and keep you safe, and all those you love, hugs Shaz in Oz.x

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trucking company will pick the POD up on Tuesday and will brink it here on the 8th or 9th of June. They load it back on a truck using the same machine. I think they are actually put onto train cars!
      Blssings,
      Betsy

      Delete
  11. PS agree with you on that choice hymn selection too. ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  12. Certainly looks like you are having fun with your girls Betsy! What a lovely gift you received.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing some of your latest news, Betsy! Piper did a great job painting your nails and from your good description I can imagine how cute her toes look. Amanda's housewarming gift to you is lovely; and I am so glad Dennis was part of such a great crew packing your Pod...praying you will have good help on your end of the move unpacking. We were really grateful for the Pods we used on our last move and were fascinated by the contraption used to move them as well. You can download an App from Family Radio and listen to beautiful versions of some of our favorite hymns. ๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿค—

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to Piper Betsy, that is big news! We have 7 1/2 more days until the end of the year and I can say officially I am over all of it. We started 2 weeks late due to Covid, but it seems like a lifetime ago. Your house is looking wonderful and I am so glad you are near your beautiful family once more. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you love hymns, you would love this Canadian girl's weekly hymn. Comes out every Sunday on Youtube & facebook. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fchL50mb5lo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hooray for a well oiled machine that can work a POD!!!!! I am so happy you and your mother and Piper had generational fun !!! Mandy must LOVE having you home! It is hard when your heart is torn in two geographic directions and two emotional ones. You'll adjust. You know you wanted this. It just takes Time! All in God's time

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those pods are the greatest things! I've helped move a few folks using those, they really hold so much and easily packed.My goodness, your belongings and Dennis (does he count as a "belonging" for you? ๐Ÿ˜†) will be there in just a little more time! I bet you're excited for that time to get here soon!! // What a lovely color for your nails, and Piper did such a wonderful job! CONGRATULATIONS to Piper for finishing second grade! Woot! I love her cute pink dress and shoes - very pretty young lady! // Wow!! That medallion is absolutely stunning! Amanda is so talented!! // Hugs and love and blessings to you, Betsy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I love those hymms too! Piper looked so cute in her pink outfit and I love the shoes! She did a great job on your nails and I'm so glad that Dennis had such great helpers! Your gift from your friend in Spain is beautiful! It is amazing that your friend is doing so well after brain surgery but it was that way with my eye surgeries too. It is really the best kind of surgery to have as you are still ambulatory and not in any pain. I'm sure you miss your friends as you had many. Hopefully you can go back and visit or at least Zoom together or something. enjoy your summer with Piper!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Piper is such a cutie. Bet she is a good student and the teachers enjoy teaching her. She did a great job on your nails. Such a hard working group there. Does Dennis ever get tired?? You both are such hard working, busy people. I love the old hymns too. They just can't be replaced. Can't wait to see your living room all finished.

    ReplyDelete