Saturday, February 25, 2023

Blue Skies!

Although it’s been very cold the skies are blue today and a warm up into the 40’s is supposed to happen. Brad & Mandy are getting new flooring throughout their house so Lizzie has stayed with us all week and will be here through Monday. These two are exhausted with playing and are loving every minute together.

I changed the decorations on the door from Valentine’s Day to St. Patrick’s.

Once again I can’t get both sides in one photo.
Remember the socks I made while in London with the Paton’s Kroy? I ran out of yarn with both balls so I finished the toes with some leftover turquoise yarn. I kind of like them. A bit quirky.

Here’s my finished Portage sweater. It’s so comfortable and soft. Judy asked about the yarn I used. It is from Hobby Lobby, I Love This Yarn in the color “Fireworks Show.”

The pockets are my favorite part of the sweater. They’re so roomy and spacious.

This past week I made a shawl for the hospitals prayer ministry. It’s made with Impeccable yarn in the colors  Cream and Buttercup. I just did a simple granny stripe with a single crochet and half-double crochet border. The shawl is 2 feet wide and 5 1/2 feet long.
I also made an “Every Which Way” baby blanket for good friends of Alex and Tara who live outside of London. They are expecting a little boy soon.

I started another prayer shawl as a granny triangle. I’m using deep stash yarn that I’ve had for years. Red Heart in the color “Grape Fizz”. I forgot how stiff the older Red Heart is to work with, but once it’s washed it will be nice and soft.

I brought this jar home from London. It came with honey in it. Can you see the cute little bees in the glass?

More cute bees. I’m not sure what I’ll use it for but I couldn’t bear to throw it away. I even like the label with the little bee on it.

I still don’t have a voice and I’m also still coughing quite a bit. I had a telehealth appointment with my doctor on Wednesday and he prescribed antibiotics for bronchitis. Hopefully they will work and I’ll be better soon. There is so much sickness out there right now. Hopefully you are all well and healthy.

I’ve been following with interest the revivals and prayer meetings on campus’s around the world. May God be glorified and lifted up at each one and let no person seek to elevate themselves through it all.

Blessings and love to you all,
Betsy


22 comments:

  1. Love all you projects, but I really like those turquoise toes! And Portage is just stunning

    I hope you're feeling better soon - I had bronchitis a few years back and it took a good month to clear, even with antibiotics

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always admire the things you make. The striped socks with bright blue toes look so cute!! And the jar with the bees on the label as well as on the jar itself is a keeper. I have a weakness for cute jars ( let's face it, I have a weakness for many things *smile*) and I have a nice collection of them I'm sure you'll find a use for yours. Granny M

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new sweater. It looks very cozy. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like socks you made as the colors are very good ๐Ÿ‘ sweater is nice as well. I just got 2 pattern books from Knit Picks for sweaters. I'm looking forward to making one this year. I hope you feel better soon ๐Ÿ™ ๐ŸŒท enjoy your adorable dogs ๐Ÿ• ๐Ÿ’– God bless you both!...Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. ERES TAN GENIAL EN TUS TEJIDOS, AMO TODOS TUS PROYECTOS, PERO SOBRE TODO ESE CHAL COLOR PURPURA ES MI FAVORITO. BENDICIONES DULCE HERMANA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. YOU ARE SO GREAT IN YOUR KNITTING, LOVE ALL YOUR PROJECTS, BUT ESPECIALLY THAT PURPLE SHAWL IS MY FAVORITE. BLESSINGS SWEET SISTER.

      Delete
  6. Love those toes, and the stripes match perfectly. Nice work. Actually I love all of your projects and the fact that in addition to being a talented knitter, you are also an excellent crocheter! Feel better soon, please. Hugs, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to hear you got some medication so you can begin to feel better. Love the socks you did great! You have some great projects you are working on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm, I just wrote a post that seems to have disappeared? Anyhow, I love all of your pretty projects and that you are a talented knitter and also an excellent crocheter. The blue-green toes are and so are those stripes! Feel better soon. Hugs, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So good to read your latest post Betsy! Ooh I love that sweater that you finished, and I love those socks, I think your door decorations look awesome too. We just got done decorating our condo for St. Patty's Day too. Nice and green inside, even if it is all white outside. We have huge piles of snow....more than I can ever remember. Yikes. Take good care.....hope your meds do the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you keep feeling stronger each day! the yarn creations are beautiful-nice work! the socks are very fun with their pop of color for the toes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of your creations are marvelous!!! The blue on the toes of the socks really give them some POP, and I love your sweater. Your door decorations look great, I still haven't put out anything for St Pat's Day, I'm sure dragging my feet. I'll get it done this next week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always fun to see pups enjoying playtime. You'v been making lots of nice, useful projects. I have some of the old Red Heart and it is very thick and stiff. That's what I was used to when I moved to Kuwait so was quite a shock when everything here was so very thin. Much more variety now, of course, but can't find many natural fibers except cotton. I do love quirky -- the socks are great! Sorry to hear you've not been well. Thanks to my husband, I recently once again had a cold and cough that took 2 weeks to get over -- just like in November. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I sure hope you feel better soon! I like your sweater - especially the pockets and the turquoise toes on your socks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely projects! I've yet to switch from red to green but am looking forward to doing it on Wednesday. I'm still sewing the binding down on the March placemats and it's a chore. I love those stripy socks with the the turquoise toes. I hate the Kroy shorts you with their sock yarn. I love their colorways and the sturdiness of the yarn but I won't buy it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those socks are so cute! I bet you smile every time you put them on. And the pockets on the sweater - genius!!! Every sweater needs to be that length and have those pockets!!!!!! (so many exclamation points, I know, but I mean them!) The blue blanket is just perfect for the little baby boy's arrival. You have been busy! The shawls, too!

    I sure hope you kick this thing soon! So many germs around, I blame this crazy weather. You would think that, now that we are all trained in handwashing and sanitizer, there would be less germs spread around. Take care of yourself and enjoy the puppies!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the socks. The turquoise toes are perfect! And that sweater is gorgeous! You certainly do have talent! I can't knit or crochet, so I appreciate what others can do. The shawls are so nice. I may have told you before that a church gave me and my son prayer shawls when he was fighting cancer. It really meant so much to both of us. I love the little honey jar! I'm glad you saved it. I brought home a similar shaped jar (without the bees) from our earlier trip to GA., with some delicious jam in it. I decided to save it as well, and put some little Valentine's Candy hearts in it for Valentine's day. When they are all gone I will think of something else. It was just too cute to throw away! I hope you feel better soon. I had laryngitis and sinusitis for a couple of weeks, but am finally able to talk and even sang in the choir today. Praise God. Take care and get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Like everyone else, I love the turquoise toes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your projects are beautiful but I like the purple triangle the best. One of these days I should really try making socks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really love the blue blanket that you made... so delicate and pretty.I like making shawls, they go quickly and give such a sense of satisfaction when they are done.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope by now you are feeling better. I love the bright turquoise toes. The sweater looks very cozy and comfortable. The pockets are a great feature.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope you feel better soon! Bronchitis is no fun at all.

    You are such a productive stitcher - what lovely shawl and blanket and sweater, and I love the turquoise-toed socks. Black and white always looks good with a pop of color.

    That honey jar is adorable, and a lovely souvenir. I like to keep little things like that from trips too. The spring coat I wore today has an Underground map from my 2010 trip to England in one of the pockets. I always forget it's in there, and get a fun surprise each year when I find it again. I keep train and museum ticket and stubs in various books as bookmarks as well - they are such fun reminders of events past.

    ReplyDelete