Monday, June 17, 2019

Hazy Monday

Well, the weather app on my phone says it’s sunny but this is my view as I’m sitting at the lake right now. It’s a bit hazy and I’m not sure why. There are probably fires burning not too far away, but I haven’t watched the news in days. I must say I don’t miss it either!

The flowers are doing wonderfully here this summer.

It has just started getting hot though, so will have to be sure and keep up on the watering.

Yesterday the park was crazy busy when we got here after church. I think everyone had their entire families out for barbecues for Father’s Day. Today though, it’s just me and about 10 other people in the park. I’m loving the quiet. Dennis has a meeting late this evening so Chloe and I will be staying here by ourselves tonight. And I need to go home tomorrow. We’re having a tree taken down on Thursday.  It breaks my heart to have to do it because it’s a beautiful tree, but although we have it pruned almost every year it has still grown too big for the area. The landscapers that planted it were not very wise in their placement.  I will try to take a picture of it when I go home tomorrow if I remember.

Look what our friend Paul gave me yesterday. His stepfather just passed away a few months ago and they are cleaning out his basement. These four knitting magazines were in the garbage bin and he pulled them out thinking I would like them. They were published in 1943 and 1944!  I had so much fun looking through them. I will definitely be adding them to my collection. Everything is still very much the same, except for the brands of yarn that are recommended.

Now this is a terrible picture of me and I didn’t even know it was being taken at the time, but I just had to share with you what I got to do one day last week.   Meet Luke!

One of the new Mom’s from our church was in our area running errands when the baby decided he needed fed. Right now! She called to see if I was home and asked if she could come over to feed and change the baby. She does not like using public bathrooms if it all possible. I said of course, as long as I get to have my chance at holding him. This is little Luke. He was adopted by Mike and Kim. I even got to feed him his bottle. 

Do you know what is amazing to me?  Even though little Luke is adopted, he has only had two bottles of formula in his seven weeks of life. Kim gets breast milk that is donated to a co-op here. He has had the same mothers milk since the day after he was born! This particular mother also has a four-month-old of her own and she produces a lot of milk. I think this is wonderful. We all know that breastmilk is so much better for these little ones and now even adopted babies are able to have this little boost in life.

I loved rocking him and feeding him. It’s been a while since I’ve been able to snuggle with a little newborn.  I think it’s a Grandma thing. Kim couldn’t believe how he snuggled right down as if he belonged there.  I like knowing that people realize they are always welcome at our house no matter what time of the day or night and they can always call and come right over.

These are the chairs I ended up buying for under our deck last week. After going to six different stores I found these at the “Home Store.”  Dennis and I went back that evening so he could look at them and bring them home in his truck.  As you can see they have footstools and the backs recline way back. The little end table came with them too. We had a good time putting them together Monday evening.  Mine has pillows but Dennis didn’t want any.

Tuesday we invited Neal and Jenny over for dinner after work and I grilled pork chops and made potato salad and deviled eggs and a big green salad with apple pie and vanilla ice cream for dessert. We ate outside and then sat on these chairs and relaxed. Well Jenny and I got the recliners and the guys sat in the other chairs! Dennis also strung rope lights up under the deck so it’s very cozy in the evenings.

I finished one sock and have another one done through the heel flap. I plan to get the rest of the heel turning done this afternoon and then it won’t take long at all to finish.

I’m using Knit Picks Felici yarn in the Dockside colorway. I’m also using the free Hermione pattern.

Here’s our precious Miss Piper all ready for her dress rehearsal for her dance recital which was at the Orpheum Theater on Saturday morning. It broke my heart to miss it, but maybe I will be able to be at the next one.

The neurologists office called me on Friday and scheduled me for my next Botox shot in the middle of August. Unless the spasms return, the plan is to do the shots every three months. I cannot tell you how thrilled I am with the results of the first one. I even set up my sewing machine on Thursday and sewed a new dress for the first time in almost 3 years!  I am hoping to start doing some flying to visit family soon, but first we need to get some of these medical bills paid off. This is been a very expensive endeavor let me tell you.  

Alex FaceTimed with us for a couple of hours on Saturday and he’s going to be able to be home for Thanksgiving this year. He already has his plane tickets! We will have all of our children home together for the first time in six years! Can I just tell you how happy that makes this Mama‘s heart? Oh, how I miss having us all together in one place. Where I can actually touch them and not just see their pictures on my phone or iPad. I think it’s a Mom thing!

I hope you are all having a wonderful Monday and I think I’m all caught up on your blog posts now. I hope I haven’t missed any of you.

“I lift my eyes to the mountains, where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of Heaven and Earth. He will not let your foot slip-He who watches over you will not slumber.”  Psalm 121:1-3

I have shared this verse with you before, but it was my mothers favorite verse and for some reason today my heart wants to share it again. Love to you all. 

Blessings, Betsy



20 comments:

  1. Oh, that baby!!! What a sweetheart.
    Your socks look great. That's a very pretty colorway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have had a wonderful week.

    We are on the hunt for some new porch furniture. The previous owners left the glass table and chairs, but I never liked them. I put them out by the road on Sunday and they were snapped up by the neighbor down the road in about 4 minutes. I'm so glad they will be used, just not by ME! The chairs were not to my liking.

    So ---hoping we will find something we like (and in our budget) that look as nice as yours do at your house.

    Miss Piper sure does look cute in her "fancy" dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness your garden at the lake is so much neater than our wild farm garden.. so tidy! Oh my, miss Piper looks SO adorable in her dance outfit.. is she tap dancing? It would be fun to see a video of her performance. That's neat your church friend stopped by for a visit and you got to hold the baby and feed him. Nothing better than holding a new little one. I'm so happy all your kids are coming to your house for Thanksgiving! How did you manage to make that happen? Have a super week, my friend. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so thankful you did share that particular verse because it surely ministered to me. It is so wonderful that it was your Mom's favorite verse. I know you missed seeing Little Miss Piper's recital! I hope the Lord does allow you to be there for the next one. She is getting so tall! So thankful you are feeling so much better after your injection and trust the Lord to continue to heal and bless you, dear friend. Your comment today meant SO much to me. To know you are praying for us brings such comfort to my heart. Much love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like I was sitting on your front porch listening to you speak this post. this is how comfortable this post made me feel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betsy, I am thrilled for you and Dennis that you will have everyone for Thanksgiving. I bet you have already started planning. Wonderful that your friend from Church popped in, Luke is adorable. I have never come across a breast milk Coop before, but I think that is a fantastic idea. The socks once again are wonderful, love the colour combination. Miss Piper looks adorable in her dance outfit. I don't envy you the medical bills and thank God that we don't have any. We moan about the NHS but at least we have a system where everyone is seen and is treated whatever your financial situation. Take care sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute picture of you Betsy (love your short hair!!). Piper is just darling, as always. So happy to hear that ALL of your children will be home for Thanksgiving - that will be a celebration for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely post. I always enjoy reading what is going on in your life. I know you are enjoying the quiet of the lake. Those chairs look just perfect. I love how knitting hasn't changed over the years, just the yarn companies. Miss P, is growing so tall. I love how she is always smiling. Wishing you a most lovely day sweet friend. Blessings to you always ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thrilled to hear that your back is responding to the injections and that your hope of flying is becoming a reality. Miss Piper is adorable! Did anyone record her dance so you can see it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how precious to hold baby Luke! How wonderful a young mom felt comfortable asking you for a favor-precious! The new deck chairs are so pretty and practical-good find.
    Have fun with the knitting and sewing! Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So enjoyed this post! I am excited about your Thanksgiving plans!!! You and Dennis definitely have the gift of hospitality and I am grateful to have enjoyed it! I am glad that Kim and Luke got to enjoy it as well and that you got to cuddle, Luke. It is wonderful that Luke is able to benefit from the breastmilk co-op! As always I admire the views at the lake, and the pretty socks you are working on; and I'm glad you found some comfy chairs for the patio at home, too. You continue to encourage my use of techie means of keeping in touch with loved ones even though I know you miss being with sweet Miss Piper and others. Thanks for being dear Betsy and for sharing the verse that I read this last week and always find encouraging, too. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH that adopted baby story is the BEST. Betsy I too want people to know that they can drop in here anytime. I love that photo of you!!!!! Your whole family at Christmas !!! I'm delighted for you and for your botox. I am resigned to the fact that zach will move somewhere soon, but Im accepting and blessing it. I have found a way to make it bearable if he works in Mexico again. I'll fly to texas every 3 monthsand fly him up to see us in texas! Why didn't I think of that earlier?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi dear sis, loving your post so much good news and answers to prayer, we serve an amazing God praise His glorious name!
    Praise for family all home at Christmas what joy! Praying every blessing on it right now, can’t start to soon with prayer.
    Praise for that wee adopted little one, how that story thrilled my heart!
    Praise for those lounge chairs for outside.. with cushions, what marvellous answers to prayer, faithful provision for a back green older... 😊
    Praise for that back and the injections working, I pray that the efficacy will be ongoing whilever it is needed. Such huge answer to prayer thank you Lord.
    And thanks for prayers for my tooth, it came out first go, such a miracle. Pray it heals now well with no infections.
    Things are looking up I’m sure. By God’s Grace. BTW I’m not sure if you’re getting my Christian posts as you normally come over but haven’t for a while?? Link below if want it....
    Thanks for sharing, Shaz in Oz.x

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  14. How sweet that your friend stopped over to change and feed her baby! I imagine your home has open arms! Loved the verse you shared! And your yard at the lake is always so pretty! It will be wonderful to have the whole family home at the same time! hugs, Roxy
    I appreciate you and so glad your feeling better and stronger...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww, look at that adorable lil babe! What a blessing for his life to be with such a wonderful family! I always found it comforting to snuggle with our newest grandson... he's over a year old now but still just wants to sit in my lap... that's all, just sit and be held. // Your Miss Piper is sooooo pretty in her outfit!I bet she was fabulous on stage! // I love old magazines. There is always something in their pages to take you back to simpler days. // Hazy days are made for sitting back and just enjoying the moments. Your little area is perfect! Blessings to you! Oh! And you look mahhhhvelous, dear! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Piper is so cute!! What fun for her! I think you are a really fast knitter! Hope you are continuing to feel good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Piper is adorable! So glad you are feeling so much better my friend. I go every three months for my injections and it really helps. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi! Just saw your comment on voice vickie’s Blog about being from Spokane. My best friend lives there...they own several Zips restaurants! I never come across anyone from up there so thought I’d give you a shoutout. I’m in Louisiana so you could call our friendship very long distance!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Betsy! I thought I would stop by for a long overdue visit here! I love your felici socks! They are very patriotic. You spot at the looks so lovely and peaceful.... and Piper! She has grown like a week--and adorable to the max.
    Have a happy 4th of July!
    xoxo
    Kim

    ReplyDelete