Sunday, September 15, 2024

Hello!

Stopping in quickly to say hello. I was gone with my sister for a couple of days to the other side of Iowa for a concert. Since I got home Friday, I’ve been getting things ready, because we leave tomorrow for another week and a half in the Black Hills and other spots in South Dakota. Lots of packing to do. Here is a photo of the room I shared with my sister Melanie. 

The hotel was built in 1917 in Ottumwa, Iowa. It’s called the Hotel Ottumwa. It was a beautiful place and I can imagine it in its heyday! My niece Chaela and her husband Tim, were with us. Tim won the tickets on a Veteran’s site. The concert was “Home Free” which, as you know, we’ve been to several of their concerts in the past few years. It is the first and only acappella country band. They also sing a lot of gospel songs. It’s funny because there are five youngish guys, probably 40 and younger, and the audience is mainly old people like me! 😂🤣😂🤣😂

I plan to take my laptop along camping and hopefully I will have Internet at the campground and can catch back up with all of you. Meanwhile, I’ve mostly just been stitching away on Christmas ornaments and I also started a baby blanket in the car on the way to the concert and back. Hopefully I’ll have some things to show you when we get home. 

Please continue to keep Israel in your prayers. Also, for cool heads to prevail here in the United States during the next few months of election time.

I will end with a photo of my girls! I think this is the cutest picture! Piper and Lizzie. And of course, Lizzie has her Lamby too.

Much love and many blessings to you all,
Betsy. 

10 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you Betsy! Have a safe trip and that photo of Piper and Lizzie is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture of Piper and Lizzie and Lambie! So cute. Sounds like you've been having a lot of fun and getting ready to have some more! Enjoy yourselves and just relax. Send us pictures when you can! So happy for you to have these opportunities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable Piper with Lizzie and Lambie. Enjoy your trip that will go safely in more way than one. We look forward to go to Hood River early October. It is getting cooler this week. Phil and I were out walking and it was chilly out there. We both wore sweatshirts. Good to see neighbors pulling out a tree that's not too far from us but we don't need it anyway even though it looks good!! I look forward to the photos you take wherever you go. You're in my thoughts and prayers, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful trip, Betsy and Dennis. Sounds like your concert was awesome. You sure have a lot of energy and go, go, go. Good for you. Wishing I had a little of your energy! Take good care. God bless you both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have a lovely time and safe travels as you go back to the Black Hills and surrounding area. Great picture of Piper and Lizzie with Lizzie holding her Lamby💗.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great time you must be having and off again for another adventure! Safe travels!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Home Free is a talented group. I love their You Tube videos. Enjoy your trip - safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet picture of Piper and Lizzie! The room you shared is just lovely. My neighbor and I are big fans of a cappella voices. I bet the concert was wonderful. Enjoy your camping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Betsy--thanks for sharing your adventures with us! I enjoyed hearing about your trip and seeing the photos. But then, what else is new? Haha. Have another wonderful adventure this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so happy I found your blog today. I was hoping to find some like-minded women who continue to blog I especially appreciate what you said about praying for Israel and the elections.
    We need to obey God in everything.

    ReplyDelete