Friday, November 9, 2012

Snow!?

Well, I drove home Wednesday through some beautiful fall weather. No coat, just flip flops for shoes. And look what I woke up to today!
We're expected to receive another inch or two. That's better than where our son lives in Montana. They already have 12 inches and another 7-10 are forecast. Winter HAS arrived. It was so hard to leave little Piper and her Mama. I just happen to have a picture of her for you.
Grandpa drove down last weekend and took up some of my valuable Piper cuddling time! That wasn't very nice now was it? :-) I have been busy knitting since I came home. Two more baby bonnets for the girls at church that are expecting to deliver girls within the next week. I'm also sewing them "Spit up cloths or burp cloths", whatever you want to call them. I've cut them out this morning and will sew them today. I'll take a picture for you when I finish them. Mandy got three as a gift from a lady at our campground. I've never felt anything so soft for the babys little face to rest on. Much better than any store bought cloths. And they wash really well. I should know, I've been washing them for a month now! I also made a pair of socks last night for Piper to match her new bonnet. Mandy knitted her a pair of little mittens to match so she'll have a complete set. On my "to do" list are the dishcloths for my basket by the door. I only have 8 finished so I have to get busy. As most of you know, I keep a basket of hand knitted/crocheted dishcloths by the front door in December. Anyone who visits gets to take a dishcloth home if they want one. It's my little gift to my friends. I'm waaaay behind this year in making them though. I'm also sewing myself a new dress today. I'm so disappointed in the fashtions I see in the stores and I desperately need some new clothes. I don't sew for myself much, so I'm not sure how this will turn out. If it's okay I'll take a picture for you, but don't hold your breath!!! A few dishcloths made so far using Teresa's pattern.
Also pictures of the bonnets, including on my baby doll that I keep here for children to play with when they visit. It shows the lace pattern better that way than laying on the table. My fall decor looks a little odd with the snow falling outside. I'm so tempted to get out a few winter things, but Thanksgiving is still two weeks away! Have a wonderful weekend my friends and I hope you have many, many blessings in your lives. Betsy

3 comments:

  1. Hi Betsy! Wow, snow! We have had snow on Thanksgiving, so I shouldn't be surprised. Stay warm and keep crocheting! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow! Just heard on the TV that we could be getting the coldest winter for 100 years! Not looking forward to it.
    Beautiful photo of lovely Piper and those are great bonnets.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I know snow is not your favorite substance to fall from the sky, it does freshen my outlook on the world :) I do not like to shovel it, but have wonderful memories of snow angels, sledding, and snowmen. I enjoyed seeing Miss Piper, and your stitching projects and hope to get lots of stitching done in the weeks ahead as I calm down from all the excitement from my daughter's wedding. xx from Gracie

    ReplyDelete