Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Another week gone by,

Hello again.  Has it been a week since I posted?  My goodness! Where does the time go?  I have been spending most of every day during the week with Jenny and our weekend was jam-packed. I have not been able to take pictures of what I have been working on almost constantly, because they are going to be Christmas gifts. Suffice it to say I have been cross stitching for the first time in a while. I’ve really been enjoying it too.  I did finish these socks.

These are knit in the Hermione pattern with Knit Picks Stroll Tweed in the Forest Heather colorway.  I really like how they turned out.

My new sock project is also knit with Knit Picks Stroll Tweed in Persimmon Heather.

This is a new to me pattern that is in a box of sock patterns I’ve had for years but not used.  The pattern is written using charts only and I much prefer a written pattern. This one is fairly simple and is teaching me the patience of reading charts.
Michaels had a great sale this past Monday only. Loops and Threads Impeccable yarn was on sale for $1.99 a skein. I stocked up. This photo was from my first trip in the morning and then I decided to go back in the afternoon since this is the absolute cheapest I have ever seen this yarn. I ended up buying 26 skeins. I should have plenty for the mitten project for next year. I can get three pair of mittens out of each skein with a little ball left over. I use those leftovers to make the stripes, so nothing goes to waste.

I also received a package in the mail from Debra who is “Araignee” over on my side bar. She is such a generous person. She makes soaps every season and then gives them away to anyone who would like some. She included a lotion bar and a sweet card that she made. She never writes in the cards so that you can reuse them yourself. Isn’t that just the sweetest thing? You should smell this soap. It’s wonderful!  Thank you so much Debra.
And look at the inside of the card.

And I couldn’t leave without sharing a picture of sweet Piper at the pumpkin patch last weekend. It looks like it might have been a bit chilly and windy there since she has her winter coat on.

I hope you are all enjoying the fall weather, or spring if you’re down under. I got my flu shot today and boy oh boy, is my arm sore! Mandy got hers yesterday and said hers was pretty sore too. Dennis got his at the same time as I got mine and he said he’s fine. I sure hope it keeps me from getting the flu this year.  Do you get a flu shot? I think they are becoming quite controversial.  A few years ago it seemed like everybody got their flu shot every year. I know that Mandy sure recommends them, especially now that she’s working in an urgent care.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

“Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things.”  Philippians 4:8

Blessings,
Betsy 



20 comments:

  1. I haven't had a cold for over a year and I refused my flu shot. The previous 2 years when I had my flu shots I was really ill. Cough that just wouldn't go . I am not getting my shot this year either. Take my chances. My husband always has one as he has a low immune system and he had had a kidney transplant. They seem to suit him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me blush! Happy to see it all arrived safe and sound. The weather made it all iffy.
    Your yarn haul made me laugh. I'd have done the same thing if I had a Micheal's nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last year, I got my first ever flu shot. My son and daughter-in-law were told that their baby would most likely come 5 or 6 weeks early and that anyone that would come in contact with the baby had to have one. It was not all that traumatic and considering how sick I was with a documented case of the flu 20 years ago, I think I'll get one this year too.

    I have never mastered chart knitting, even though I have been knitting 61 years. I'm considering taking a class! Good luck on the charted socks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got in on such a good sale of yarn! I love the yarns you're making your socks with. Such a wonderful friend to send you such lovely gifts! I really like that lace sock pattern but I have never read from a chart except that one time and it was a class.
    I had my flu shot, they're different every year based on what strains of flu are prevalent that year. I always get it in my left arm since I am left handed and always relax your arm muscles before they inject you. I've never had a problem...ever...but then Dennis and I are both Capricorns! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great deal on the stash enhancement! The tweed yarn looks fabulous in the diagonal lace pattern. I got my flu shot last week, and I get it faithfully every year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your socks Betsy - the lace pattern is very pretty. I really like Knit Picks yarn for socks. I did get my flu shot - we have them at work each year which is nice. Fletch still needs to get his. Cute shot of Piper - she is growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As usual, I love the pictures. What a find on the yarn.
    To answer your question, I have not got my flu shot yet. I have to find time when I an home to get one.
    Have a great week, friend.
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful stock pile of yarn--I love the colors you purchased!
    The socks are great--the Hermione pattern is a great texture pattern!
    I love charts-so easy to glance down to see where you are!
    And flu shots-yes, I get one every year and yes, I get a reaction but it is still better than getting the flu which lasts for weeks instead of a day or two of feeling bleh after the shot! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Regarding Piper's picture ---- to me it SHOULD be a little chilly when you go to the pumpkin patch. She is adorable in the photo (as always).

    I never used to get a flu shot, BUT ..... now that I have autoimmune diseases AND I spend time at a nursing home (Steve's Dad's is in skilled care at a nursing home), I get my shot. I also got a pneumonia shot this year. Better safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, all that pretty yarn and the beautiful socks makes me want to knit, but I don't know how. Piper is such a beautiful little girl. That is such a sweet gift. Got to get my flu shot. My doctor doesn't have them in yet...the one for folks over 65.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Betsy, I have not gotten my flu shot yet but hope it is not too late by the time my scheduled appointment is. Because of the controversy I would like to not get it but...... not in the best health so will. Love all the pretty yarn you stocked up on. Pretty card and soap bar gift! She must be so talented. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you scored on the yarn sale! Happy knitting. Sure hope your snow is all melted; it's been rainy here. We have to get a flu shot each year as it's a requirement for volunteering at the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, little Piper is just so precious! You can just see how sweet she is in the pictures you share. I'm sure she enjoyed the pumpkin patch. There are so many fun things to do this time of year. May the Lord bless each one of you, dear friend. Your email meant the world to me the other day. Thank you so much for your sweet spirit and obedience to the Holy Spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cute is Piper! Great yarn sale! I like that Hermione pattern but have only found it for cables...not DPNs. I can only use DPNs...anything else would confuse me...as it is I use a list of rows:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your sox you've been knitting. I am not getting a flu shot this year due to various reasons. I was at Michaels on Sat. after our outing. Stopped to get a few items for bracelets i am making for a bazaar I'll be at early November. I need to get them done soon. My plan is to stop at Hobby Lobby in a couple days to get a few items I need at tha bazaar. I plan on just buying what I need. Will see! Nice yarn stash!!! Hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a nice newsy post! Wow.. I love the new colors of yarn you got for the mitten project.. so brilliant. I'm sure the kids will love them. I also like the stripes you make in them, they are so fun and cute. Piper looks happy to be at the pumpkin patch. What a good momma. I also love both the pairs of socks you're doing, so professional with the lacy pattern. I think heathered yarn is wonderful and perfect for winter! We head to Yosemite next week, I'm pretty excited about it but a bit worried about snow in the passes. Wish us luck. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't think I've ever gotten a flu shot. Right now I have a cold thanks to my husband but if I get one, it's usually only maybe once a year. The weather here is trying to change, still hot and has been humid, so lots of folks getting sick. The socks are lovely and great price for all that yarn. Good time to stock up for sure. The card and handmade soap and lotion bars are wonderful gifts. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad you were able find a good price for the pretty mitten yarn. The socks you make are lovely! I have been going to a Thursday night knitting group and plan to start a pair of tube socks there tonight. While I was at an annual doctor exam I got a flu shot two weeks ago, but somehow missed getting a shot last year...but thankfully did not get the flue either. Enjoyed seeing the wonderful gifts A sent you, and I always enjoy seeing Miss Piper as well :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I missed the Michael's yarn sale but that's not a bad thing as I still have quite a stash to go through! My hubby and I will get our flu shots next week. I got my first flu shot about fifteen years ago and ended up with a horrible case of the flu, so I never got another one until two years ago when my primary care strongly urged me to get one. Hubby has gotten one for several years and never had the flu.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful yarn and wonderful socks my friend. I think Piper is just so adorable and getting so big!

    ReplyDelete