Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Small Addition

Today after taking a drive in the mountains with my dear mother-in-law, I came home to find a bag with 9 more hats hanging on my front door!  I have no idea who brought them as there was no note attached.  A big thank-you to whomever it was if you're reading this!

So the total is revised a bit.  966 hats and 1460 total items!!!!

We had a beautiful day today here in sunny Spokane.  It was 81 and blue, blue, blue skies.  The drive we took was north in Washington State, almost to the Canadian border.  The mountains are on either side of you on the highway and it's so very, very beautiful.

Tomorrow our plan is to take Mom to Coeur d' Alene, Idaho and then northward to the town of Sandpoint, Idaho.  This is truly God's country.  I've never seen so much beauty all in one area.  Having grown up in Nebraska/Iowa, I know the prairie has a beauty all it's own, but in my humble opinion, nothing can compete with the inland northwest.  I love the summers of no humidity.  I remember, before moving out west, the summers of taking a shower, drying off and being icky, sweaty before you could even get dressed!  It's not like that here at all.  We used to drive 10 hours to get to the Black Hills to camp on vacation.  Now we drive less than 20 minutes to find the same type of countryside.  I'll try to remember to take some pictures tomorrow to show you this beautiful part of the country.  The camera was left on the kitchen counter today.

Thanks for reading my rambles and I'll see you all again soon.

2 comments:

  1. How interesting! My mother grew up in the Sand Hills in Nebraska. We were raised in Minnesota (10 miles from Iowa) and made the long trip to the Black Hills a few times when I was a child too! Oh, the memories!
    Latvia's climate is a lot like the midwest - flat, lots of lakes, lots of trees and COLD winters.
    We recently moved out of the forested resort area along the coast and are now out in the open where I can see the sky again. Oh, what a difference it has made for me. I can breathe in the open space and watch the clouds come rolling in.
    I'm not sure how I would handle mountains. Italy once was a frightening trip. I much prefer the flatlands to live. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaylana:

    We used to make a loop from Nebraska to Yellowstone National Park and then to the Black Hills every year when our children were little. It was always a wonderful trip. What enticed you to move to Latvia? I would love to hear more about your home. This is a wonderful way to make new friends.
    Blessings,

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete