Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Family Fun

Happy Tuesday my friends.  Alex, Jamie and the kids arrived safely on last Thursday.  Please forgive me for not commenting much on blogs but I have been playing with my family.  Since it is rare that we see them, I've stayed off of the computer for the most part and just enjoyed my time with everyone.

Alex took Caleb to the mall and bought him a brand new "real" skateboard.  I had forgotten just how much those things cost!  Then he gave him a bunch of pointers on skating.  We still had Alex's old board in the garage.  He hadn't skated in years but picked it right up again.  Look at that grin on Caleb's face.  He's planning to go to Japan and live with his Uncle Alex when he's old enough.  Ha!

I guess you never really lose the skills.

Our living room looked like Legoland!  I have kept all of Jamie & Alex's Legos and it's the first thing that  Kyleigh and Caleb go for when they get here for visits.  Alex had a great time building with them.

Then they even got Grandma into a picture.  See the Japanese textbook that Caleb is holding?  It was Alex's very first textbook when he started taking Japanese language.  He has these kids speaking Japanese and writing Konji already!  He's a born teacher and all kids love him.  I think he really misses teaching.  Caleb took the book home with him.  He adores his uncle.

Saturday we went downtown to Riverfront Park and the kids rode the carousel.  I love this little girl.  She's going to middle school next year!!  Tell me it isn't so.

Caleb and Uncle Alex on their mighty steeds.

The falls are roaring right now with the mountain snow melt.  That's my crew down by the falls.  I stayed up top where I wouldn't have to walk back up dozens of stairs, (and I stayed dry!)
Isn't this a pretty view?  That's my bunch in the lower right corner.
There are gondolas that will take you on a ride down over the falls.  Spokane is known as the "Lilac City", hence the purple gondolas.
Here they are at the upper falls.  Grandpa looks worried about something!
A view of the upper falls.  The suspension bridge we were standing on was doing lots of shaking from the force of the water flowing.  You can only imagine the sound of the water roaring by.
Alex took this just before Jamie and the kids left to go home on Sunday.  Kyleigh has one of Alex's old skateboards.  Gosh I miss them so much.  We sure put a lot of fun into three days.
Friday we drove out to Cheney and around the University Campus.  The boys had a great time reliving different things about the college.  Then we had dinner with a friend who lives near the college.  The boys used to stay with him if the winter weather was too bad to get home at night.

Alex had his pre-op appointment yesterday and his foot surgery is today.  We're praying all will go well and his pain in walking will be much relieved, although the doctor said he has arthritis in his heel already from his skiing accident and re-breaking the bones by walking so much around Tokyo.


I'll try to check in again soon.  Meanwhile, I hope you're enjoying a lovely spring, (or fall), depending on where you. live.

"Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty." Psalm 91:1

Blessings,
Betsy











15 comments:

  1. Betsy what a lovely post filled with joy and love for your family. Hope all goes well with the surgery. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pictures. The one where you can barely see your family in the corner is a great one. You have a handsome family. Only three days, that is so hard. It takes me a week to move on after I visit with my Colorado kids.
    I'd love to visit your beautiful state some day.
    About moving......you both have to be onboard. At first it was more about my husband not being able to do the outdoor things like climbing up the ladder to the roof. And there is no I could with my fear of heights. Then it was about the maintenance. So glad we made the move. You will know when and if it is for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a joy to witness the joy of your family together, Betsy! Thanks for letting us in on some of the fun. The raging waters are amazing...and I some how have missed seeing them in the times I been in Spokane. I'm praying for the best results for Alex's foot surgery today.
    Sending you lots of hugs :) xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post Betsy! I am hoping that today's surgery goes without a hitch!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betsy your family is just wonderful. I love how much Alex likes being an uncle, he looks like you by the way. Hope the surgery goes well and he has a quick recovery. Enjoy every moment, we will all be here when you get the time to catch up.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Alex has won "Uncle of the Year" with the kids! He looks so athletic on his board, too! I'm glad he gets to be with you for 3 full weeks. Have fun.. you have a gorgeous family. We went to Georgie's Grill in Newport for lunch today.. for a change I had a cheeseburger and it was one of the best I've ever had. Now we're back relaxing in the trailer, listening to the surf pound the shore outside. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, so thankful you got to spend this lovely time with your precious family! I know you must miss them terribly since they are gone. If only life were simple, and we could live around the ones we love the most as we journey through. I hope your son's foot surgery goes well, and he is able to get some relief. It is wonderful that he can be there with you...there is no one like Mom when we are ailing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. NOthing Like family time. So glad you unplugged and enjoyed and took some great photos .
    Hugs. .its hard when they leave

    ReplyDelete
  9. I pray Alex's surgery went fine and he will heal up fast. He has youth on his side! What a lovely time with your family! Thanks for the great pics as I could never go there...near those falls....too afraid of heights! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is nothing better than spending time with our families and it looks like you had a wonderful time with all of yours Betsy! I loved seeing all of your sweet ones around you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always love reading about your sweet family and what you are all up to. :) Your Granddaughter looks just like you! She has your smile and eyes. I always love seeing the happy, smiling faces, always so full of love. You are truly blessed sweet friend. :) Praying for Alex that all will go well. Blessings to you and yours always sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had some nice times with family. I hope surgery goes well for Alex. Not being able to walk with pain is very limiting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Betsy, it looks like you all had a really nice time together. You must have been so happy to have them all visiting. I think Alex looks a lot like you, especially around the eyes. I hope all goes well with his surgery and that he has a quick recovery. I hope you're feeling well and that you're having a good week so far.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ahhhhh do love your posts Betsy!!

    ... they are always so full of the joy of the LORD for His gifts to us, your family are wonderful and love seeing them!

    And how good it has been to have uncle Alex home??!
    I pray he has healed well with minimal issues post op?

    Thanks so much for popping over,
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

    ReplyDelete