Friday, October 18, 2019

Sunny or Cloudy?

From where I sit in my recliner as I type this I see sunshine out the windows facing west and I see big black clouds out the patio door facing east! I wonder which it will be today?  When we lived in the Midwest our weather almost always came from the southwest. If you looked that direction, you pretty much knew what was in store for you. Here though, I have learned that the weather can come from any direction at all. Since we live in a valley between mountain ranges, we kind of create our own little weather climate. Anyway, it’s always a surprise what will happen. I’m hoping for the sunshine myself!

This sweet package arrived early this morning from Sherri in Nevada. I love how she decorated the box. :-) I have removed her address for privacy reasons.

Inside were these two Christmas wrapped rolls.  And inside of those were.....

10 beautiful pairs of mittens for the school children! Sherri, they are perfect and thank you so much.

She also included a little surprise gift for me. Bath elixir, temple balm, hand cream and soap along with the prettiest crocheted wash cloth.  Sherri, this was so sweet of you. I appreciate all of your hard work on the mittens and the gift is beautiful.  Lavender is my favorite color! 

I started a new baby blanket yesterday. We have a couple at our church who have been married for many years and have never been able to have a baby. They have adopted four siblings from the foster system. One is a set of twins and then, as the mother had two more babies over several years, they also were placed with this couple and adopted. She was shocked and overjoyed to discover that she is now pregnant herself!  There is a baby shower planned at church the first week in November. As you can see, it’s a boy! I also want to try to make her a sweater, hat and sock set to match if I have time.

My carry along project has been this sock. I am truly enjoying this pattern. The chart is so simple that even I can read it!

Our sweet Chloe has been falling down the stairs over the past couple of weeks. She did this last autumn too with the arrival of the damp cooler weather. I think it is her arthritis that is causing the falls as she goes down the stairs. I tried putting throw rugs at the top and the bottom of the stairs but she still slipped on the stairs themselves. We ordered these treads from Amazon and they arrived last night. As you can tell, they still have to relax from being in the box. Honestly, I don’t like them at all but if they make it easier for her to navigate the stairs I will get used to them.

I’m heading to Jennys in a little while to help her with her exercises. Apparently the physical therapist gave her some new exercises yesterday that she can’t do by herself. We are enjoying all of our chatting time and I know that when she goes back to work I will barely be able to see her.

I hope you’re all having a great week and have exciting fall plans for the weekend.  I’m not sure yet what We’re going to be up to. It’s supposed to be rainy and cool so we may just hunker down at home.

“In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus.”  Philippians 2:5

“Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.“   Colossians 3:12

Blessings,
Betsy 

19 comments:

  1. What a sweet friend to send you all those goodies and all those mittens!!!
    I love those socks. That is such a pretty pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for showing us the lovely gifts Sherri sent, Betsy. Your latest stitching projects are lovely as well and it is especially exciting to know that the soon to arrive baby has long been wanted! I hope Chloe and all who navigate your stairs are safe and that you have a good visit with Jenny. We are supposed to have some steady hours of rain ahead ☔🤗❤️🙏

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet mittens to add to your collection! I like the stripes!
    Enjoy all of the lotions, etc-what a fun pkg! We get weather from every direction here, too, which makes it interesting, doesn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Betsy, your friend made some wonderful mittens for you to give to those school children! How nice of her to help you out with your project. I hope the sun wins out on your weather, too. Our skies are grey but it's okay with me. It's chilly here too. I am feeling poorly so will not go swimming today, but have to run into town to get an Amazon purchase returned. Then straight back home by the fire. I'm going to be tidying up some things for our house and pet sitters next week. Keep warm! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful mittens to add to your stash for school kids! Menards has a runner that we used on our steps...I cut it to fit and used double sided tape to keep it in place...it worked well:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you get your sun. We are having beautiful weather and I will be painting outside while we do. What a lovely gift from your friend and the mittens are so sweet. I love the socks you are working on. What a miracle about the family who adopted....that happens a lot. So sweet of you to make a lovely set for their new addition. The blanket is really pretty. I hope those stair treads help Chloe. I think they are nice looking. Have a cozy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely socks you are working on. That was super sweet of Miss Sherri to send those lovely gifts and mittens. Wishing bright sunshine and warmth you way my dear sweet friend. Blessings to you and yours always. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is always nice to receive a package filled with things you love, isn't it. Those socks you are making are turning out beautiful.
    I know when it comes to our pets we will do what is needed to help their lives be a little easier. I have an older cat that is starting to move stiff-legged and my dog has what the vet thinks is a tumor. I hope the treads helps your puppy navigate the steps a little easier.
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been chilly and rainy here. More in mtns this weekend. Driving home from Salem in dark and rain was no fun last night. I've been perusing Columbia sportswear for another raincoat. I lost weight and now my purple raincoat is to big and black one not good at night that I got free a few years ago. Those mittens are so great and thankful she helped u out. I'd not share address online either my friend, yours. Nice purple gift too. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying Betsy for you and your dear ones, for Gods keeping power upon you all ... He has you in the hollow of His hand. He hears your prayers and your softest cries.
    The Lord loves carws as none other.
    Love the mittrns such a gift of love.
    Beautiful rug, praise for the new parents to be.. how good is God!
    ...and pray the treads work well. I commented long on last post and blogger ate it.
    Thanks for being a blessing, and may God bless you too.
    Happy Belated WOYWW.
    Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x #10

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  11. All your gift items are so neat! I love that sock pattern. It looks complicated to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Im so glad you got that scrubby just for you Betsy. After today at the barn fund raiser I'm IN to rest for the remainder of the weekend. A nasty cold virus has me . But it is sunny out and I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That gift from your friend is so nice! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a nice gift! All those cute little mittens. What a neat story about the the couple adopting all the children and now expecting one of their own. That is so special. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an incredible family that little boy will be born into. Thank you for sharing it Betsy, you know adopting foster children is near to my heart. Your gift was so nice, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've been busy! It's been rainy and chilly here, too, with some flooding even. Love those socks, a perfect fall color, too. What is the pattern? It looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw, that was so sweet of your friend to send you the special package and mittens! There are so many loving, caring hearts in this world. It is so heartwarming. May the Lord bless you, sweet friend, for all you do for others, and may it all come back to you a hundred fold!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a delightful package to receive in the mail Betsy! Your friend was so sweet and generous with her gifts for you, and mittens for the children! Our weather comes from all directions here as well, one just never knows, and can't really trust the weather forecaster either! I am so thankful for the abundant sunshine we are having today, it is wonderful after all the days of rain! How amazing that this couple is having a child of their own now that they've adopted four, what a blessing! Your blanket will be such a special gift for them! Hopefully the rugs on the stairs will help Chloe, it is hard to see our animals age!

    Many blessings and hugs to you today!

    ReplyDelete