Friday, September 6, 2013

Yarn!!!!

Hello Again!

I just had to pop in and show you the yarn that I bought with fellow blogger Teresa's generous gift. When I got to Michaels, their Loops & Threads Impeccable yarn was on sale so look how much I was able to snag!


The first two pictures are of smaller groups of the yarn and the third is it all together. I also had a 40% off coupon for Hobby Lobby, so I bought a skein of their "I Love This Yarn" for just over $2.00. That's it in the back on the left in the third picture. I think I got some good bargains today. Now I need to get my needles flying. Although my goal is 100 pair by the end of October, I know that if I don't get them all done by then the need will be ongoing all winter so I'll just keep plugging away at it.

It's so much fun to make things for other people. Especially when you know it's very needed by them. I want to thank all of you for your kind comments and your prayers for this project. I appreciate them all. And a special thank you to Teresa and Dayle and my friend Lori who also donated a huge box of baby wipes that Lindsay says' they use in the classroom all the time.

Could I ask you to pray for my Hubby Dennis? He got stung by a bee on Wednesday evening on the back of his hand and it's really swollen and hot. The doctor says he needs to see him this afternoon because apparently the bee's are very vicious this year and some of them are what they call "dirty bee's" if they've been around garbage and such. Then they have to give antibiotics and cortisone shots. He has been stung several times this year, (as has everyone we know, they are so bad.) I've never seen anything like this year. They're very aggressive. Hubby has NEVER had a reaction to a sting like this before. I'm praying it's an easy fix for him.

Have a lovely weekend my friends and remember to smile at someone. Maybe even give someone a hug. You'll love it too!

Blessings,
Betsy

10 comments:

  1. Hello Betsy, Prayers for your dear hubby.. I have never heard of a bee sting so bad that its need antibiotic..Sounds very awful.. I would be happy to make some mittens but I do not know how to knit. Do you have a crochet pattern for mittens... Please let me know how I can help. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Betsy.. you got a lot of yarn with our donation! Good for you!! I look forward to seeing all the wonderful mittens and things you make for the kids who need them. Gosh, I hope that hubby's swelling on his hand goes down quick. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn and I just prayed for Dennis to heal quickly, Betsy. The yarn you bought is beautiful!!! I wish I were there to knit and crochet with you. Carolyn flies back to Nebraska tomorrow morning :( Love with hugs from Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betsy, you and your husband will be in my thoughts and prayers, it sounds like those bee's are horrible. We have fire ants here, yuck. Love all the yarn you were able to buy, you are amazing and Teresa and Dayle are, too.
    Hugs to you and keep us updated on your husband.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending prayers for your husband that he will be healed soon by what the doctor gives him. Also praying that he won't be stung again this year. Those bees sound really nasty.

    Love all the yarn you were able to get with the love gift from your friends....

    Sending prayers and blessings your way sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lot of lovely yarn! Can't wait to see what it all becomes!!
    Prayers for your husband, that the bee sting has begun to calm down, and will not need further attention!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is wonderful my dear friend...you sure got a wonderful amount of yarn... That will make beautiful mittens and. Lot of happy kids :) I'm also praying for Denny's to get better very, very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a lot of beautiful yarn, super! Enjoy :-). Have a nice weekend and all the best for your hubby!!
    xxx Nata

    ReplyDelete
  9. Betsy, I knit with only wool. I think I may have some acrylic if that is what you are using. People give me yarn all of the time. Not always full skeins, but if you are interested, I will check and see exactly what I have.
    I have not been on the blog for a while and have missed so much.
    Happy Anniversary :)
    I hope that by now your DH is feeling much better. Bee stings can be brutal.
    Blessings to you and your knit project. It is pretty aggressive, but I am sure you can deliver. I find when I am in God's will the pieces just seem to fall into place.
    Knit on!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful haul Betsy (God is very good) and praying much for hubby's hand it can bean issue as we get older too and sorry to hear love Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete