Monday, July 10, 2023

Starting Home

Tomorrow we’ll begin our trek back home. But first a few photos of the scenery along the way during the drive here. I didn’t take many photos while in Spokane because I just didn’t think about it. We were busy all day long, every day for the seven days we were there. I do hope you enjoy the photos of the drive though.

The first one is our very first glimpse of the Rocky Mountains. Such a welcome sight signaling that we were getting closer to our destination.

Gorgeous! How we both Love the mountains.💜

We passed over the Continental Divide just east of Butte, MT. Sorry about the glare.

So beautiful.

Winding mountain roads. Just look at that blue, blue sky.

Heading over the last pass in Idaho before our arrival in Spokane. We went over 4th of July Pass so we could spend the 4th of July with our family and friends in Spokane!🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
This is the only photo I took the entire week we were in Spokane!  Larry, Nita, Lori, Dennis and I went to Loon Lake for ice cream at Four Corners. Long time readers will remember that these are our lake camping buddies. For ten years we all spent the summer together at the lake. Gosh, I do miss those days. Poor Paul had to work so he didn’t get to join us.

After church on Sunday we had lunch with 12 other people and then left for Helena, MT.  Last Sunday, the day after we arrived, 35 people went to lunch with us at Perkins after church! That was wonderful. We had the “party room” and sat around and visited for about three hours.

On the road again!

Heading down McDonald Pass just outside of Helena yesterday. It was about a 5 1/2 hour drive from Spokane.

Still on McDonald Pass.

Looking down towards Helena. There is a reason Montana is called Big Sky Country!

Meanwhile, back in Omaha, these two have been inseparable while we’ve been gone.

I’m not positive that Zoey will want to go home with us. Aren’t they the cutest? They are the sweetest, most loving little dogs. Apparently Zoey has loved all of the activity at their house and goes to bed exhausted every night.

We had an exciting time tonight that I’ll share in the next post. Meanwhile, tomorrow we head eastward, back across Montana, Wyoming and into S. Dakota where we’ll spend the night in Wall, SD before arriving home Wednesday sometime. It’s been a busy week and a half, but we’re so glad we came. Take care my friends.

Blessings and love,
Betsy

14 comments:

  1. On the road again, huh? Looked like a nice trip. I hope Dennis is driving ok with all he has gone through. Mostly cloudy today but still warm. No rain so I watered plants outdoors after I got back home from bible study. Harriot, the cat, came over to see me when I was watering then Megan drove onto driveway so he zoomed away but came back. He enjoys being here. Adorable cat even though he's a neighbor cat. New neighbors have 4 small dogs that are usually in their house. Good to be able to meet them. I only saw the dogs when they were in the back lawn. I heard them bark when Phil and I went in their house on Sat to check something out for the lady in kitchen. Two children as well. Have a good time when you get home and settled after unpacking your items. I liked Loon Lake!! Enjoyed being there with you two a few years ago!! Hugs and blessings, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I've missed seeing your posts so it is nice to get an update! Safe travels--beautiful scenery indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great trip and that scenery....wow! How lucky to have a good place for Zoey to go when you travel. All our critters pretty much keep us home bound these days. I miss the days when I had a kiddo living in one of the downstairs bedrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like such a wonderful trip. I loved hearing about the gathering with so many friends...what a blessing! The scenery is just gorgeous! I've never been out there before, so it is all so amazing to me! Oh, I bet your Zoey will be just as happy to see you again and to get back to her own home and bed. It's nice she's had a happy place to stay, but "there's no place like home." Take care and have a safe rest of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful part of the country, but even better was seeing your old friends. Looks like a good time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I must thank you for sharing those beautiful photos! I have never been out that way, and I was so amazed at the beauty! I am so glad you were able to meet up with friends, and that you ha a wonderful trip! Anxious to hear more, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful road trip and gorgeous pictures! So glad you are getting to visit with all your friends. Thanks for taking us along. And I am even more glad that you spent time talking and laughing in fellowship than taking photos. That's the important part. I am glad you were still able to take the trip and hope Dennis is doing well. You guys can rest when you get home, LOL. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the mountain views ever so pretty! So glad you made the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clouds, ahhhh clouds. I love those clouds in the first photo. I showed Jerry your Montana photos ... remember way back before he became disabled we thought we'd move to Helena... or Great Falls. We'd made plans and were well on the way saving money. Ah, well. Maybe it was a good thing everything changed. We can barely stand the cold now. But when we were younger, we had all those ideas and plans. LOL! I'm sure Zoey will be all wags and kisses when you guys finally show up! Prayers for a safe trip the rest of the way! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love all the scenery pics!!! All the places we saw when we traveled with our little van. I'm so glad your visiting went well, the drive wasn't too much for Dennis, all-in-all a great trip. (Only it could have been another week longer, right?_) But I'm sure it will be nice to be home again. Granny M

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful scenery. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Safe arrival home. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful part of the world! I'm sure Zoey will be thrilled to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, love, love! the mountains. My very favorite place to visit on vacation and I am the only person I know who loves those winding roads! It sounds like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful pictures Betsy - thank you for sharing. By now you must be home. I hope Dennis is healing well.

    ReplyDelete