Monday, July 22, 2024

We’re Home!

We've returned home! After a month on the road it's good to be home, but truly, the camper bed is just as comfortable as our bed here. :-) We both repeated several times that we could happily live in our 30 foot camper. It has all that we need. If the weather was more favorable here, we would definitely be living in our trailer. We love it and enjoy every part of camper living.

Below you see our co-driver never taking her eyes off of the road. She is very observant and doesn't sleep on the job. On our last day we had a drive of 11 1/2 hours and she never let us down with her dedication to her task. Especially when she saw cows! She always let us know very vocally if there was a cow in a field close by.

I did make about 22-24 dishcloths with scraps of "I Love This Cotton" while we were driving. I don't have a photo of all of them because some were given away to friends in Spokane.

Also three pair of socks were knitted during our month away. The first pair was Paton's Kroy in Brown Rose Marl. I did an 18 row k2, p2 cuff. The pattern in the rest was k6, p2 with an Eye of Partridge heel.

I think this is also Paton's Kroy, but I lost the label somewhere along the way and don't have the colorway name. Plain vanilla socks with the same cuff as above and Eye of Partridge heel.  I tried very hard to get the stripes the same in this pair and I'm happy with the results.

The last pair was Patons Kroy in the Celestial Colors colorway and the pattern used was the same as the first pair. Socks are small and easy to carry when traveling and I enjoyed knitting all of these.

This was a photo I took outside our camper close to Custer, SD last week. I just thought it was a gorgeous cloud against the blue sky and evergreen trees. Oh, how I love the Black Hills of South Dakota. Dennis and I both agree it's our favorite place in the world. Since he has traveled most of the world with his work, that's saying something.

The Yellowstone River just outside of Livingston, Montana. So beautiful.

The sun rising over the hills as we drove through the Black Hills as we left for the drive home on the final day.

I have a few more photos to post of the trip, but not very many as we spent more time with friends and enjoying every moment.

I didn't have internet much of the time we were gone. I could get online with my phone but not my computer. I can only comment and post on my computer, so I have been out of contact with all of you for awhile. I hope if we ever are able to travel more like this, I'll be able to find a solution and be able to post and comment on your blogs.

I'll be able to visit your blogs again now that we're back. So many things have happened in our world in the past month. I'm almost glad that I was 'out of the loop' for awhile. I'm grateful that former President Trump's life was spared in the assasination attempt, but I pray daily for Mr. Compertore's family and the other victims of the shooting and their families. How terrible that something like this happened and that there are still no answers as to the lax security.

Our country definitely needs prayers at this time and through the election period. In fact, the entire world seems to be falling apart, especially in the middle east. And how did Russia and China get naval vessels within 80 miles of our coastline with no repercussions? Maybe I'm glad I didn't see much news for a month. We need a return to God and love for each other instead of hatred. 

I've missed you all and will try to visit your blogs today or tomorrow. I have to go to the eye doctor in an hour so I don't know if I'll be able to see the computer later today but I'll try. 

Take care and I'll be back soon.

Blessings and hugs,
Betsy


18 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Glad you had such a great time traveling. That picture of the cloud is just stunning. And your faithful co-pilot. Looks like she loves traveling as much as you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home! I was thinking about you just the other day and wondering when you would be home again! So glad you've had a good time and that you made it there and back safely! Love all the things you've knitted and also all the beautiful pictures of the gorgeous world around you...all God's wonderful creation. Yes, our country/world certainly needs our prayers and most of all , they need Jesus! Praying Praying Praying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're back safe and sounds, Betsy and Dennis. We missed you. Sounds like everything went well for you, and you had a good trip. Yes our country sure needs our prayers especially between now and November. Lord have mercy on us all. Love all the things you made on your trip....socks and dishcloths too! Rest up and enjoy being back home again! Take good care, both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that picture of Zoe!
    You were certainly productive in your time away!
    Glad you had a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you had a wonderful and safe trip! It sounds like you had a great time visiting friends. Your projects are awesome, especially the socks! I pray every day that our country will quit worshipping guns. This was the same gun that killed the children in Uvalde. I will never understand why these young men feel they have to carry a weapon of war.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good to know you're back safe and sound. It's great that you're so comfortable in your RV. I'm amazed at all the knitting you did while you were gone...between all the dish cloths and the socks you managed almost a project every day!!!
    The huge white cloud in the intense blue sky is my favourite picture today 💗💗💗

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome Home! Glad you could get away and see friends and glad for your safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've missed you, too! I'm glad you two (three) had a wonderful time and love the life God has given you! The projects are so pretty and that cloud photo is amazing! Yes, I am so glad the assassination attempt was a failure; so much evil in high places.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to hear you had a good time! Enjoyed the pictures, God's art is always beautiful. My brother lives is a camper on the most beautiful piece of property. He loves it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back! You dishcloths came out very nice. I have some balls of I Love This Cotton and I think its Premier Yarn from Dollar Tree so I want to make some more dishcloths too. I love that cloud. We have some very impressive clouds here now that we are in monsoon season. Its good to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome home!
    The Mister's brother and his wife just sold their home and bought a 36 ft trailer and a truck to haul it. They are going to live in it full time while they travel the country. I envy them. I'm so sick of this house and all the work I could scream.
    My oldest son is on the team that put the US nuclear sub in the water to answer the Russian threat and told me there is nothing to worry about now. Putin couldn't be that stupid as to think we didn't notice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad that you both made it back to Nebraska safely. Your trailer sounds amazing and cozy. I remember being in one when you had one by a river near Spokane. I read something via military news how a man who helped the man who was shot. Quite the good but sad story. We had a good time being on the coast and have another vacation in Oct elsewhere near Columbia River Gorge. Thanks for your nice comment. I missed you but I do remember our times together through the years on our blogs and meeting in a few areas. Megan is doing ok and recovering with less pain. I need to make dinner, so God bless you and Dennis and praying for good health and safely!!--Becky

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome home! Happy to hear you had a nice trip and some productive knitting time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You both visited some of the best of God’s creation. Thank you for sharing it with us. I’m glad you’re now safely home. Thank you for sharing the wonderful Word of God. May you be richly blessed.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome back home! It’s great that you enjoyed your time on the road and felt so comfortable in your camper. Your co-driver sounds like a dedicated companion, especially with her enthusiasm for spotting cows!

    Your knitting projects look fantastic, and it's impressive how you managed to keep the stripes aligned. The photos from your travels are stunning, especially the cloud against the sky near Custer and the Yellowstone River. The Black Hills and the Montana landscapes truly seem to hold a special place in your hearts.

    Thanks for sharing your journey and the beautiful sights you encountered! READ MY NEW BLOG POST> THANK YOU>

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you are home safe and sound but so glad you had a wonderful time! That cloud was amazing...I love clouds. That is something that in all the world the Black Hills are your favorite. I'm sure I would love it too. I love the beauty of nature. You were very productive while you were away! Lovely socks and dish cloths. good luck at the eye doctor! Hugs ~ Sam

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so glad you had a safe and spectacular trip. It must be nice knowing you have another set of eyes to keep you all alert.

    ReplyDelete