Friday, May 25, 2018

It's been a week!

Oh my goodness.  It's been an entire week since I last posted!  It's been a fun week with most of it spent at the lake.  I was there from early Friday morning until Sunday night.  Then I went back Tuesday morning and came home this morning for Bible study, errands and laundry.  Tomorrow morning I'm going back and don't plan to come home until next Wednesday!  Oh, I love these spring days when it's quiet out there during the week.  Once school gets out, look out!  It's busy, busy, busy all summer long, but I enjoy that too.  I love to hear the kids laughing and running up and down the road on their way to the beach and fishing.  But the quietness of spring has it's many virtues too. :-)

I spent a lot of time walking and averaged 8000-12,000 steps each day on my Fitbit.  I walk a lot more there than at home.  Isn't this a beautiful view?
 The cabins have all been cleaned and are waiting for the summer guests to arrive.  Which I'm sure will be this weekend.
 Do you see the guy on the jet ski to the right in the picture?  He was video taping and talking, (yelling), into the camera as he drove around the lake.  I wonder if he has a u-tube channel or something?
 I never get tired of looking at the different views around the lake.
 I had five garbage bags of partial skeins of yarn given to me at church on Sunday.  Most of it is probably over 50 years old and will have to be tossed for one reason or another, but there is still enough for a few baby blankets.  I crocheted this one on Monday while watching the water skiers go by the trailer.  Sorry it isn't a nice photo.  I didn't have a place to lay it flat that wasn't covered with pollen from the pine trees.
 I also made seven more dishcloths this week for my gift closet.
 And look what arrived last Friday from Tammy at T's Daily Treasures on my sidebar.  She was in the States for her son's college graduation.  Tammy and her husband live in Kuwait and I've been blogging friends with her for several years.  She is so sweet.
 There is this beautiful post card of the Holy City of Bethlehem with different scenes.
 Also this beautiful piece crocheted by Tammy herself and a keychain made from Olive wood from the Holy Land.  Tammy knows how much these items mean to me and I thank her for thinking of me while she was here visiting her family. 
These ladies, these women all around the world have come to mean so much to me.  From the ladies I have met in person who live in the Portland area, to women far away in the United Kingdom, in Kuwait, in Australia and in Japan, along with many, many others here in the States and around the world, I have made friends, sisters of the heart and I am so thankful for this blog that has given me that opportunity.

How else would I know to pray for Lorraine and her husband Gerald in the U.K., or Sharon and her father in Austraila?   My dear friend Cheryl has had several family tragedy's this year and each time she reaches out to ask for prayer from her sisters here in blogland.  I am so grateful for each and everyone of you as you come to visit my little corner of the world here.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and for those of you here in the States, a fun and SAFE Memorial Day weekend.

"A new command I give you: Love one another.  As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." John 13:34-35

Blessings,
Betsy

18 comments:

  1. aw the lake. I want to rent one of those cabins too! Hope you had a great week and like the gifts you got from your friend! We got our paint colors figured out. Now just need to know how much it will cost for it to get painted! Can't wait til it's all done! Take care my friend...i'm off to bed. just finished blogging...busy but good week! Hugs and blessings and hope all is well where you are...back, furnace, and don't knit yourself into too small of a corner!!!!HA! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to have "met" you through blogland, too, Betsy. I enjoy sending small mementos while in the States, especially since mailing anything from Kuwait is always iffy. Glad to hear you are getting in some good walks. Staying active and mobile is so important to our well-being. Having a relaxing hobby also helps, too. You're putting that yarn to good use. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet gift. I wish you a happy and joyful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all do have a lovely friendship in blogland, don't we? I feel very fortunate to have made such nice friends through blogging. I'm glad you're enjoying time at the lake now while it's quiet, it really sounds wonderful. I loved seeing what you're making lately too. I hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That view is spectacular!
    Before blogs were a thing I used to listen to shortwave radio and met so many nice people all over the world from it. We still write to each other but being able to share our lives so intimately now as we do in blogland is such a gift. The times we live in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why you enjoy being at the lake - it's beautiful. Walking in that area would be relaxing. Love the blanket and all of the dishcloths that you've made.

    Sorry that I haven't responded to comments you've left on my blog. Blogger has stopped sending emails when a comment isn't published. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy for you that you're getting to spend so much time at your beloved lake. That sounds like a lot of gifted yarn! I so agree with you about the joys of blogging and making friends from around the world. I'm so happy that you were able to come to Portland so often when your daughter and Piper lived here. I miss seeing you for lunch with the girls. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful place you have to go and relax! I hope you have many wonderful days there the summer. Even going out in the courtyard first thing this morning was so peaceful. You have many wonderful blogger friends and it is so sweet that you are willing to pray for any of us that ask. Thank you! Have a wonderful Memorial Day! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love the lake photos so much. We were on a friends boat last night and it was so relaxing! Lorraine is in my prayers today. Your blanket is so sweet. A blessing to someone it will be! Love your gifts.. Blogpals are so kind. LOVE The dishcloths. Happy Weekend

    ReplyDelete
  10. The lake is so pretty. I know you always have such a wonderful time there. The blanket is lovely. I love that yarn from so long ago will keep a sweet little one warm. It is so wonderful the kind people we meet on our blogs, and you my friend are truly a sister of the heart. Blessings to you always sweet friend. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Betsy, I am so glad you are enjoying the lake and Spring. I almost teared up a bit as I read your post. I feel the same way about my blog friends. Sometimes I feel like it is hard to set aside time to visit, but it is always time well spent. Even though you are not talking to each other you can visit with friends anytime of the day or night. Blogging has such a special place in my heart and you are one of the reasons I feel that way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh, Meredith said it so well :) I am so glad we met, Betsy...my special friend sister in Christ. You are a great encouragement and inspiration to me, Even though I have not commented on all of your posts, I enjoyed reading them and keeping in touch with your busy, industrious life. I'm so glad you are back at the lake and sharing its beauty with us, too. Thank you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, sweet friend! Your words touched my heart so deeply! Thank you so much for all you mean to me. You are so right...we have made so many wonderful, precious friendships through our blogs, and you are surely one of the dearest to me. God has been so good to intersect our lives and orchestrate the details. I trust He will bless you with many more happy days at your beloved lake. I am SOOOO proud of you for taking all those steps!! My, that is just wonderful!!!! Sending hugs to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your mooning comment on my blog this week was hysterical. YOU ? Of all the people? tee hee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your photos, Betsy! Love that group of Almost Lost dishcloths, too. Have a Happy Memorial Day; it's even sunny here!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi dear Betsy.
    I read this days ago.. and i didn't comment bad me!!
    Thanks dear precious sis fir all those prayers for darling dad. He needs to know the Lord sis. That's the biggest ache of my heart. We must walk by faith (faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things NOT seen. Heb 11:1) so trusting trying to trust and rest is the key to daily walk.
    Loved sound of lake time ad photos and your wonderful knitting!!! Speshul ++++
    Hugs and prayers dear friend. So glad you are picking up. XXxX Shaz in Oz. XXxX

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love seeing your pictures of the lake. It is so beautiful. Must be very relaxing to be there. Pretty new blanket and your dishcloths are lovely (who ever thought I would think of dish cloths as lovely??).

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is beautiful there on your lake! I finally made it here to visit you! I will be back:)

    ReplyDelete