Friday, June 12, 2020

Flowers

Good morning everyone. I thought I would share with you some of the beautiful flowers that are currently blooming here at the lake. I took Chloe on her morning walk and snapped a few photos for you.

I think the first two photos are of wild roses. I don’t know flower names very well, but I remember having these in my childhood in Iowa. My mother loved them.

Isn’t this just gorgeous?

I have no idea what this flower is. Do any of you know? I found it on a rocky hillside.

And then there is this patch of HUGE iris that has been blooming for about three weeks now. I have never seen an iris this big.  There is a baby bunny that lives under those stairs.

These are in our little camping area by Nita’s trailer.
I also have a pair of socks almost finished. The top one just needs the kitchener stitch done and the bottom one needs toe decreases done. Again. I am trying so hard to get these to be matching socks but do you see that strip of turquoise right smack in the middle of the sock? The bottom sock.  That turquoise strip is a little wider than the sock on top.  Everything else matches perfectly. I have no idea what happened there, unless during the dying process one area was dyed a little longer.  Dennis assures me that no one will ever notice if I don’t point it out. I have ripped the toe out three times trying to get them to match.  This time, however it turns out, there it will stay. I’m not doing it again.

Alex flew from Tokyo to London yesterday. This is either Narita or Haneda airport in Tokyo. Not a soul to be found. Normally both of these airports are bustling with thousands and thousands of people. Very eerie.

And look at how the flight attendants are dressed. Now that would terrify me and I would get right back off the plane. Can you imagine having to wear a hazmat suit for work every day? Especially in a small space like an airplane. If you suffer from claustrophobia that would be awful.

Chloe and I went into town this week for a couple of hours. She had to go to the vet to get weighed and they said she gained 9 pounds in the last month! They were worried that she had lost weight at her last visit so they were thrilled. Honestly? I think it was their scale. She has not gained 9 pounds in one month. She looks exactly the same to us. But the vet is happy so I guess all is well with the world! Ha! 

Then we stopped at Walmart and got the grocery pick up order. There were a couple of substitutions.  I had ordered two great value 8 oz ham steaks. They substituted two 16 ounce John Morrel ham steaks. That is a great deal! I cut them up and put them in macaroni and cheese in case any of you are wondering what I do with them. The other substitution was macaroni.  I had ordered two 8 ounce boxes of great value macaroni and they substituted two 16 ounce boxes of Mission brand macaroni. Another great deal! I kind of like this grocery pick up.

I hope you are all having a wonderful week and staying healthy.  Sometimes it feels the world is spiraling completely out of control. 2020 has been interesting so far, to say the very least. I’m sure glad that I know where my hope ultimately is. I hope you all have a wonderful relaxing weekend wherever you may be.

Blessings and love,
Betsy

24 comments:

  1. Hazmat suits for the crew, but not the passengers?

    2020 has sure been interesting! I wonder what is next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are beautiful and the roses look so natural - not cultivated! As always, the socks are unbelievable. I tried one pair of argyle and got one of the them finished. That was a long time ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...those airport photos are really something. My nephew and his wife had to fly to London also on their way home from his government post when they were all called back to the states. They only could bring the clothes they were wearing and one small bag. They've been staying with friends in DC until they can go back to Turkmenistan where he works. It's his parents that are so sick right now. It's been a miserable couple of months for all of them I'm sure.
    Those red iris are spectacular!! And I LOVE the stripe colors on those socks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are definitely wild roses, but I'm not sure about that purple one.
    Love the irises.
    I don't like the HAZMAT suits, but I love the idea of empty airports. I love to fly, but I HATE the airports.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to look at flowers when Phinnie and I walk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Mom loved wild roses and had several that grew along the ditch bank near the house. Hard to believe the Tokyo airport is so deserted. I imagine the train service is impacted that way as well. Wearing masks is a common practice in Japan, but the sight of hazmats suits of the plane would be unnerving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flower photos are so pretty. I have zero desire to use any sort of public transportation... plane, trains, subways... not thank you. Fortunately I live in a place where I don't need to depend on it. I never thought of putting ham in mac and cheese, what a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty flowers you have around you at the lake. Thanks for sharing. In 1975 I can remember being herded into a little room at the crowded Tokyo airport as we waited for another flight so the photo Alex sent is startling to me along with the attendant wearing a hazmat suit! I'm with Dennis about his opinion on the lovely socks you are making. I so appreciate the prayer in Romans 15:13. Thanks for posting, Betsy. Happy Weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your flowers are so so lovely Betsy. Im still praying for you as you grieve.
    Flight attendants look like space aliens.
    The prayer is lovely.
    and the socks are great Betsy! ! Im casting on socks tonight. First socks in over a year I think! Im excited. Fireman is talking to zach right now on the computer. I'll get my turn in a minute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. photo #3 is purple spiderwort.

    I can't imagine wearing a haz-mat suit to do the kind of work they do, but then if you look at the passenger not wearing her mask correctly, it is probably necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What wonderful flowers you have around you at the lake! I'm happy you get to spend time in your beautiful and cozy trailer even though the weather is acting more like Fall than Summer! I hope Alex has a safe trip to visit his fiance. I think we need to see a new photo of the two of them together. :-) We have Caleb here for 3 nights so we're enjoying having him with us. We're having great conversations about equality of all people and such. He told us he steps in when kids are getting bullied at school. We're proud of him. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, the flowers are beautiful and I fully enjoyed the tour! The airport looks so strange empty like that! the socks are just right!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful flowers, I'm so happy that you have your place at the lake to go to. It must be a comfort during these troubled days.
    I'm with you about getting on that plane. No thank you!
    Nice way to close your post . . . Very encouraging verse.
    God bless you.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Betsy,, I love when Walmart makes substitutions,, it is always for the better....
    My Iris's are just now starting to bloom... hopefully tonight's storm won't damage them. Have a great weekend... Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What lovely flowers! So nice that Alex got to travel to be with his girlfriend. It must be hard on them. Love those socks regardless...I couldn't see anything. Take care and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your socks and the flowers are gorgeous. Not so fond of the hazmat suits though! I've been seeing more and more people wearing masks like that - not covering their nose. What the heck?

    ReplyDelete
  17. The roses you first showed are pretty. We have them in our area as well. I don't think airline attendant is in a hazmat suit as you'd need it thicker and a shield over the face. A good way to stay clean and less touches of something nasty. Deserted airport would make me feel uneasy going thru there. There was a rally in town on Fri. We stayed home. It appears to have been peaceful. The socks look good. Check out solemate socks. Their line is..life's too short to match socks. I enjoy wearing them. I went to Safeway for just a few items. Not a lot of people there. Aisle had arrows ...one way. Almost like streets..ha ha. It took me a few minutes to see the arrows. Hopefully our county will open phase 2 next week. Will see! Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have so much beauty around you. Take care my friend. God's blessings,
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your talent with knitting socks never ceases to amaze. The airport certainly looked eerie and the suit for the flight attendant was a little scary I must admit. Hopefully Alex had a safe flight. Good news that all is well with Chloe. Take care sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The flowers you showed us are so beautiful. Glad Alex arrived safely although it is very scary to be traveling on airplanes. We have canceled our trip to Wisconsin, no way I am taking my little boy through two airports, a flight and a rental car. Stay safe Betsy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The unknown plant is a Spiderwort, I used to have some, but I think they froze out! Your socks are great! Trying to make a matched pair is hard. My cousin always said "The dumb won't notice and the smart won't say a thing."
    I love Wild Roses, they smell so awesome.
    Enjoy your time at the lake.

    ReplyDelete
  22. My, that IS so eerie looking to see that airport like that! And, those workers having to dress like that just to go to work. Have you ever heard of such strange times? I do believe Jesus is coming soon. It was so comforting to visit with you today, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. i have a friend who had to fly recently and ordered a hazmat suit...her granddaughters made her a tail and ears and horns and turned her into a unicorn. Fortunately the TSA people got a chuckle out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm loving all your flowers there! I'm so happy for June I'm giddy, LOL! But these doggone upper 90s into 101 and up are nuts here in Kansas. Not unusual for Kansas though, so, oh well. The heat and humidity make the arthritis and breathing harder as we get older, really affects me and Jerry. Such a crazy world we have right now. I'm just waiting for Jesus to say "Come up here!" while I spread His good news! Blessings to you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete