Friday, December 15, 2017

Just Stopping by...

I had a few photos I wanted to share with you all.  I just finished Marilyn's blanket, literally 10 minutes ago, and popped it in the washer on delicate so I thought I would show you a few precious things I've received recently and a surprise when I went downstairs to the laundry room.

First the surprise.  It's snowing!  It just started and I really thought it was going to pass us by because it was supposed to arrive during the night and didn't.  Oh well.  I don't have to go anywhere and it's so pretty to watch falling.
 As you can still see the grass peeking through, it has obviously not been coming down very long.
 This is a beautiful Christmas card by my sweet friend Sharon in Australia.  Her blog is on my sidebar as "Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz".  She is an amazing lady and makes the incredible cards.  I've put this into a shadow box frame and intend to leave it out year round.  Each of those tiny details were made by her own sweet hands.  Just lovely.
This is a sweet little monster made by Mere's friend in honor of her daughter who was killed in a car accident.  Doesn't he make you smile?
This sweet little angel is the newest to join our tree.  She was my gift at the ladies Christmas tea and ornament exchange at church last Sunday. Isn't she beautiful?  I collect angels and love every one.
Our star tree topper was bought by Dennis' parents the year he was born.  They gave it to us the first year we were married because she bought a new one.  It has proudly graced our own tree for 39 Christmas's.  It's not fancy but we love it.
Jamie made this angel ornament when he was five in Sunday school.  It has hung at the top of the tree ever since, right under the star for 29 Christmas's now.
That's about it for today.  I'm at the strange stage for me, of only having a pair of socks and a scarf on the needles.  I don't feel like working on either, so maybe I'll start a scrap toddler blanket.  What do you think?  Well, maybe I should turn the heel on the sock so it's ready for mindless round and round knitting if I go somewhere.

Thank you for the sweet well wishes.  The doctors office called this morning and since nothing has changed, improved or worse since starting antibiotics I'm to check in with them Monday unless I get noticeably worse and then go to E.R.  Luckily, I'm a homebody and don't mind staying home at all.  I'm watching podcasts, and Hallmark movies and enjoying my nice warm house.  I do appreciate the prayers and sweet messages you all have sent me this week.

I hope all of your holiday plans are coming together and that you take the time to remember to include Jesus, as He is the reason we're celebrating the day at all.

"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen." Ephesians 4:29

Blessings always,
Betsy

16 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're staying home and taking care of yourself! I'm jealous of your pretty snow.. I like to see it fall. I know it's no fun to have too much of it, but it's so neat to see it. I'm also at a crossroads of needing to find a new project.. but my sister was wearing some knitted leg warmers and I think I might try making some for me. Enjoy your cozy home by the fire. I have to go swimming.. eek.. brrr.. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there anything prettier than a pine tree with snow on it??? So lovely.

    I'm doing the knitting/podcast watching thing too today. Are there any podcasts you recommend? I'm always looking for some new ones to vary things up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow is predicted here tonight and tomorrow, so with any luck, it may be delayed until tomorrow night. The Guild holiday meeting is tomorrow morning, and I don't want to drive on nasty roads. Feel free to keep the storm entertained in your area for a bit longer, okay?

    My Mom had the same tree topper for years - what are the chances.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've got monster sisters! Aren't they just the cutest?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so nice to see the snow today Betsy! I enjoyed seeing your pictures. We got about 3-4 inches here I think. I enjoyed seeing your ornaments and the stories behind them, such sweet memories! I hope you continue to get to feeling better and are able to enjoy the Christmas holidays! Much love to you dear friend, and after the holidays, we will plan a lunch visit together :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betsy, I am glad you can stay in where it is cozy and warm. I am also glad that little monster is making you smile. Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The snow is pretty to watch...I hereby send all my snow your way for the rest of the winter season. :) I am not a fan of winter and I hate walking or driving in snow. Yuck. But it is pretty to look at if you don't have to go out. I have you in my prayers sweet friend. Hope you have a lovely day filled with many blessings. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful snow. I LOVE seeing your angels, decorations, ornaments and their stories!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh lovely snow. Predictions say we'll have some on Christmas. I'm not holding my breath! We'll be at home anyway! Glad you're doing better. Phil still is coughing but he feels better everyday! Thank goodness! I like all your ornaments. Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad you are doing well. I am ever so grateful for our health this year, and thankful for so many things most take advantage of. Your tree is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi There, Love seeing the snow on that evergreen tree... GORGEOUS.... Snow spells Christmas to me --but we seldom get snow here on Christmas. There is a 'tiny' chance this year though --so they say??????

    Beautiful Christmas Card....That is definitely one which needs to be framed....

    That tree topper angel is such a wonderful memory/tradition... I still have the little angel we put on our FIRST Christmas tree when my first hubby and I were married in 1962.... That year we had an all-blue-light tree--and this little angel has a blue dress on.... ha.. Great memories though...

    Merry Christmas....

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, sweet friend! I do hope you feel much better soon! The snow looked so pretty in your pictures, and I loved seeing and hearing about the ornaments and star on your tree. I also love how you hang your Christmas cards. I used to have a certain method of hanging ours, but since we have moved, I have struggled to figure out the best way to hang them. So, seeing your cards in the background gave me much-needed inspiration today!! Sending much love and hugs to you today! Praying for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Our internet has been down so am behind. I hope that the antibiotics worked by now and that you are able to enjoy Christmas. It is unusual for you not to have a lot of knitting going but hopefully you will be back to feeling like it soon! Have a wonderful Christmas! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to hear that you are resting and taking things easy. Sending you a hug in the hope it will make you feel a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your tree is so pretty - love seeing all your ornaments. Hope you are feeling better by now Betsy. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What lovely ornaments, history, and memories to go with them.

    ReplyDelete