Thursday, May 17, 2018

Rain, Sun, Rain...Rinse and repeat!

We have had a wonderful week of sunny days...until today.  It's been raining fairly steadily most of the day which is fine with me, but there is severe flooding all around northern Washington and Idaho and I feel so bad for the people in those areas.  Flooding now and then forest fires in a few months.  That seems to be the cycle in the past few years.

Big family news!

Miss Piper graduated!  Here are a few photos of her. This first one was sent to me before they left for school yesterday.  She looks so old!  Oh, my goodness, where have the years gone?   She chose her own dress and accessories.
 Here she is with Brad's mom, Marilyn.  I'm so glad that at least one of us Grandma's were able to go to her special programs, (and graduation), this year.  I am VERY sad that I'm missing all of these milestones, but very grateful that Mandy sends us lots of picturees.
 This was sent to us at bedtime last night.  Apparently she didn't want to remove her graduation cap.  Papa said she's already studying for college.  I think we need to let her go to kindergarten first. :-)
 I've been knitting on a couple of dishcloths since I last wrote on Monday.  I realized my gift shelf was getting pretty low so I thought I should get some made up.  I have another on the needles now and really enjoy this pattern.  It's become my "go to" pattern for dishcloths.  It's memorized so very easy to do on the go.
It was a busy morning for me today.  I went out to the lake yesterday morning and we spent the night.  Dennis left for work about 4:45 a.m. and I left about 7:00.  After a quick stop at home to drop Chloe off and shower I was off to Weight Watchers.  It was a good week there where I was down 1.2 lbs. for a total of almost 20!  Only a little tiny bit more to reach that first big goal.  I still have lots more to lose, (about 30 lbs.), but it will be good to reach another milestone.

After W.W. I stopped at Hobby Lobby because they have their "I Love This Cotton" on sale for 30% off.  Since I was almost completely out, I thought I should get some.  All of this was less than $20.00.  Normally it's $3.49 per skein so it was a good time to stock up a little.

 After Hobby Lobby, I ran to get my hair trimmed then it was time for acupuncture on my feet, the grocery store and finally home about 2:30.  Now I need to clean house and finish some laundry because we have Bible Study here tonight.  Whew!  I'm tired.

Tomorrow I'll go back to the lake for the weekend.  Yippee!  We have a birthday party to attend for Hayden on Saturday out at their new house.  I hope the weather is good.  They have a new addition to their family.  The boys were promised a dog when they got settled in a forever home so look who came home last week!  Meet Denali!  He is SO cute.  They love Chloe so much that they decided to get a lab puppy, although he is an American lab and she is a British lab.
Jenny gave me and her daughters each a couple of roses on Mother's day.  Wasn't that sweet?  I think they're beautiful and they still look gorgeous.

Okay.  Enough sitting.  I need to sweep floors and switch the clothes from the washer to dryer and fold the sheets.  A woman's work is never done is it?

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend full of love and blessings, both seen and unseen.

"In thier hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps." Proberbs 16:9

Blessings,
Betsy

19 comments:

  1. Little Miss Piper is growing so fast! And she looks so cute for graduation. Hobby Lobby always has such good sales and you can't beat that 40% off coupon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to little Miss Piper! She looks adorable in her cap, but then she looks adorable ALL the time. And can we talk about that puppy ---- cute overload.

    And your dishcloths!!! That is such a great pattern. I've never found a color it doesn't look good in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Piper in that graduation cap is just too adorable! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a blessing that technology makes it possible to send photos so quickly! Miss Piper is adorable in her cap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our weather's been semi warm then cloudy then back to warm. No rain. More yarn? :-} I've had a busy work week. Tired today so I didn't go to bible study. Will do some reading though. Piper is growing up well and good looking girl. Nice you get photos of her. Need to water plants then relax. Dominos pizza for dinner so easy cleanup. Need to pull out fabric and get a project started. Why I make small quilts for grands good idea but then I have to make it...cutting is the hard part. Sigh! Hope your back is better. Hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to Piper! She is such a doll! Also congrats on your 20 lb. loss. I wish we had a Hobby Lobby, but don't. Dang. What a score on the yarn! Have fun out at the lake. I sure wish we had a place on some water. Nothing too exciting going on here which is fine as we had such a hectic several weeks and I'm tired out. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there Betsy
    Must admit I was really really blown away that Piper had graduated.. over here it happens a end of high school and tertiary studies.. as far as I know..but may depend on school here..
    Love that you're doing so well at weight watchers. Ive pit myself back on it. I lost 21kg which is like 44lb in 2005/6 and every now and then have to pull my head in and lose 5kg or 11lb or so. Am into my second week. First week is always good... press on and keep on keeping on.
    I've had an exhausting day too.. my darling unsaved 89y.o dad isn't at all well.
    Praying for him. And you dear sis.
    Hugs Shaz in Oz .x

    ReplyDelete
  8. How Miss Piper is growing up so quickly, the photos are adorable. So nice that you are included and don't miss any major events in her sweet life. I thank the Lord daily for the technology enabling us to keep in touch with family and friends. Well done on your weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Piper is looking very grown up. :) You are getting a lot done so I'm hoping that means you are feeling better. After we started our journey back to Kuwait, I found out my mom fell and broke her hip. She had a partial hip replacement on Tuesday and this coming Monday is being transferred to the VA Hospital that's an hour and a half away for rehab. If she needs additional help, I may go back at some point so spend time with her. Wish I had gone to a Hobby Lobby or Michael's while in the Canada and the States. The yarn choices at WalMart were pitiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Miss Piper is growing so fast. She is adorable, as always. Wishing you great weather while you are all away enjoying the weekend. ((hugs)) Blessings always sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Piper. Already a fashionista! well done! Good score on the yarn! Good for you and WW milestone. I took a few days off counting points and am up 2 pounds. UGH. Time to count again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Piper has gotten so grown up! I feel like I have watched her grow up here!
    Nice haul on the yarn! I need to do some gift knitting too.
    Have a great time at the lake!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to Piper, what a big day. Little Buddy graduated last year and I remember crying a bit, which completely embarrassed my kids. So fun to have had Becky and Phil visit, hope you did not overdue my friend. Sending you a big hug Betsy, well a gentle one so I don't hurt your back.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh dear! I missed the sale on "I Love This Cotton". I am not accomplishing much except working in the courtyard so they probably will have another before I need it. Congratulations to Piper! She looks all "girlie". I am glad you are getting to spend time at the trailer. Beautiful roses and adorable puppy! Have a nice week-end! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations to cute Piper! She is darling. Hope you are having a good weekend at the lake. I'm meeting up with Dee today! Still raining here...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Piper is adorable! I'm so happy that you got to get away up to the lake . . . I know it is one of your favorite places to be. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Little Miss is a real doll! It's rainy here this evening, too. We missed the sunshiny week here as we were in Chicago and had rainy days there as well as the worst rain/lightning storm w'eve been in in years. Enjoy the lake!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aw, that little Miss Piper! What a gorgeous little girl she is! I love the little outfit she picked out, and how cute that she didn't want to take off her cap! I know you missed being there. So thankful they were able to send lots of pictures. Your dishcloths are so pretty...I think of you every time I use mine, which is a LOT! Love and appreciate you, sweet friend. :) Praying for you and SO appreciate your prayers for us, especially now. Dear Uncle Nelson just sobs on the phone with me, and I hardly know what to do. My own grief is so deep...Aunt Vaida's void will never be filled.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Piper is a doll.
    It was so nice to catch up with you. I love that believers share a bond. I'm so glad to be part of the family of God.

    ReplyDelete