Happy Thursday. Thank you all for praying for Spokane. Yesterday was the last time I heard anything and the evacuation orders were almost all lifted for the city. Our old house still stands and people are making their way back home and slowly coming to the realization of what is left. It's a terribly sad time for them all. I know many other communities around the west are dealing with the same thing and it breaks my heart. I'm praying of all of them and that the rains will arrive soon.
Meanwhile this was the state of the weather here yesterday. Notice the "feels like" temperature of 107F. I think we're all over this heat wave this summer and just want some cooler weather to arrive.
This was the containment for the fires as of Tuesday afternoon. I haven't been able to catch a screenshot since then but this is so much better than last week and I'm sure the numbers have improved even more since then.I was able to complete another baby blanket. This was using Bernat Baby Sport yarn in the Blossom color way. I used an I hook and made a simple picot border. I've been making this for years and is a very simple sc, hdc, dc pattern.
I was asked about the blanket on my last post. It's the "Virus" baby blanket. I've had the pattern so long that I don't know where I found it. I know it was a free pattern because I rarely pay for them.
Dennis went kayaking last night with our friends. He used his new to him kayak we found on FaceBook marketplace. He said it worked great. They saw two eagles, herons, a duck family and lots of other birds and people. I'm so glad we decided to sell the double inflatable kayak and get him a regular kayak. He said it's much easier to propel with a lot less effort.
My colonoscopy is scheduled for next Tuesday and we're leaving for our camping trip for about 6 weeks on Wednesday. We're getting excited to see our son and Montana grand kids, along with all of our friends in Spokane. First we'll be in the Black Hills for a week with Curt and Barb. I'm praying that during the colonoscopy the doctor will find that she was able to get the entire tumor/mass that was removed six months ago. I really don't want to drink another gallon of that vile concoction anytime soon. :-)
What a blessing you all are to me. Thank you for hanging in there with me with a relatively sporadic summer of being online. I'm hoping that the campgrounds over the next 6 weeks have good wifi for my laptop.
I also hope and pray that that each of you has a great weekend and I'll be checking out your blogs.
Blessings and love,Many are weary and sad;
Carry the sunshine where darkness is rife,
Making the sorrowing glad.
Out of my life may Jesus shine;
Make me a blessing, O Savior, I pray,
Make me a blessing to someone today.
Tell of His pow’r to forgive;
Others will trust Him if only you prove
True, every moment you live.
Love as the Master loved you;
Be to the helpless a helper indeed,
Unto your mission be true.
The fires were terrible in Spokane! I'm glad your home is still standing! Soon we will get a break from the high dog days temps!!!!
ReplyDeleteIt's been so terribly hot here for weeks. When they said we would be in the 80's this week I was so happy but then the humidity makes it feel like the 90's. Ugh. I need to get out in a cool breeze. This has been a terrible summer but at least we haven't had to deal with the fires. How awful for everyone. And those mid-western storms. Floods, property damage. I bet the insurance companies are not happy.
ReplyDeletePrayers for a good report on your colonoscopy! We need to put that episode behind you. And glad your cardiologist is keeping a close eye on your pacemaker and will get it replaced right on time!
ReplyDeletePoor Spokane. I am glad the fires are leaving but the devastation they left will take time to heal.
Enjoy your trip! Six whole weeks of travels, friends, family, scenery and peace. A great way to celebrate the end of summer.
I pray for good results for you Betsy, it is hard to wait and see. I hope that you will have a wonderful trip out West! Drive safe and look out for idiots!
ReplyDelete