Sunday, May 19, 2024

Oh well🤷‍♀️


“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”  Romans‬ ‭8‬:‭28‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I’m holding on to this verse today for various reasons. The one I can share with you is this one….

so much for our camping trip today through Thursday. The topper for Dennis’s truck finally came in and was installed on Friday.  We had waited four months for it to arrive. We were so excited to go camping today after church because we would finally have room in the back of the truck and things would be protected. We could put our chairs, the grill, etc., back there with no more worries about them getting wet or blowing out. We got everything packed up last night and ran by the storage lot on the way home from church today and turned the refrigerator on in the trailer. We came home and carried everything down twenty stairs to the garage, got the meat from the freezer and put it in the cooler with some ice until the refrigerator got cold enough. 

Then…. Dennis went to pull the truck over in front of the garage so we could load everything in it and it won’t start. The battery is completely dead. He said that when he got into the truck Friday afternoon to pick it up from the shop, everything was in metric.  Kilometers, liters, etc. He reset it all but when he tried to start it just now it was all back to metric. Apparently when they installed the topper they crossed some wires somewhere and of course they’re not open today. We’ll have to wait till tomorrow and call AAA. If they can come jumpstart the truck, he will take it over to the shop and see if they can figure out what happened. If all goes well, we may still get to go camping tomorrow, but who knows? I think we’re doomed. Every single trip we’ve planned this year has had something go wrong. 

Mandy is relieved since severe weather is predicted for this afternoon and tonight in the area we would be camping. I just watched the weather forecast and it was predicting severe storms tonight, Monday and Tuesday. Maybe this is the reason we weren’t able to go. 🤷‍♀️ I don’t know, but it’s sure a lot of work to get things packed up. Then we needed to haul everything back up the 20 stairs! 🥵

I do have a couple of things to show you since Wednesday when I last posted. I finished the wheelchair blanket I had just started. All with stash yarn. I just finished it last night, so it has not been washed and blocked. I also had my toes done with my sister and niece yesterday. Do you see them peeking up there at the bottom of the picture? I have only gotten red nail polish once before in my life. I guess I’m not a very daring person. I decided to be bold for a change! 😂

I am also starting the toe decreases on another sock. The cuff is a 2 x 2 ribbing and I always use the Eye of Partridge heel. Otherwise it’s a plain vanilla sock  using Kroy Socks in the “Seventies Stripes” colorway.

I guess it’s been just another day in the life of the queens! You never know what’s going to happen at our house. On a positive note we have no responsibilities for the next three days if we do end up staying home. Of course we will be checking up on Mom, but other than that we have no appointments scheduled.

Take care everyone and stay safe if you’re in the path of the storms the weather guy is talking about. I’ll be back soon. Keep watch and pray because the Day of the Lord is drawing near.

Blessings and love,
Betsy 

14 comments:

  1. Oh, I am sorry to hear your trip was postponed. I know you are disappointed, but, like you said, if the weather is not pleasant for camping, then it is probably for the best. I hope you can plan to go soon once things clear up in both regards. I love the afghan, and also your red toes! Cute!! I've never had red toes either. I usually use a very plain shimmery nude/peach kind of color. I'm not sure what it's called. I only paint them once a year in the summer, and that's it. Once that wears off it's over until next year. LOL. I don't wear bared toed sandals that much anyway. Too much sand around here and I don't like getting it in my shoes. Anyway, I do hope you will be able to relax and enjoy the time at home, knowing it won't be long before you can try again! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. BUENO BECKY: LOS QUE AMAN A DIOS, TODAS LAS COSAS SON PARA BIEN, TOMALO COMO QUE DIOS LOS GUARDO DE ALGUN ACCIDENTE O ALGO PEOR, EL PRONOSTICO LES ESTABA AVISANDO DE UN CLIMA SEVERO, ASI QUE MEJOR PREVENIR QUE CURAR VERDAD?. YA HABRA OTROS DIAS PARA PODER VIAJAR, ESTOY CASI SEGURA QEU DIOS LOS GUARDO DE ALGO MALO. BENDICIONES¡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SERVING THE LORDTuesday 19, 2024 at 8:07 PM
      WELL BECKY: THOSE WHO LOVE GOD, ALL THINGS ARE FOR THE BEST, TAKE IT AS GOD SAVED THEM FROM SOME ACCIDENT OR SOMETHING WORSE, THE FORECAST WAS WARNING THEM OF SEVERE WEATHER, SO BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY, RIGHT. THERE WILL BE OTHER DAYS TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL, I AM ALMOST SURE THAT GOD SAVED YOU FROM SOMETHING BAD. BLESSINGS!

      Delete
  3. Sorry you couldn't go on your camping trip, hope they get the wiring problem figured out. Nice toes!~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Betsy, so sorry your trip got cancelled. Sure hope they get your truck back working right again. I am glad you won't be out in those storms though! I won't even tell you what happened to our RV yesterday. Let's just say it won't be operable until maybe August if we're lucky! Let's not try to understand all the things that happen....but instead just Trust in God. Take good care, friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about the botched camping trip...but the severe weather warnings are a concern, for sure. Pretty sock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry the trip was cancelled but it is good to realize there is a GOoD reason!
    Hope the storms pass you by! The lap robe and socks are beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a bummer your trip was canceled but I'm glad you two won't be in the path of the storm. I really like the colors for the blanket and the socks. I'm having issues with the crocheted dish cloth but I won't be frogging it again. It will just have to be wonky.😆
    Stay safe and I hope you will be able to get the truck problem fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness gracious! What an ordeal. I hope it all gets sorted out today. That must be so frustrating after all that work loading. Your blanket is beautiful as are those pretty socks. Take care if you leave today. The weather out there is pretty scary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear about your camping trip not happening. I love how to you used those colors for the blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear about your trip! The blanket and the socks look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your toes are adorable! I am sorry about your camping trip, especially since everything was loaded!! Unloading is no fun at all. It's always something - and it sounds like this was for a reason, to keep you out of the storms!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Lord works in mysterious ways, maybe the truck not starting kept you out of harm's way. This is the day that God made, let's rejoice!!! I'm really sorry you missed your camping trip, especially after all the work you put in, hopefully you'll be able to go soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what is the name of your donation blanket? Is the pattern available on Ravelry? The pattern looks like a great stashbuster.

    ReplyDelete