Thursday, October 27, 2011

It's Cold!

Hello Everyone!  It's cold here in the northwest!  Tuesday and Wednesday mornings were in the upper teens and today was 22 on our back deck.  The weatherman said it was warmer than that, but we always seem to get colder temps and more snow in our area.

A friend dropped off 2 boxes and a bag full of old, old, old knitting magazines.  I picked through and chose about 8 to keep.  She has someone else that wants to look at them too.  It was so much fun to look at the patterns from the 70's and 80's.  And the hair!!!  Oh my!  What were we thinking?  I imagine that will be what people say in 20 years when they look at pictures we're taking now.

This is what I did this morning.


We have Bible Study at our house tonight and although we usually don't have snacks, just coffee and tea, I decided that the cold weather dictated some yummy muffins.  Then I realized that it's Cheryl's birthday today, so it is very appropriate to have baked goodies.  Right?  These are chocolate/peanut butter chip muffins.  The filling is chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, cream cheese and sugar. In other words, no calories at all! :-)

I finished this set on Tuesday evening.  I think I've made 6 or so of these sets this year.  I like the flower on the hat.  Every flower I put on the girls hats are different because I can't remember what I did before!  It is chocolate brown and pink, made from Caron's Simply Soft yarn.

And this, this is my dear friend "V".  I visit her a couple of times a week and I love her to pieces.  I used to help care for her and her husband who has now passed away.  She calls me her "knitting angel" because she has Alzheimers and can't remember names.  She knows who I am though and I love her like a mother.  My Mom died when I was 29 years old. "V" is within 2 weeks of the age my own Mom would have been had she lived.  Maybe that's why I care so much for her.  One of the aides took this picture for me on Tuesday.

Now I'm working on a hat and scarf for myself.  Now that's a shocker.  I hardly every keep anything for myself but decided to make some cold weather things for myself.  I'll post pictures when I can.

Alex has recieved yet another box of hats, baby items and mittens for the people in Japan.  Thank you all for the support you have shown this project.  He apologizes for not distributing the last 3 boxes he's recieved.  He's been very ill with a flu-like illness and has not been able to get out. He's much better now and will get the items to their new owners as soon as possible.

Here's a verse from a song that's been repeating itself over and over in my head all week long.  It's from the song "Hosanna" by Hillsong. I hope it means something to you too.

Heal my heart and make it clean.
Open up my eyes to the things unseen.
Show me how to love like You have loved  me.
Break my heart for what breaks Yours,
Everthing I am for Your Kingdoms cause,
As I walk from earth into eternity.

I do want my heart to break for what breaks my Lords' heart and I want to be His hands and feet while I walk on this earth.  Let me know your thoughts on this if you would like to share.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Blesssings,

Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment