Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Good Morning! We are on our way to South Dakota! It's about 11:30 am as I'm typing this and we just passed one of the many Lewis and Clark State Parks around the midwest and northwest. We're only going about a four hour drive today. We planned it that way since I had my colonoscopy yesterday and we didn't know if I would be feeling very well. I admit to being a little sore in my abdomen as she cut more of the mass out. She thinks she got it all this time and it's been sent for a biopsy. I'll need another colonoscopy, probably in a year or so, but she's waiting for the biopsy to say for sure.

Meanwhile, while waiting for me at the hospital, Dennis got a raging migraine. He hasn't had one in years but they took him off his BP medicine about two weeks ago because his BP was on the lower side. He's in great shape! We knew the meds were keeping him from the migraines because this happened in Spokane too. I have a message in to his doctor to get a new RX for just amlodipine without the BP component. She talked to him about it at his appt. and I wish she had just prescribed it then. 

Anyway, obviously I couldn't drive, (I slept all afternoon). He barely made it home before being violently ill. He took his migraine meds and slept a few hours and was good to go again. Ugh. It's always something. 

I don't have a lot to report from the last few days other than medical stuff and who wants to just read that, so I unearthed a few photos from one of our trips to London a couple of years ago. I don't remember if I shared them then or not so I thought I would again.

I don't remember which museum this was but we were able to see the Rosetta Stone in person. It was so interesting and a fascinating piece of history.


Here's a close up photo of the writing on it. Let me know if you can read and interpret it! Ha!

I believe it was the same trip that we went for a VERY nice English high tea at the historic Landmark Hotel in London. The tables were set up on this elevated area. We had our very own server who was very attentive. It was a gorgeous setting.

A few of the delectable treats. We also had sandwiches and tea/coffee. 
I wish I could show you more of the wonderful food and hotel, but all of my photos have our dear DIL and son in them and I can't show you her face online. 

Jenny bought me this sweet little antique oil lamp at the General Dodge House in Council Bluffs, Iowa when she visited this summer. It's very old. They have a corner where the people who support the Dodge House sell trinkets and family heirlooms. I found the little birds at the Thrift store for fifty cents apiece! They match almost perfectly and I love them together.

Okay my friends, I guess I'll close this short post and try to pop in on your blogs while I have internet! I'll be checking in when I can.

Blessings and hugs,

Betsy

THRE IS A REEDEMER

There is a redeemerJesus, God's own sonPrecious lamb of God, MessiahHoly one
Jesus my redeemerName above all namesPrecious lamb of God, MessiahOh, for sinners slain.
Thank you oh my fatherFor giving us your sonAnd leaving your spirit'Til the work on earth is done.
When I stand in gloryI will see his faceAnd there I'll serve my king foreverIn that holy place.
Thank you oh my fatherFor giving us your sonAnd leaving your spirit'Til the work on earth is done.
There is a redeemerJesus, God's own sonPrecious lamb of God, MessiahHoly one
Thank you oh my fatherFor giving us your sonAnd leaving your spirit'Til the work on earth is done.And leaving your spirit'Till the work on earth is done.




No comments:

Post a Comment