Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Rainy Days

Happy Wednesday everyone!  We’ve had two days of constant gentle rain. Just what is needed for crops and grass and flowers. We’re enjoying being inside, cozy in our home. I finished one project and have another almost done. More on that later.

I can’t write today without acknowledging the horrible tragedy that has once again taken place in our country.  I’m heartbroken for the families of those little souls that were taken yesterday. Also for the two teachers that I’m sure tried their best to protect those children. And for the family of the young man who did this horrible thing. I can’t imagine the feelings that they have at this moment. Our prayers are with them all. May God be with with the United States as we make our way through yet another evil act of horror.

On a more pleasant note, I finished Piper’s “Wonderful Wallaby” sweater yesterday. I love how it turned out.

Here is a better photo of the hood.  She wants to take it on their trip this week to Paris and then London to see Baby J. Mandy can’t wait to get her hands on the baby just like us.
I started a sweater for Little Miss J. yesterday. I’m almost ready for the hem. I have the sleeves and button band left to do.  I want to send this along with them when they leave so I have to get cracking. There is no pattern as I made it up, but it’s just a basic infant cardigan for stitch numbers and I added in some lace.

I did get a couple of souvenirs for myself while we were in London. It’s Queen Elizabeth’s Platinum Jubilee year. 70 years on the throne. I bought myself this little bear as a memory of all the beautiful decorations we saw around the UK celebrating this momentous event. She certainly seems to be a well-loved and respected Queen.

The one thing we always find when traveling are magnets. We found the nine that are shown below, on this trip. Not the ones on the right, except the knight with the banner. That one is from Mount Fitchet Castle.

Dennis and Alex spent a few days working in their back garden. Alex had just had an office built and he and Dennis built the steps. To the left they installed 24x24 inch garden tiles on the ground. There is now a garden shed sitting on the tiles and the pizza oven and grill. It all looks wonderful.
I thought you would all get a kick out of this photo.  While we were on our trip Zoey stayed with Mandy, Brad & Piper. Of course we will keep Lizzie for them for the next few few weeks. Piper and Zoey were apparently Egyptian Princesses in the picture. Zoey had a wonderful time playing there. She’s been missing them with just us old folks.

Take care everyone. Tell those you care about how you feel while you can. In these trying days, we never know do we?

Blessings and love,
Betsy

17 comments:

  1. My heart is broken too. This madness needs to stop. Piper is grow so big. I remember when she was a little tyke🙂 Did you get my email with my address?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Piper's sweater is just wonderful. I hope they have a fabulous trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TERRIBLE TODO LO QUE ESTA PASANDO BETSY, ¿HASTA CUANDO TANTA LOCURA? QUE DIOS CONSUELE A LOS FAMILIARES DE LAS VICTIMAS Y TAMBIEN PARA QUE NO SIENTAN ODIO HACIA EL JOVEN LATINO QUE COMETIO ESTE HORRIBLE HECHO. ME ENCANTA EL SWETER DE TU BELLA NIETA, SE VERA PRECIOSA CON EL. BENDICIONES.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TERRIBLE EVERYTHING THAT IS HAPPENING BETSY, UNTIL WHEN SO MUCH MADNESS? MAY GOD COMFORT THE FAMILIES OF THE VICTIMS AND ALSO SO THAT THEY DON'T FEEL HATRED TOWARDS THE YOUNG LATINO WHO COMMITTED THIS HORRIBLE ACT. I LOVE YOUR BEAUTIFUL GRANDDAUGHTER'S SWEATER, SHE WILL LOOK BEAUTIFUL IN IT. BLESSINGS.

      Delete
  4. I do hope Piper and family have a wonderful time on their trip to London, as you and Dennis did. That baby sweater is so sweet....I'm sure you'll have it done and ready to go before they leave on their trip. Many prayers going up for all those who died in that school tragedy and for their loved ones too. You're right....we never know when our time here on earth is up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, the sweaters! I know Piper will just love hers, it looks so cozy. And that precious baby will look like a princess in her sweet little sweater, too. You are so talented and I just know these will be family keepsakes. All your cute treasures from your trip! The little bear is just adorable and I love the different magnets. I have seen pictures of the bunting in the streets! Her jubilee is quite the celebration! What a wonderful office, too. I can barely speak about the horrors yesterday. It is just too much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sweaters, both Piper's and the one for Baby J. They look so soft and cozy.
    Prayers for all those affected by the latest horrible shooting. So many grieving families.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a very wonderful Wallaby!
    I had to take a 24 hour news break because the Texas shooting nearly did me in. The last time I visited the Grands school for a book fair I was upset by all the security measures I had to go through to get in. It made me feel very unsettled the whole time I was in there. I know it is to keep them safe but it is a daily reminder that they are truly not. Being a former teacher I know how vulnerable they all really are. Doors are left open. Staff takes a break. People with bad intentions get in all the time as I well know. I had dangerous parents get to me three times even with restraining orders and security in place. I feel there is no end to this madness and it makes me physically ill.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finish on Piper's sweater and the little pink one for Baby J is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I remember when that pattern first came out--you make it beautifully and quickly! I bought the pattern-I have several littles I can knit it for and maybe even myself! The pic of Piper and Zoey is so cute! The shooting is beyond horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Betsy, you write the best posts! I love Piper's sweater, the baby sweater is adorable too. I've always had a weakness for baby sweaters and still look for them in thrift stores. The picture of Piper and Zoey is so cute. I've just looked back at posts I've missed. What a wonderful trip you and Dennis had in London.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Betsy, you write the best posts! I love Piper's sweater, the baby sweater is adorable too. I've always had a weakness for baby sweaters and still look for them in thrift stores. The picture of Piper and Zoey is so cute. I've just looked back at posts I've missed. What a wonderful trip you and Dennis had in London.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a beautiful sweater, perfect for traveling! And the new baby sweater is awesome you are so talented! Cute photo of Piper!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is such a nice office. Your sweaters your knitting are lovely. Lucky Zoey to stay with Piper......Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Betsy.
    I'm on my mobile tonight and am thus able to comment.
    I cannot comment on my iPad because of the embedded comment box, it blocks my ID
    ....it makes me sad to not be able to say hi.
    Wish they'd fix it.
    So glad you had such a grand time in England's green and pleasant land, it's very special.
    Well done too on that beautiful bear, I love our Queen and she is believer too, and so are her son Edward and his wife Sopie, I was told
    Sadly Prince Charles is far away from the truth which makes us free in Jesus.

    The dear beautiful Queen often mentions the Lord and Jesus in her Christmas message each year.
    I believe it's her love of God and her sense of responsibility keeps her on the throne.
    We in Aust have just had a new left wing woke government take over and they want a Republic not a monarchy, and it may be that we will lose our monarch.
    If it were Prince Charles it would be less of a hurt to me, than if tis our Queen.

    We may not know what our future holds but we know WHO holds our future.
    Praise God for that!

    Two beautiful knits Betsy, you're so clever and your two girls are beautiful.

    Thanks for sharing, and may God bless you and keep you and all whom you love safe and well.
    Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz. X

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  15. The wallaby sweater looks very nice. Nice area of work for Alex at his house in London. Nice bear 🐻 you got for a souvenir. I got a mug of queen Elizabeth for her 25th year of being the queen of England. 1952-1977. 1977 was the year Phil and I were married. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. I made oatmeal chocolate chip cake and it's close to being pulled out of the oven. Smells delicious. It's been awhile since I've made it. Have a blessed weekend my friend, love and prayers,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  16. The wallaby sweater is adorable, Betsy. Lovely Egyptian princesses, to be sure. Doesn't it just warm your heart to see that photo? Queen Elizabeth is an amazing woman. I think about all she's seen in her life and marvel, especially, at how she's managed to handle all the family drama with so my grace. Remarkable. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete