Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Beautiful Days

Happy Wednesday, everyone! We’ve had some beautiful days here for the last couple of weeks. For the next few days it’s supposed to be in the 60s and 70s which is perfect as far as I’m concerned. I thought I would show you the view from where I sit when I’m knitting and crafting. The leaves are starting to fall and I wasn’t as on the ball as I should have been and getting a good picture before.

Piper was here a couple of weeks ago and did all of my fall decorating for me. Didn’t she do a great job? This is under the TV.

Above the fireplace

The little table by the entry

On the kitchen island. Please excuse the groceries sitting next to the green pumpkin.

The table centerpiece

The diamond Painting I did two years ago

I have been knitting away on Piper‘s first of two requested sweaters along with Zoey‘s help. It has to have the pockets put in and 6 inch shawl collar made along with the other sleeve. The older she gets, the longer it takes me to make her a sweater! My little girl isn’t a little girl anymore. The pattern is the Pure Comfort Cardigan and I think it was a free pattern on Ravelry. It’s Piper‘s favorite sweater pattern. 

Before I make her the second one though, I need to make one for “baby J”. She requested a sweater on Saturday when we talked. She wants it to be pink, blue and purple! I have the pattern picked out and I showed it to her on FaceTime and she approves. For a two-year-old she knows exactly what she wants! 😍I want to have it done for her before Thanksgiving because they’ll be here that week and it will save me shipping it. The cost to ship even a small package to London is astronomical, so we try to avoid it whenever possible. Any gifts purchased for the three of them during the year are bought through Amazon UK account and then we give them their Christmas gifts when they’re here for Thanksgiving.

Not a lot has happened since I last spoke to you. In book club, we finished “Mansfield Park” by Jane Austen. Next month, we will watch a montage of different films of the book. In December is the Christmas tea. And January we will start Jane Austen‘s “Persuasion.” You’ve probably figured out that it’s a Jane Austen book club. 😂 Mandy goes to it with me as does Barb and a couple of other ladies I know. There are actually about 45 women and a couple of men who show up every month for the book discussion. I’ve enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.

I hope you’re all having a lovely week and enjoying the weather wherever you are. Please continue to remember the victims of the hurricanes here in the US. I understand the Philippines is being absolutely drenched with rain right now and it’s up to peoples chests in single level houses. Plus the wars and rumors of wars all over the world. There is definitely a lot to be praying about. 

Blessings and Love,
Betsy

Sweet Hour of Prayer

Sweet hour of prayer! Sweet hour of prayer!
That calls me from a world of care,
And bids me at my Father’s throne
Make all my wants and wishes known.

In seasons of distress and grief, 
My soul has often found relief,
And oft escaped, the temptor’s snare, 
By thy return, sweet hour of prayer!

Sweet hour of prayer! Sweet hour of prayer!
They wings shall my petition bear
To Him whose truth and faithfulness 
Engage the waiting soul to bless.

And since He bids me seek His face
Believe His word and trust His grace
I’ll cast on Him my every care
And wait for thee, sweet hour of prayer!

4 comments:

  1. Nice decorations!! Piper did a great job. The sweater is coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLA BETSY: HERMOSO EL SWETER QUE ESTAS TEJIENDO PARA TU NIETA, EL TIEMPO VUELA NO? Y ELLOS CRECEN RAPIDO, YO SIENTO LO MISMO CON MIS NIETOS/AS. TAMBIEN AQUI ENVIAR ALGO A OTRO PAIS CUESTA DEMASIADO DINERO, ME GUSTARIA PODER ENVIARTE ALGUNA MANUALIDAD QUE HAGO O QUE TEJO, LAMENTO MUCHO NO PODER HACERLO DULCE HERMANA. QUE BUENO QUE TU HIJO,NUERA Y NIETA PUEDAN VENIR A VISITARTE, ES UNA GRAN BENDICION. SI EL MUNDO ES UN CAOS ENTRE TANTOS DESASTRES NATURALES,LAS GUERRAS Y LOS RUMORES DE GUERRA,TANTA GENTE INOCENTE QUE MUERE O QUE TIENE QUE DEJAR SU HOGAR Y PERDERLO TODO,NO ME LO IMAGINO, ESTAMOS TAN CONFORTABLES EN NUESTROS HOGARES QUE NO NOS IMAGINAMOS LO QUE SUFREN LOS QUE VIVEN EN MEDIO DE LA GUERRA. ORAR ES TODO LO QUE PODEMOS HACER, CRISTO VIENE PRONTO.BENDICIONES Y FELICIDADES POR TU NUEVO NIETO/A EN CAMINO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HELLO BETSY: THE SWEATER YOU ARE KNITTING FOR YOUR GRANDDAUGHTER IS BEAUTIFUL, TIME FLIES, RIGHT? AND THEY GROW UP FAST, I FEEL THE SAME WITH MY GRANDCHILDREN. ALSO HERE SENDING SOMETHING TO ANOTHER COUNTRY COSTS TOO MUCH MONEY, I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO SEND YOU SOME CRAFTS THAT I MAKE OR THAT I KNIT, I'M VERY SORRY I CAN'T DO IT SWEET SISTER. IT'S GOOD THAT YOUR SON, NAUGHTER-IN-LAW AND GRANDDAUGHTER CAN COME TO VISIT YOU, IT'S A GREAT BLESSING. IF THE WORLD IS A CHAOS AMONG SO MANY NATURAL DISASTERS, WARS AND WAR RUMORS, SO MANY INNOCENT PEOPLE WHO DIE OR WHO HAVE TO LEAVE THEIR HOME AND LOSE EVERYTHING, I CAN'T IMAGINE IT, WE ARE SO COMFORTABLE IN OUR HOMES THAT WE CAN'T IMAGINE WHAT THOSE WHO LIVE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WAR SUFFER. PRAYING IS ALL WE CAN DO, CHRIST IS COMING SOON. BLESSINGS AND CONGRATULATIONS FOR YOUR NEW GRANDCHILD ON THE WAY.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the name of Piper’s favorite sweater. It is still free on Ravelry and now in my library and in my files! Fall weather has been heavenly here in my little corner of Wyoming. LOTS of large wildfires in the northern sections with massive amounts of damage. I don’t know how the ranchers can survive after losing feed and winter pastures. Devastating for wildlife, too.

    ReplyDelete