Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Projects, Projects, Projects!

Happy Tuesday my friends. It must be a new year because I've been busy finishing up projects and beginning new ones. Before I start showing you all of my projects I just want to say that I hope you are all keeping warm today. I know it's bitterly cold over much of the U.S. today. We're at a balmy 22F right now which is a veritable heat wave compared to many of you. I have a fire happily burning in the wood stove and I'm cozy in my home for the day.
And now let me show you finished projects!





My computer is NOT cooperating today in loading pictures. I finally loaded them into a draft with my iphone and have come to the computer to finish the post. So this will be short and sweet.

The first picture is of the lovely pincushion that Taci made for the three of us girls at our bloggers luncheon. I've been so busy getting the mittens done that I haven't worked on anything else. Taci had the crocheted part done and included everything we needed to just stitch up the fabric interior, stuff it and then crochet around the edge. She even included the sweet little heart pins. Isn't it cute?

The next pictures show my little Chloe modeling the scarf that I FINALLY finished from the yarn Gracie gifted me with last summer. Isn't it beautiful? Chloe is a rather shy model. She always acts like she's in trouble. I just love this scarf/shawl. I wore it yesterday for the first time and it's so soft and comfy. Thank you so, so much Gracie! You are a blessing to me.

I'm also starting a quilt for a friend of Mandy's. She bought some of the material and I went last night and bought more fabric and the batting and thread. Here it is all stacked up. My goal today is to iron it all and cut the pieces. I washed and dried it all last night. Quilting is NOT my favorite activity but it will be worth it to bring a smile to her face.

Lastly is the crocheted blanket I started on Sunday. It's made of all cotton and in neutral colors. I'm loving it but I'm not sure what I'll do with it when it's done. We really don't need anymore afghans around here. I'm sure I'll find someone who needs it. :-)

If I want to get anything done, I better get off the computer and get busy. I wasted almost an hour trying to get these pictures to load.

I hope you have a wonderfully warm and happy week.

Blessings,

Betsy

9 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely projects you have going on Betsy but I am loving all that pretty fabric for the quilt....I can't wait to see what you come up with!
    The cold actually came really down south, we woke up to only 15 degrees.....a record breaking forecast for us!
    Stay warm!
    xx Shari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Chloe is so sweet....just want to give her a big hug. She does look like she is in trouble. Too, cute. I love the colors of the yarn, too.

    You are right, even though we might not like to do something, if it brings others happiness, then it really is worth it in the end.

    Love the start you have on your blanket. It's going to be so soft and pretty.

    Blessings always sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Betsy, so sorry to hear you're having blogging issues.. have you figured out how to get all your side bar things back? Next time you're here I can look at your computer and try to help. It's hard to do long distance. I love all your crafty makes.. I need to put together my pin cushion in a jar. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betsy, you have been so busy. I love the pin cushion Taci designed, how clever of her to put in parts of it for you all to finish. Love the fabrics and of course the scarf is so beautiful. My Max would not like to model either.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful work and I do like your canine model :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Betsy! I love the pincushion that Taci made for you!! And the scarf is adorable on your Chloe! I am eager to see the quilt you make! And the cotton afghan is cozy looking!!!
    Stay in and stay warm!!!!!!
    I wish it would get cold and rain here!!! We need it so badly!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah wodnerful things going n here Betsy would love to come for visit but think it would be toooo cold!

    Fell Chloe thought this was a serious task and trying really hard :D ad love the scarf.. happy crafting, Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry you and Blogger are at odds, Betsy :( Have you widened your blog recently? That may have something to do with your current troubles.

    Your recent makes are all so pretty! I 'm glad you are enjoying the scarf! Chloe is a demure model :)

    I wish we could spend hours together stitching...by your fire or mine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you were able to finish your pin cushion. As I told Gracie I was curious if anybody was actually going to make it... What a wonderful scarf. Very pretty and your favorite color. Can't wait to see the quilt... I'm sure it will be beautiful. Chloe is such a shy , but very beautiful model. Miss you my dear friend :)

    ReplyDelete