Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Knitting

Well hello again!  It's been a whole week since I last wrote to you all.  Most of it has been spent in my recliner coughing and coughing and coughing.  I didn't even feel like knitting or crocheting and you know that's bad.  I had 3 days with no voice at all and those same three days with a high fever but now it's just cough hanging on and a scratchy voice but at least I can talk.  I'm so glad this didn't happen the week before when I had to talk for the ladies day.  It seems most everyone in Spokane is down with this same crud right now so I'm in very good company.

We ended up with about 8 inches of snow total by Friday night but yesterday a warm wind began blowing and it's all gone!  I'm not sorry to see it go and since I was sick I didn't drive in it at all.  The ski areas are doing very well, all have already opened for the season.  It's unusual that they are able to be open before Thanksgiving.

Here's a picture of my baby Chloe in her "coat of many colors" that I made for her this spring.  She didn't get to wear it much before it warmed up so she's enjoying it this winter already.  She gets very excited when I get it out of the closet, she knows a walk is in her immediate future.  Isn't she just the sweetest little girl.  She has the best disposition and just loves everyone and every animal she meets.

 This next picture is of Christmas stockings that I made for my daughter and her husband.  She asked for them right after Christmas last year and I made them right away so I wouldn't forget until it was too late to get them done.  Her kitchen/family room/dining room colors are red and this sort of lime green.  Sounds strange but looks beautiful.  They will be able to get lots of goodies in these big stockings.
I did finish two more "slouch" hats for people at church.  A teenager girl and her dad asked for matching hats!  I thought that was cute. They chose a camoflauge colored yarn and turned out very well.  Plus, they both fit!    Now I'm working on a drop stitch scarf for my "secret sister" at church.  It will be part of her revealing gift in January.  I was going to give it to her for Christmas, but I think if I give her something knitted she'll figure out the fact that it's me.  I'm thinking of making her mittens to match.

Well, I'm off to the recliner once again.  I can't believe how tired this stuff has made me.  I had a busy day today.  I had my toes done, (pedicure) for my upcoming Hawaii trip.  I don't get that done often, maybe twice a year and it's such a treat.  I did look a bit silly in my sandals afterward.  It's a bit chilly here to be wearing flip-flop sandals.

See you all again soon.

Blessings,

Betsy

1 comment:

  1. I love the sweater you made for Chloe! I have a dachshund mix that I'd like to knit a coat for. I thought it would be fun to visit one of your very first posts!
    Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage!
    Laura Lane

    ReplyDelete