Wednesday, August 21, 2024

It’s been awhile…

I’m sorry I haven’t been online for a while.  I am continuing to pray for each one of you and I am reading your blogs. I just haven’t been commenting much. With all the things happening in the world, I am feeling a burden for all of the people who don’t know Jesus. So I have been spending a lot of time praying. Thank you to those who have asked where I’ve been. 

A new reader had asked what kind of a dog Zoey is. She was supposed to be part chihuahua/part poodle to make her hypo allergenic since Piper is allergic to dogs and cats. However, both vets have told us that we were lied to. Go figure. There is no poodle in them at all. Chihuahua and probably Jack Russell terrier are in their gene pool. We love them anyway, and Piper seems to have developed a tolerance for both of them since she’s around them so much. 

Piper did begin middle school last Tuesday. She is growing up way too fast.

Our grandson Caleb began his senior year in Montana! His sister Kyleigh was delivered back to college on Sunday to begin her second year. Where has the time gone?

I needed a project I could carry around with me because life has been so hectic for the past few weeks. I decided on this blanket for my sister Melanie. She recently painted the inside of her entire house in a beautiful blue-gray so I wanted to include that in the colors. Also our mom‘s favorite color was peach so I made some squares of peach.

Here is a closer view of the squares.

Mandy and Brad were working outside one night last week later than usual. It was so hot during the day, they took advantage of the cooler evening hours, but somebody got tired of waiting to go to bed, so she tucked herself in. This is literally how they found her when they came in the house. She is the sweetest little thing.

I’m not sure when I’ll be back to posting again on a regular basis, but please don’t give up on me.

A dear friend posted this song on her blog a couple of days ago. It’s one of my favorite hymns. Thank you Pam.💜 I hope it brings peace to your hearts, and if you don’t know Jesus as your Lord and Savior, please stop and consider the price He paid for you. This world is not getting any better, and who knows what will happen in the next days, weeks or months. Won’t you consider the truth of Jesus? 

Love and blessings,
Betsy


God sent His son, they called Him, Jesus;
He came to love, heal and forgive;
He lived and died to buy my pardon,
An empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives!

… Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives, all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living,
Just because He lives!

… How sweet to hold a newborn baby,
And feel the pride and joy he brings;
But greater still the calm assurance:
This child can face uncertain days because He Lives!

… Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives, all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living,
Just because He lives!

… And then one day, I'll cross the river,
I'll fight life's final war with pain;
And then, as death gives way to victory,
I'll see the lights of glory and I'll know He lives!

… Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives, all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living,
Just because He lives!

Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Gloria Gaither / William J. Gaither

23 comments:

  1. Hi Betsy, God is in charge! Be kind to yourself and do what you can do everyday. Do not get depressed!! I hope Piper has a great school year and what a handsome Grandson you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, lovely friend! Prayer is the best thing always, and especially now. I am happy to see you check in here today. Your afghan is beautiful! The colors are so cozy. Best wishes for a happy and healthy new school year for all your precious grands. Time does indeed pass way too quickly! Take care and stay cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers are powerful, and in God’s time they will be answered. Take good care, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blanket in peach, blue, and gray tones is lovely. I can't believe how many gorgeous creations you've made. Blessings, GM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy the photos of your grandchildren that are good to see 👀 😊. Nice afghans. Life gets busy and I don't always do posts lately. I need to add photos of July as it was a busy month. I remember the scripture verses and the song that you shared. Hope you and Dennis are doing well 🙏 😊 ~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. QUE BUENO SABER NUEVAMENTE DE TI BETSY, EXTRAÑABA TUS COMENTARIOS. DE MAS ESTA DECIR QUE TU MANTA ES PRECIOSA,SE QUE TU HERMANA LA AMARA MUCHO. TIENES RAZON, EL MUNDO SE ESTA DESMORONANDO DE A POCO,PERO LOS HIJOS DE DIOS SABEMOS LO QUE VA A PASAR, NUESTRO SEÑOR Y SALVADOR JESUCRISTO VUELVE PRONTO, SOLO OREMOS Y HABLEMOS DE LA SALVACION A LOS QUE NO LO CONOCEN Y OJALA QUE MUCHOS LO ACEPTEN, EL MUNDO NO SABE LO QUE SE VIENE........ DIOS TE SIGA BENDICIENDO Y DANDOTE PAZ,CUALQUIERA SEA TU PROBLEMA EN ESTOS MOMENTOS. UN ABRAZO A LA DISTANCIA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT'S GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN BETSY, I MISSED YOUR COMMENTS. IT'S ALL TO SAY THAT YOUR BLANKET IS BEAUTIFUL, I KNOW THAT YOUR SISTER LOVES IT VERY MUCH. YOU ARE RIGHT, THE WORLD IS CRUMBLING LITTLE BY LITTLE, BUT THE CHILDREN OF GOD WE KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN, OUR LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST IS BACK SOON, LET'S JUST PRAY AND TALK ABOUT SALVATION TO THOSE WHO DO NOT KNOW IT AND I HOPE THAT MANY ACCEPT IT, THE WORLD DOES NOT KNOW WHAT IS COMING......... GOD CONTINUES TO BLESS YOU AND GIVE YOU PEACE, WHATEVER YOUR PROBLEM RIGHT NOW. A HUG FROM A DISTANCE.

      Delete
  7. It's so good to see your post! That blanket is beautiful, you're very gifted. Thank you for praying for this crazy world. I can't imagine going through all of this stuff without the Lord. He is my Rock and I'm so grateful for His presence in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, thank you for the mention and for the fact that "Because He Lives" is a blessing to you as it is to me, and I am sure to many others. Yes, we need to remember that "we can face uncertain days because He lives". Amen! I was thinking I hadn't heard from you in a while and was wondering. I tend to get behind in reading so thought maybe I'd missed a post. Saying a prayer for you. Love the beautiful afghan that you made...that is gorgeous and I know your sister will be greatly blessed by it. Your doggy is so sweet, and I am glad that Piper hasn't any allergic reactions to him or the other one! That would be so sad! Oh, so happy for Piper to be starting middle school! She is certainly a lovely young lady! I pray that God will watch over her and protect her and keep her strong throughout all of her school days and beyond. Praying for you and your family. Sending (((hugs)) to you today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm still here and reading your posts. Sorry for not commenting, our family has been going through a lot of stuff. And I'm involved in other things nowadays. One day I'll get that email written to you. Love and prayers to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Betsy, so glad to see your post. That blanket/bedspread you made is absolutely beautiful. What a wonderful gift that is. Oh Betsy, it's a difficult time in the world and especially in our country. It's hard to know what will happen but at least we know that God is in charge of it all. He probably won't let us take the easy way out of all this, and I guess we don't really deserve that anyway. But keep your prayers up and know that we are praying along with you. We have had a good life and we continue to hope and pray for the best....God willing. Take good care. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm always happy to hear what's going on in your corner of the world and for once I am happy that there is nothing so dramatic going on that your are forced to share. Quiet lulls are nice too.
    I love your blanket and as always am amazed at how fast you get them finished.
    My oldest Grand started middle school on Monday and I am in shock at how fast he grew up. Where does the time go? It's starting to feel like it's swallowing me up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have not been on the computer much lately either. Glad to get on here today and see an update from you. I love the blanket. I have not had my crochet hook out nor knitting needles lately.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for giving us an update, Betsy! Life does crawl by calmly at times and at others it crashes all around us. I'm grateful for Jesus who calms our storms. Sending a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Always enjoy visiting with you and you are missed when away from your blog. With that said, spending your days in prayer is so important, God bless you for that. This country, this world, is in dire need of God's redeeming grace. Sending warm wishes until next time.♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amen.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Betsy, When I am anxious I remind myself of this truth:
    Never forget God is on His throne and He is still in control.
    People may fail us, Pastors/churches may fail us, Politics may fail us, But Gods will cannot and never will. His purpose is to use everything for our good and His glory. Hard as it might be we are asked to trust Him for every outcome. FYI I am "preaching to the choir here"

    ReplyDelete
  17. I so understand, I have not been blogging much lately...however I did when we got a new greatgrandson, and a granddaughter got married. Special events!!
    I loved all your pictures and your beautiful grandchildren. The bed covering matches very nicely.
    I love the song. Because He lives!! My testimony...I live because He lives and adopted me... I belong to Him.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Even if you're not blogging, you're in our hearts and thoughts!
    Beautiful blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You certainly have some gorgeous grandchildren and granddogs! And the blanket you crocheted was so beautiful. I love that you included the peach. My co-gramma had a serious health emergency so I have had my youngest son's three littles everyday in addition to everyone else. Last week I had 7 children every day and this week 3 went to school, so I am down to 4. Four is a lot more than it sounds, lol. Dad is on patrol duties this week so three arrive at 5:30 am. Another preschooler comes at 7 and at 7:10 a fourth grader gets dropped off for breakfast and the bus. The first day of school - we missed the bus. . . . And that's how it is going.
    I know you have a lot going on and we all pray that life gets easier for you. We will be here.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your grandchildren are good-looking. I love the beautiful blanket you crocheted. I hope the children have a wonderful school year. I love the uplifting song and message of hope.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Prayer is the best thing always especially now with so much going on in the world. I pray more people come to know Jesus. Beautiful pictures of your grandchildren on their first day back to school! Praying they both have a wonderful new school year. Gorgeous afghan by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OH, I'm so thankful for our hope in Jesus, that song has blessed me and given hope so many times! Piper is just precious, already in sixth grade, how can that be! Your other grandchildren are precious too - time has a way of slipping by us! Your gift to your sister is so beautiful, what a gift of love! The squares are gorgeous, you do such amazing work! We are having early fall weather here, was chilly this morning, almost a frost! My garden is doing okay after the late start, but an early frost does not sound good. Many hugs and blessings to you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete