Monday, September 21, 2020

Blue skies, smiling at me!

Good morning to everyone. I hope your Monday morning is going well.

We had a bit of rain on Saturday night and it scoured out the skies. For the first time in almost 2 weeks, we woke up to this! Our air quality was finally in the “moderate” range. This morning it’s in the “good” range. Hallelujah! It feels so wonderful to be able to breathe while outside.

I am making Piper a sweater for her birthday next week. I have made these same sweaters for her since she was in a size 2–3T. This one is an 8-9. The last ones I made her, the sleeves now go up to her elbows and she still wears them!  She is definitely knit-worthy. She loves everything I make her. I also have the yarn to make her a pink one and a red one too.

Sorry about the lighting but I took this at 5:30 this morning. I have the back completed and the left front and I’m almost finished with the other front side. Just the sleeves and the neck/button band left to go on this one.  I started it on Friday so I think I’m making good progress.

While Dennis was in Omaha last week Piper decided he needed to visit the dentist. Although he doesn’t look thrilled, he said he was having a great time playing with her. Notice the crown on his head! I think everybody should get a crown at the dentist and a hug like this would be nice too, especially if the dentist was as cute as this one. She most definitely loves her Papa.

Alex flew from London to Tokyo last Tuesday and sent us this photo of the inside of his plane. Notice how empty it is. That would have never happened before Covid. Now it was a relief for me to see how far away he was from other people.

I thought I would show you some of my fall decorating around the trailer. This first one isn’t really for fall as it stays up all of the time, but I do like it. This is just inside the door.  I made the cross stitch about 35 years ago and it has hung in all of our various homes.

My beautiful fall angel hangs right outside the front door, well the only door, on the slide. I used a command hook that is designed for the shower to hang it. I thought that way it would be able to withstand rain.

Some autumn color in the old camping coffee pot we used to heat water in when we tent camped.



The view from closer to the road.

Having familiar items that we have had around us in our house and flowers definitely makes this place feel home here. So far I am very content in my little trailer and not missing the house at all.

Larry and Nita decided on the spur of the moment to leave yesterday to go to the Black Hills and see Mount Rushmore. In all their travels around the world they have never been to Mount Rushmore and it was on their bucket list. We have seen it dozens of times and gave them a list of other things fun to do in the area. So we have Sophie staying with us this week.  She is very familiar with the inside of the trailer because of the lake, but she can’t figure out why it’s not in the same spot! Every time we go outside she looks around like, where am I?

It’s 49° this morning and I haven’t turned the heat on so both Sophie and Chloe are snuggled up in the bed with me as I type this.   They love these fleece blankets and so I lay them down on the cold mornings because they seem to be warmer for them to cuddle in.  Happy and content girls.  A bit spoiled too.😍

Eventually though, I’m going to need to get up and out of the warm bed and start my day. I have a small grocery pick up this morning and I need to find another skein of white yarn for the sweater. I don’t think I’m going to have enough for both sleeves. It’s amazing how much more yarn the bigger sweaters take than the little bitty ones I used to make for her! I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Blessings and love,
Betsy


20 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you keep making sweaters for Piper! You knit so fast!! How nice to have dog company!! Your skies look great hope they stay that way...we have smoke this morning but it is supposed to clear out this afternoon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little corner of the world looks wonderful, especially the blue sky. That’s not happening here as a big fire is roaring in the mountains west of Laramie. It continues to grow and spew smoke over the region.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As soon as I saw those flowers, I knew you had made the place your own. I love the special touches you have added to make it a lovely home. I am so glad you are happy there. The sweater is coming along nicely. Can't wait to see your finish. The blue skies are really nice to see again there. Wishing you a most lovely day sweet friend. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for blue skies. Ours are back too. We had a haze for a few days all the way across the country. That cross stitch is adorable. I had some I used to always have hanging that I made when the kids were little and then in our move the mice got them.
    It's always good to see Piper. I can't believe how fast she has grown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have certainly made your little trailer cosy and made it home. I am thrilled you are settled and happy. I just loved the photo of Dennis wearing the crown, he is so good with Miss Piper. Your knitting needles must be on fire Betsy you knit so quickly. Take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad our air quality has improved too and we have a sky that looks much like yours today. I don't even mind that the forecast for the rest of the week is for showers. I will walk in showers but not bad air.
    Love that Piper keeps wanting the same style of sweater as she gets bigger. That is so sweet.
    I also love your sampler and the Autumn angel hanging on the door. You've made your home look especially lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can count how big Piper is getting by how many more skeins of yarn you have to buy. LOL

    I love that she loves her hand knits.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That little sweater looks so cute - what pattern is it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you have blue skies and good air! Your camper looks so festive and cozy. You are a very fast knitter... it would take me a looooong time to knit that sweater! I love that Piper likes having the same sweater as she grows, that is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dennis is absolutely the BEST Papa/patient EVER! LOL! I think it would be awesome if all patients got a crown from their dentists/doctors. Your trailer autumn decor is mahhhhhhvelous! I especially like the welcome leaves outdoors, but everything is so wonderful - and the angel is so sweet! The sampler is so beautiful - you always do such great work on everything you make, Betsy! You are truly gifted. Piper ia going to love that sweater! Thank gooness for clearing and rain, eh! (Oddly enough, we're still dealing with the smoke here.) Hugs and blessings to you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for welcoming us into your lovely home, dear Betsy. Hallelujah for your fresh air! So interesting to see the interior of the plane on Alex's flight. And fun to see Papa being such a good dental patient for Dentist Piper. I'm glad your furry friends are content, and I marvel at your latest beautiful knitting! Elisabeth and Gary are back home and the smoke has cleared from the nearby fires. They have removed my old failing washer and dryer in prep for a new set to be delivered this Friday. Elisabeth has been putting down new floor tiles and painting the laundry room for me and I am so grateful for her/their loving help! πŸ’œπŸ™

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you are having a blue sky day. The smoke came back a bit today which is a bummer after some clear days. But rain is supposed to come on Wed. so it might clean it up for us again. Piper is so lucky to have you for a grandma. But it's also wonderful that she appreciates the things you make so much. I asked my grandson if he still has the Angry Bird I made for him and he said.. I don't know! What??? Argh!!! But Kristi said he still had it. I've also crocheted hats for both boys and never saw them wear them even once. So.. count your blessings. I think the RV park you found is one of the nicest I've seen. So much greenery and hominess. Enjoy your week, my friend. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for blue skies Betsy!! So glad you can go outside again. Those dogs look so cute snuggling on the bed. And gosh Piper is getting big!! Cute picture of her and Dennis.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad the smoke cleared out! What a beautiful sweater, Piper is so lucky to have a grandma like you! Your Fall decorations are so pretty and I bet it does feel like home with them around. You're lucky to have such sweet companions too. Dennis is a good sport! Enjoy your clear air!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Betsy, I am so proud of you. You are adjusting so well to a new situation that came about t quickly!!! I know your prayerfulness brings you strength. Piper is such a joy. I love that you are making her birthday sweater! I agree with Teresa, the RV park you call home for now is just lovely. Hope you back is behaving for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We have noticed a haze up in northern Mn and they say its because of the fires in Ca. and Or. I don't miss the fear of those fire surrounding us. Loving the cooler weather here in Northern Mn., and the fall colors are the best I have ever seen in all the places we have lived.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I imagine that must be strange for the dogs to still be in the same "house" but find things so different when they go outside! I never thought of that or how it would affect them. I am so thankful to hear you are content in your home and not missing your old home. That is further confirmation that you absolutely did the right thing - as my dear husband tells me often, do what brings you peace. For if our decisions bring us peace, we know we are in the center of God's will. You have everything fixed up so pretty and homey and cozy. So nice to visit with you this morning and thankful Dennis is home safe with you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a spectacular view! yay for blue skies! I like to start the day slow with pets in bed! Good for you! Your home is beautiful....you've done a great job of making it very homey!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sophie, Can come live with me. She'd love walking along the shore of Lake Erie.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now that looks so much better!!! I call that a lovely blue healthy sky and its breathable again...wonderful!! I adore the photo of Piper with her Grandpa. It is evident she was thrilled to see him and I think Grandpa was too. I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing all your Autumn decor those special things that makes home a home...it looks so cosy. Many thanks for your comments on my blog. I always look out for for them as I enjoy hearing from you so much :-) Stay safe Amanda x

    ReplyDelete