Tuesday, November 19, 2019

“Cough, Cough”

Happy Tuesday everyone. My cold has progressed from blowing my nose constantly to coughing nonstop. I have not left the house since last Wednesday. But I just had to pop on here very quickly because the UPS man just rang the doorbell with a package from Amazon that I think must have been sent by one of you. Look what was in the box.

Three skeins of beautiful yarn. These are going to make some wonderful mittens. Look at those colors. I love them. 
I’m almost positive this yarn came from one of you wonderful blog readers. I just don’t know who. If it was you would you please let me know?  And thank you so much from the bottom of my heart.

I finished 10 more squares for a total of 20 squares to be mailed to the prayer blanket ministry. I have them in a mailing envelope all ready to go to the post office as soon as I feel like I won’t scare everyone off with my hacking cough. Right now I sound like typhoid Mary!

I also finished the lace socks. They were made using Knit Picks stroll tweed fingering weight yarn in the Persimmon Heather colorway.
It is a simple six row repeat and very easy to memorize, even for me.

I started this corner to corner baby blanket yesterday. It is made with a Caron Big Cakes of yarn and a J crochet hook.  It is the Shadowberry colorway. I had just started the border when the doorbell rang.

Again, I can’t imagine who, other than one of you lovely people, would have been the one to send me the yarn. I am very grateful and it was very thoughtful of whoever did send it. Thank you so much!

“Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.” Second Corinthians 9:6

Blessings, Betsy

21 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift from your anonymous benefactor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful surprise! They will make beautiful mittens. Your socks turned out amazing, a very pretty pattern. I love the blanket you are making, the colors and the pattern are lovely. You've been very busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy seeing your beautiful crocheting and knitting projects. You have an amazing talent and it's wonderful to see it being put to such sweet use. I am so sorry that you are sick and am praying for a speedy recovery.
    God bless you!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet gesture! Your socks are simply darling. You've given me ideas on gifts for family and friends. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice surprise.

    Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is wonderful that someone donated some yarn to your mitten enterprise. I was happy to send you $$ to help out some years ago. I need to go through my stash and send you some, myself. I can so relate on the cold going into bronchitis.. sounds like what you have. I'm frightened of getting something like that. Do get better and staying in your warm home is a good idea. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderfully cheered in middle of coughs and sputtering with cold. Lovely Betsy.
    Praying for you with your back.
    Am thinking you must be getting ready for thanksgiving so praying for you in that too.
    May God bless you, Betsy.
    Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a surprise! People are so generous and you my dear, are a very worthy cause!! I hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I am SO sorry you are still so ill! Bless your dear heart. I do hope it subsides soon. The residual cough is the worst. May God send healing to you, and may He bless the kind soul who sent you the yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice and fun surprise!! Hoping you are feeling better Betsy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sending prayers your way sweet friend that you will be back on the mend soon. ((hugs)). What a wonderful love gift to give to you. Now through their gift to you, you will make things to bless others. It's like paying it forward in blessings. Your projects look so lovely. Those socks are truly a work of art/heart. Wishing you a lovely day filled with many blessings dear sweet friend. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  12. A nice surprise! The socks are just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yarn!! Yarn always makes me feel better! Please pray for my father. He is not doing well. I think he will go hospice soon. Pray my sister can start to calm down around him. She is his power of attorney and has no medical education. HE adores her, but she just inflates all the emotions and picks at the staff. He needs a calm person with him. Pray for him Betsy. WE have reconciled and IM so thankful

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am sorry that you are still sick but what a nice get well package. I hope you feel better soon. God bless and HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a nice surprise package you got in the mail. I agree with you that it was probably a blogging friend. Aren't blogging friends the best. I sure hope your cold goes away soon. It's awful when a cold turns into a bad cough and seems to last forever. Take care. Hope you feel better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nothing like yarn to comfort us, right! Hope you feel better soon. That blanket is so pretty-nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Betsy! Feel better really soon, ok? And wow! How wonderful to receive a surprise package like that in the mail. You deserve it. Your latest projects look beautiful as always! Blessings, Debra

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whoever sent the yarn knows you will put it to good use. Those socks are very pretty. Sorry to hear you are sick. My husband had a cold that turned into a cough and throat infection ... it went on for nearly a month. Hope you start to feel better very soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a nice surprise! You will make good use of that yarn! Maybe a visit to the Doctor is in order....Whooping Cough is a bugger as are other things that make you cough. Get better soon is what I am praying for you Betsy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You poor thing! I am sending you positive healing thoughts for a complete recovery from your nasty bug. Bloggers are the best, you deserve the treat.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooh! I LOVE those socks! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete