Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Blue Skies

Hello my friends!
We have had some beautiful weather the past few days.  Here, let me show you an example...
People are having a grand time on the lake...
I did zoom in a bit on the sailboat so you could see it towing a covered "floatie" with some children on it.  Sorry for the blurriness, it's because of the zoom.  There were lots of boats and jet skis out this weekend, along with the fishing boats and canoes and kayaks.  Dennis and Paul canoed several miles down the lake and back Sunday evening.  They both really enjoy canoeing.

Even the dogs were having a good time.  Here is Mattie and Sophie watching Chloe walk by.  We joke that we have small, medium and large dogs.  It's really cute when they're all laying on this quilt at the same time.  The three of them really are good friends.  Such different dogs and so sweet together.
I finished putting together and crocheting a border around some of Nita's squares to go to the Crisis nursery.
I made a pair of mittens yesterday afternoon.  I brought my mitten needles home with me because I need to make at least 2 pair a week in order to meet my goal by fall.  I have fallen behind with not having the correct needles here at home the past few weeks.
I also knit on my socks this weekend.  I changed my mind on the pattern and decided to make the "Monkey Socks" found on Ravelry.
Here's a closer look at the pattern.  It's an 11 row repeat and I do have to look at each row so it's not a fast knit or mindless knit, but I do like how they're turning out.  I can't wait to see them finished.  
Last Thursday night we had an unexpected thunderstorm pop up right over Spokane during our Bible study.  One of the ladies who was sitting by the patio door jumped up and grabbed my phone and took this photo for me.  Isn't it gorgeous?
We have seen more double rainbows since living in this house than I've seen in my entire life.

My headache is a bit better every day, but is still there.  Quite annoying, because I was doing so well with my walking before this silly accident.  I was walking about 7-8 miles a day.  Now I get about 1-2 miles if I'm lucky.  Oh well.  It's much better than it was two weeks ago, it's just slow.  I know eventually all will be well again.

Chloe and I came home from the lake today because Dennis had meetings Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights this week after work.  We stayed alone there last night, but I missed my husband so we came home tonight.  It doesn't make sense for him to drive out just in time to go to bed, only to get up at 4:30 a.m. To do it all again.  Although he would if I asked him to.  I plan go back tomorrow night, or I may wait until Thursday.  Friday is a ladies luncheon for the senior ladies at church so I'll need to come back to town for that.  Next week is just as bad.  A dinner on Tuesday evening and a cardiologist visit on Thursday.   It sure chops up the week for camping doesn't it?  My goal is to be able to spend an entire week out there without driving home at some point this summer.

I hope that you are all enjoying the summer.  I saw the beautiful "strawberry moon" last night over the treetops but was unable to get a good picture.  It was amazing.  Thank you all for visiting me today.  I appreciate each and every one of you.

"You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in Your Word." Psalm 119:114

Blessings,
Betsy







16 comments:

  1. The double rainbow is beautiful. We saw the moon last night through our binoculars. Megan and I had seen something red shining in the southern sky so I pulled out two binoculars I leave in the car for trips. Not sure what the red things was though. Oh well, maybe space ship of some kind...hahaha! We had quite the thunderstorm on Sat. late a.m. Glad you are feeling better, little by little. Have a blessed week, my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lake home looks like heaven and that rainbow...wow! I haven't seen even a single one in ages.
    Lovely projects as always. Those socks are really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful rainbow, a stunning sight that I have not seen before apart from in pictures or on the screen. Love the socks, such a great pattern. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Time at the lake! Hang in there sweet friend, you will be back there again soon. Love the socks. I bet they'll be fun to wear, too. Wishing you a day filled with many blessings sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Betsey. That rainbow photo is stunning. The lake looks absolutely beautiful. You are doing well with your yarn projects as well. so sorry your head is still not right. Hope it won't be long until you make a full recovery. Look after yourself and thank you for popping by. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you get back to normal asap so you can spend as much time there as possible. I do know how appointments and engagements get in the way of summer fun. I am looking forward to our Waldo Lake camping trip. No sailboats this year.. we just weren't using them enough to justify the work of getting them to the lake and setting them up and Dayle wrecked his and it leaks now. But I'm really sad to give it up. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So thankful to know you are feeling a bit better, sweet friend. I am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh your monkey socks are just lovely. I think it is sweet that you miss your beloved hubby.
    I love a rainbow....any day

    ReplyDelete
  9. How long does it take to get to the lake from your house? I still cannot get over how much knitting/crocheting you get done. You must put in hours and hours. Your lake looks so pretty....it really looks similar to ours here but the only lakes I enjoy are ones where you can't see houses like when I used to fish up in Canada and they would fly you in to remote cabin on a lake. A little scary to be that far from civilization but also so beautiful to see nature as it is meant to be, unspoiled and untouched by humans. So glad you got to get up there and I too hope you can spend an entire week without interruption at the lake! I hope your appointment goes well and that your headache disappears! Those monkey socks remind me of the monkey bread. I wonder if that's how they got their name? Gorgeous yarn and I bet they are going to be so cushy and soft on your legs. Amazing rainbow photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Betsy! I just love your lake posts. I am about to put one up myself. We had a glorious day on the lake on Saturday!
    Love the socks...I am turning into a sock fanatic myself! LOVE, love, love them!
    I see you are a dpn gal. I have tried all of the methods, and I like magic loop and 9" circs the best.
    I still don't know how you hurt yourself, but am glad that the headaches are now subsiding.
    Take care of yourself, and enjoy life at the lake!
    PS how far from your home is the lake to you?
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! So glad you had some lake time! You all are blessed with sweet dogs :) I enjoyed seeing your progress on all of your knitting and crocheting. Your friend got a great photo of your double rainbow at home!! It is raining here today...which is good for the garden, but I am ready for more sunshine :) May the Lord speed your healing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The lake looks beautiful Betsy. I wish you lived closer so I could work on your head. I sure hope that you feel better soon, no doubt the lake and your knitting help. Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah Betsy, I note you've more than one post a page now, thank you! I love your photos and thanks for sharing your double rainbow, I saw the strawberry moon on my friends big, she lives in Texas. Love your new sock patter very pretty.
    My sisters collarbone is healing slowly too she fell and snapped it at same time as you had your concussion. She said though she noticed improvement in last week and that has helped however healing does take time. God is all wise and He has His reasons.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete